Nathans Hot Dogs

Started by TRU7536, March 10, 2013, 07:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

I am so dissapointed, just found out that the only Nathan's arounf Hartford in East Hartford closed. I love their corn dogs!

AmesNewington

Isn't there a Nathans inside the Kmart in Vernon?

ynkeesfn82

There was one inside the Caldor on The Berlin Turnpike. And there was one at The Meriden Square Mall.

AmesNewington

Quote from: Marc B on March 10, 2013, 08:50:35 PM
There was one inside the Caldor on The Berlin Turnpike. And there was one at The Meriden Square Mall.

I LOVED the Nathan's snack bar/Cafe Court in that Caldor. Their french fries were the BEST. That Caldor was a great store. From the carousel at the entrance, to the big gum ball machine, to the snack bar, it was a place I'll never forget. Very unique. I loved all the old dept stores on the pike. They all had distinctive smells. That's why I like Kmart.

TRU7536

I went on their website and the only location they have around here is at the movie theater in Manchester. The one in East Hartford was a stand alone restaurant.

I think West Farms a couple of years ago had a location.

I didn't  even remember the Newington Caldor having one. I remember towards the end when I worked at toys r us, it was some random place that was always empty/closed.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRU7536 on March 10, 2013, 07:42:03 PM
I am so dissapointed, just found out that the only Nathan's arounf Hartford in East Hartford closed. I love their corn dogs!

Where was the Nathan's in East Hartford??  I guess Augie and Rays killed them!!

Bdubs

Quote from: JimSawhill on March 13, 2013, 02:34:17 PM

Where was the Nathan's in East Hartford??  I guess Augie and Rays killed them!!Ames

It was in the parking lot of Shop Rite (formerly Shaws) and old Ames store. Near the Putnam Bridge Plaza.
I drove by a couple weeks ago, I was surprised it closed as well. I remember one year they had a Nathan's hot dog eating contest in the parking lot.