Ford/Lincoln/Mercury

Started by Jag67, June 19, 2005, 08:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

HoJofan206

Why does Mercury even continue to excist??  EVERY single Mercury made is just a Ford vehicle under a different name.
Mercury has NO vehicles that actually belong to that brand.
I have noticed that they have gone back to the "old day" names on several of the 2005 models.

Mercury Montego
Mercury Murroter (or something like that)
Mercury Montpellior

Looks like another bad attempt to keep the brand alive.

HoJofan206

EVERY single 2005 Mercury in production is a re-badged Ford product.  If they are gonna just re-badge stuff why not bring back the Mercury Capri, which was a decent looking sibling to the Ford Mustang!!  Not THAT is an idea.  I am not sure why they havent tried to bring back the Cougar name here of late.  I didnt think that last version of the car looked so bad, it was different.

C. Fontaine

Cougars remind me a lot of Hyundai Tiburons.

Zayre88

Cougars are really like the Tiburons !!  As for the Marauder, imagine that same car in a boring beige and the Marauder is almost gone.  It's a Crown Victoria with big wheels and engine.

That move reminds me of the Impala SS based on the Caprice..

HoJofan206

It would be nice to see ANY new Mercury that isnt just a Ford done over.

tokensafari

That's all Ford can come up with, and it's not just Ford. It's GM and Chrylser, but Chrysler is the only one that can really get away with it. And they wonder why sales are slumping. It seems that they think "well if we put another logo on it and call it by another name, it will sell!" Not the case. It has the reverse effect.

HoJofan206

I dont think they even offer the Maurader in the 2005 model year.

d_fife

HoJofan206

2008 Murcury Sable...replacing the slow selling Montego name for the company.

Zayre88

I hate Ford trucks commercials.  They always claim that F-150 pick-up truck is a super powerful monster truck able to tow anything and carry 8 tons of rocks and so on...

In a recent commercial, the powerful F series truck is so strong it can pull a chain attached to an old shed and make it collapse!!    Even a Ford Focus would have done the job with that shed ... ;)

C. Fontaine

lol nice one!  I know, you look at these gas guzzling SUV's and such that companies are cranking out, and they build them like your going out in the forest to pull down trees or something!