$1000 spent on a horrible tree and it's not even mine.

Started by TheFugitive, June 13, 2018, 02:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

So there is this huge tree in the yard next-door.  The trunk comes right up to the fence line.
It is growing out of control.  It has overspread my yard as well as the neighbor on the other
side.  A big section down the center appears to be dead, and now that the leaves are out
on the rest it is intermittently interfering with my DirecTV signal.  There is nothing there that
I can safely reach with a pole pruner.

When I moved in there was a Lebanese family living next door.  Nice people, and very interesting.  They moved out about ten years ago and a realtor purchased the house.  He turned it into rental property and has invested almost no money in it since.

This realtor's mom lives up the street from me.  She frequently comes to my yard and asks to pick grape leaves which she uses to make some sort of Middle Eastern dish.  I always oblige her, and always ask politely if her son would please do something about that tree.  He never has.

So now I can't watch DirecTV, a zillion leaves keep clogging my gutters, and I have to worry about
this giant dead branch in the middle coming down during a storm.  I called a tree surgeon who quoted me $1000 to prune it back to the fence line.  I can't really crib about that price because the thing is HUGE.  But it really frosts me that it's not even my tree and I have to pay because an absentee landlord (who lives in a MUCH nicer neighborhood) is totally irresponsible.

The landlord's niece is a good friend of my daughter's so I don't want to start filing complaints on the guy and complicate that relationship for her.  It's all quite aggravating!