Connecticut considering legalizing weed for recreatioanl use

Started by ynkeesfn82, February 11, 2016, 08:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

One Connecticut lawmaker is propose making weed legal for recreational use in the state of Connecticut. It's been legal for medical purposes for a few years.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/31199709/proposed-bill-would-legalize-use-sale-and-production-of-marijuana

Not to say I would use it if they legalized it, but ultimately I'm in favor of it. It will help with the state's budget crisis.

JimSawhill

Marc B, not to get political, however, I'd rather smoke a LEGAL WEED (Tobacco) than an ILLEGAL weed (marijuana). Now, if you legalize weed, where can you smoke it? In your car? Hell no...

Marc, I smoked marijuana as a teen and I think I have problems from it.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: JimSawhill on February 11, 2016, 10:37:27 PM
Marc B, not to get political, however, I'd rather smoke a LEGAL WEED (Tobacco) than an ILLEGAL weed (marijuana). Now, if you legalize weed, where can you smoke it? In your car? Hell no...

Marc, I smoked marijuana as a teen and I think I have problems from it.

As for where you can smoke it? I don't know. Ask Colorado and Washington. I know someone in their early 20s who uses it and it helps with the headaches he gets from the concussions he suffered as a high school football player.

JimSawhill

Marc B, I believe as an ex smoker (tobacco), I think it is funny that people are gun ho with marijuana, but tobacco is a no no...Florida is having it on the ballot...it lost in 2014, when voters favored medical marijuana, but only 53% voted on it...if it was 60% it would be law...

ynkeesfn82

I really don't know. I guess more and more people are reconizing the health benefits of it. I haven't smoked it in 8 years. I was never hardcore into it. Taking a few hits off my friend's bowl a few times a week doesn't not make me a stoner. I didn't notice any negative side affects from it. I never got the munchies either. In the 4 months I've known the person I mentioned above I never saw him suffering from any negative side effects either. -  Now I never heard of this. He's an former tobacco smoker. He quit because he was allergic to nicotine. He told me he used to break out in hives.

TheFugitive

I went to high school in the '70's.  It was quite literally like a Cheech and Chong movie.

Despite this I was one of perhaps 5 male students in the entire school who never inhaled.
To this day I still don't smoke cigarettes or cigars.  So I'd look pretty foolish giving it a try!