PBS/PBS Kids/MHz WorldView/V-Me/PBS World/Create

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), May 03, 2013, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Discuss everything about PBS and its digital subchannels here.

Pikapower

Used to watch a lot of the kids shows that were on PBS only because I didn't get cable until I was 9. So I used watch Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow, Barney and Friends, Shining Time Station and Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego.
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Joeg

I just watch PBS for Downton Abbey and the British comedies.

My favorite shows on this channel are Antiques Roadshow, Market Warriors, Rick Steve's Europe, This Old House, and Ask This Old House.

ynkeesfn82

I'm almost 31 and I watch Arthur, Clifford, and sometimes Curious George. Why? They remind me of my childhood. Growing up I read those books.

I miss the Create network sub-channel. The local PBS station CPTV replaced Create-TV on Channel 24.3 (also 49.3, 53.3, and 65.3) with CPTV sports a joint venture between CPTV and CBS affiliate WFSB. They show a lot of high school sports and The CT Whale AHL Hockey games. Until last year CPTV Sports was CTSN a cable network with pretty much the same format they have today as CPTV Sports.

When I lived on my own I was living in Bristol and had COMCAST and when CPTV dropped Create last year COMCAST picked up Create via WGBY out of Springfield, Mass. I now live with my Mom and we have COX and they did not pick up Create from WGBY like Comcast did.

On Create I'd watch America's Test Kitchen and its companion show Cook's Country Test Kitchen.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Joeg on May 04, 2013, 09:14:14 AM
I just watch PBS for Downton Abbey and the British comedies.

British Comedies ...My favorite is a tie between 'Keeping Up Apprearences' and 'Are You being Served?' with 'As Time Goes By' a close second...

I never liked Barney (I'm pretty sure lots of people here have the same opinion, especially those who are annoyed by him, like me). I'd rather play with bottle rockets than torture myself with that purple dinosaur (although I wouldn't actually condone the playing with of pyrotechnics, I'm just speaking metaphorically.).

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 09, 2013, 07:32:10 PM
I never liked Barney (I'm pretty sure lots of people here have the same opinion, especially those who are annoyed by him, like me). I'd rather play with bottle rockets than torture myself with that purple dinosaur (although I wouldn't actually condone the playing with of pyrotechnics, I'm just speaking metaphorically.).

I was 10 when Barney first came on the air. My mom used to babysit the little girl up the street in before and after school and I was a captive audience to that show. Horrible Horrible show. Then when I was older and was working at the radio station my boss asked me to keep and eye on his kids while his wife was running errands and he was on a sales call on the phone and I put Barney on the TV for his kids and he reacted like I had pulled a gun on his kids! He made me put on for his son "The Animated Adventures of Jackie Chan."

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on May 05, 2013, 06:40:27 AM
I'm almost 31 and I watch Arthur, Clifford, and sometimes Curious George. Why? They remind me of my childhood. Growing up I read those books.

I miss the Create network sub-channel. The local PBS station CPTV replaced Create-TV on Channel 24.3 (also 49.3, 53.3, and 65.3) with CPTV sports a joint venture between CPTV and CBS affiliate WFSB. They show a lot of high school sports and The CT Whale AHL Hockey games. Until last year CPTV Sports was CTSN a cable network with pretty much the same format they have today as CPTV Sports.

When I lived on my own I was living in Bristol and had COMCAST and when CPTV dropped Create last year COMCAST picked up Create via WGBY out of Springfield, Mass. I now live with my Mom and we have COX and they did not pick up Create from WGBY like Comcast did.

On Create I'd watch America's Test Kitchen and its companion show Cook's Country Test Kitchen.

CPTV Sports shows high school sports??  Boy, I'd love to watch an Ellington-RHAM football game -- I think after watching a test pattern. Here in Tampa, we have BHSN (BrightHouse SportsNetwork), and the games are Plant high -against Armwood (both in the USAToday Top 10 High School rankings) or Plant high against a high school in Texas.

CT high schools don't play out of state teams (except for the border towns - and once Greenwich did play Ft Meyers), thou I would love to see more out of state games for CT football.

Pikapower

Quote from: Marc B on May 05, 2013, 06:40:27 AM

I used to watch Arthur, but never read any of the books. I don't really care much for Curious George!
I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia