High School reunion in 2 years

Started by giantsfan2016, July 10, 2018, 06:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

June 16th, 2020 is going to be a milestone anniversary of high school graduation for me.

A few weeks ago on Facebook a classmate of mine posted some photos from his middle school yearbook and a classmate of ours responded "Hey bro, great pictures. Do you have our high school yearbook?" And the guy responded that he didn't. I jump into the conversation stating that I had a copy. They both responded that it was cool and asked if I could post a couple photos. Using my phone I took some pics of photos from the yearbook. That led to comments from other classmates including some mentioning that we have a milestone anniversary of our high school graduation was coming up in 2020 and that we should have a reunion. We didn't have a reunion for our last milestone anniversary of our graduation, but in 2013 we a group of about 20 of us had an informal get together at a sports bar.

We haven't even begun discussing logistics of a reunion. Then last night I got a message from a classmate on Facebook Messenger.

Classmate: I was thinking about our class reunion in 2 years and we should get this DJ from La Mega 101.7 FM to DJ the reunion.
Me: Why's that?
Classmate: Because he's a personal friend of mine and as a friend of his he'll charge us less.
Me: Oh okay.

*End of Messenger Conversation*

So I'm thinking to myself. If we hire this DJ from La Mega 101.7 FM to DJ the reunion it's going to be a colossal Class A F*** UP! While the guy is a decent DJ he's very unreliable. Late for his shifts at the radio station. Late for events, etc.

I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that if we hire this guy from La Mega 101.7 as the DJ for our reunion, he's not going to show up. Then our music for the event is going to consist of me playing my friend's collection of Polka records. No one wants that. I doubt even our Polish classmates want that.

TheFugitive

I came back to Pittsburgh for my ten year high-school reunion (I lived in Michigan at the time).
I brought my wife.  She bore a strong resemblance to the girl I had the hots for and had pursued
all through high-school.

At the reunion this girl was sitting down at the other end of the hall giving me death looks.
She was shaking her head and glaring at me as if to say "this is just the sickest thing I have ever seen!"

It was just coincidence that they were both brown-eyed brunettes who looked a lot alike.