What if Walmart went out of business and/or other retail scenarios

Started by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB, May 14, 2005, 05:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

This outcome has been thought about over and over again well I've dedicated this topic to the scenario of , WHAT IF Walmart was actually going out of business?

surly it would effect us all in some way positive or negative

how would you feel? how would they advertise it? how long would the sale be etc etc.

If you do not want to talk about Walmart going out of business thats fine you can post other retail scenarios such as Kmart buying Target or even go overboard like Caldor going back into business lol   :insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres an my concept  for what the flyer cover might look like

(NOTE THIS IS NOT A REAL FLYER I'M NOT ADVERTISING FOR SOMETHING I'M JUST ILLUSTRATING WHAT THINGS WOULD LOOK LIKE IF WALMART WENT GOB)

also note at the bottom that it says: "NOT AN ACTUAL AD"

just so people don't get confused;)

I made this in powerpoint

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB

(NOTE THIS IS NOT A REAL FLYER I'M NOT ADVERTISING FOR SOMETHING I'M JUST ILLUSTRATING WHAT THINGS WOULD LOOK LIKE IF WALMART WENT GOB)

Heres another concept for a smaller regular sized flyer (NOTE AGAIN THESE ARE NOT ACTUAL ADS I AM NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING HERE I'M JUST COMING UP WITH CONCEPTS FOR FLYERS THAT I AM NOT WORKING FOR A DESIGN AGENCY WHEN I'M MAKING THESE FLYERS I DON'T PLAN ON DISTRIBUTING THESE EITHER TO CONFUSE PEOPLE I DO NOT WANT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE IN THINKING WALMARTS GOING GOB I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO WALMART AGAIN I AM JUST ILLUSTRATING MY OWN CONCEPTS FOR WALMART GOB FLYERS IN A(FOR NOW IMAGINARY)  CASE OF A WALMART GOB SCENARIO AND EVEN IF WALMART DOES GO GOB I DO NOT PLAN ON SUMBMITTING THESE DESIGNS TO THEM THESE ARE NOT MENT TO BE DISTRIBUTED AND SOLD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REAL FLYERS IN FACT THERE IS NO PAGES TO THEM SO THEY HAVE NO USE AT ALL! )  

again note at bottom "THIS IS NOT A REAL/ACTUAL AD":yup:;)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres another concept for a smaller regular sized flyer (NOTE AGAIN THESE ARE NOT ACTUAL ADS I AM NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING HERE I'M JUST COMING UP WITH CONCEPTS FOR FLYERS THAT I AM NOT WORKING FOR A DESIGN AGENCY WHEN I'M MAKING THESE FLYERS I DON'T PLAN ON DISTRIBUTING THESE EITHER TO CONFUSE PEOPLE I DO NOT WANT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE IN THINKING WALMARTS GOING GOB I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO WALMART AGAIN I AM JUST ILLUSTRATING MY OWN CONCEPTS FOR WALMART GOB FLYERS IN A(FOR NOW IMAGINARY)  CASE OF A WALMART GOB SCENARIO AND EVEN IF WALMART DOES GO GOB I DO NOT PLAN ON SUMBMITTING THESE DESIGNS TO THEM THESE ARE NOT MENT TO BE DISTRIBUTED AND SOLD BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REAL FLYERS IN FACT THERE IS NO PAGES TO THEM SO THEY HAVE NO USE AT ALL! )  

again note at bottom "THIS IS NOT A REAL/ACTUAL AD":yup:;)

WHY AM I POSTING THESE BIG BOLD NOTES?

JUST TO REMIND PEOPLE THESE ARE NOT REAL ADS AND THAT WALMART IS DEFINATELY NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! (for now);)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres another crazy retail scenario what if Walmart became the ultimate copycat and began to make their stores look like Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,and Kmart just to hide the fact they're really Walmart?:o

Would I shop there? :no:

NO BECAUSE I WOULD KNOW WALMARTS HIDING UNDER THAT FAKE FACADE:bouncing:

I'VE PATTERNED SOME LOGOS OF THIS AWHILE AGO

(NOTE THE FOLLOWING LOGOS ARE NOT REAL LOGOS IN ANYWAY I'VE JUST USED MY IMAGINATION AND CREATED THEM BY MYSELF IN POWERPOINT IN NO WAY THAT I KNOW OF IS WALMART PATTERNING THEIR STORES TO LOOK LIKE LOCAL RETAIL CHAINS)

store215

Because Wal-Mart is right now the largest employer in the United States, that would mean millions of people out of work....and that is not good, unless Target or someone else were to take their place.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
Because Wal-Mart is right now the largest employer in the United States, that would mean millions of people out of work....and that is not good, unless Target or someone else were to take their place.

willl still have Target Kmart Sears JC Penny Macys ect that take there place if that happeneds and remember nothing lasts forever:bouncing:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

Here's another senario:  Ames not acquiring Hills (155 stores) and wait until 2000 to acquire the bankrupt Bradlees (105 stores) instead...  :roll:

powersbt

Heres another crazy retail scenario what if Walmart became the ultimate copycat and began to make their stores look like Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,and Kmart just to hide the fact they're really Walmart?:o

(NOTE THE FOLLOWING LOGOS ARE NOT REAL LOGOS IN ANYWAY I'VE JUST USED MY IMAGINATION AND CREATED THEM BY MYSELF IN POWERPOINT IN NO WAY THAT I KNOW OF IS WALMART PATTERNING THEIR STORES TO LOOK LIKE LOCAL RETAIL CHAINS)

That Caldor style Wal Mart Logo looks pretty sharp actually!!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

willl still have Target Kmart Sears JC Penny Macys ect that take there place if that happeneds and remember nothing lasts forever:bouncing:

Good point Caldor1999

and yes Walmart could go GOB if they keep doing badly

AND NO IT WOULDN'T MEAN A MAJOR REECESSION BECAUSE THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER CHAINS OUT THERE AND HOPEFULLY THEY WOULD BE STILL AROUND WHEN WALMART GOES GOB:rolleyes:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt

That Caldor style Wal Mart Logo looks pretty sharp actually!!

HE HE LOL :insane:

I designed that all by myself

HEY THAT LOGO COULD HAVE HAPPENED ACTUALLY IF WALMART TOOK A LONG TIME TO GET HERE THAT CALDOR WAS A HUGE CHAIN AND WOULD BUY WALMART AND CHANGE THEIR LOGO BUT NOT THEIR NAME!:cool:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here's another senario:  Ames not acquiring Hills (155 stores) and wait until 2000 to acquire the bankrupt Bradlees (105 stores) instead...  :roll:

u mean 2001 ames would have done that in 2001 thats when Bradlees closed:bounce:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

u mean 2001 ames would have done that in 2001 thats when Bradlees closed:bounce:

Yeah but they could have made an offer right after dec. 26 2000. Even if Bradlees had less stores, it would have been a better deal.  Ames closed many stores that were Hills so from the 155, Ames kept 151 and then closed 32 stores.

Maybe that move would have slowed Kohl's expansion in the northeast :yup:

Caldor1999

Yeah but they could have made an offer right after dec. 26 2000. Even if Bradlees had less stores, it would have been a better deal.  Ames closed many stores that were Hills so from the 155, Ames kept 151 and then closed 32 stores.

Maybe that move would have slowed Kohl's expansion in the northeast :yup:

good pont but it would have been completed in 2001 but bradlees was a small chain ames should have took that one over cause hills was to big for  them along with Caldor
it was like when Ames acquire Zayre the while completion did get fished till early 1990
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

what if Ames and Bradlees merged into a new name "Brad-Ames" lol:insane:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

What if the classiest store Service Merchamdise teamed up with the most unusual store Best and they both merged with a store that needs help with its image Kmart?:yup::yup::yup::yup::cool::bounce:

LOGO COMING VERY SOON!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

What if the classiest store Service Merchamdise teamed up with the most unusual store Best and they both merged with a store that needs help with its image Kmart?:yup::yup::yup::yup::cool::bounce:

LOGO COMING VERY SOON!

AND HERE IT IS K BEST SERVICE !

Anonymous

LOGO COMING VERY SOON!

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID ORIGINAL LOGOS, MORON!!!!!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous

LOGO COMING VERY SOON!

DUDE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY DON'T SAY IT AT ALL! :mad:

I'M BEING CREATIVE HERE AND ALL YOU'RE DOING IS INSULTING PEOPLE WHY DON'T YOU GET A LIFE AND STOP POSTING HERE!

YOU DON'T ARE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER ANYWAY!:yup:

thedisneystore967

you guys aren't going to  believe this, but before i got my kick on malls and stuff like that, the only three chains i knew of were Wal-mart, Target , And Toys r Us....

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

QuoteOriginally posted by thedisneystore967
you guys aren't going to  believe this, but before i got my kick on malls and stuff like that, the only three chains i knew of were Wal-mart, Target , And Toys r Us....

man oh man thats pathetic!

and sad too that you never knew about Ames,Bradlees,Caldor,Best or Service Merchandise or any other stores like that:(

thedisneystore967

i never even knew ames or any other store like that even existed until i found out that ames was GOB in late 2002

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

okay back on topic what if Ames beat Walmart and Walmart went GOB

THEN AMES BOUGHT WALMART AND CHANGED ITS NAME TO WAL*AMES AND BROUGHT IT OUT OF GOB THEN REOPENED ALL THE CLOSED STORE CHAINS?:yup:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Heres some Walmart pics I've altered to show what I think Walmart would look like IF IN THE SCENARIO of Walmart going out of Business

(THE FOLLOWING PICS OF WALMART ARE NOT BY ME BUT FROM THE INTERNET THESE ARE NOT MY OWN PICS I'VE ALTERED, INSTEAD THEY ARE PICS OF WALMART FROM THE INTERNET THAT I'VE ALTERED, THEREFORE I DO NOT RETAIN OWNERSHIP OF THE ORIGINAL PICS OF  WALMART OR HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE PEOPLE SEEN IN THE PHOTOGARAPHS ANY PEOPLE IN THESE PHOTOS ARE COMPLETE STRANGERS TO ME. ALSO THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE NOT OF ACTUAL WALMART GOB SALES SINCE, SO FAR THAT I'VE HEARD, WALMART IS NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, AND SO THE ONLY PARTS OF THE FOLLOWING PICS THAT ARE REAL, ARE THE PICS OF WALMART STORES THEMSELVES AND NOT THE PARTS WITH THE SMILEY FACES OR THE SIGNS PORCLAIMING "STORE CLOSING/SUPERCENTER CLOSING" or "FINAL ROLLBACK/GOB/GOB SALE/GOING OUT OF BUSINESS/LIQUIDATION ETC," SO THE ONLY REAL PARTS OF THE PHOTOS ARE THE WALMART STORES THEMSELVES, NONE OF THE ADD ONS ARE REAL)

Caldor1999

LOGO COMING VERY SOON!

GET A LIFE I DONT SEE U POSTING ANYTHIN IMPORTAN OR ANYTHING COO LIKE THAT :flaming:
Caldor Forever!

tokensafari

lol sounds like anonymous is venting. Maybe a good thing?

Anonymous

I'M BEING CREATIVE HERE AND ALL YOU'RE DOING IS INSULTING PEOPLE WHY DON'T YOU GET A LIFE AND STOP POSTING HERE!

YOU DON'T ARE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER ANYWAY!:yup: [/quote]

Dude, honestly?  KBestService?  That's not even funny.  Your logos aren't even that great & funny at all, especially the Wal-Mart going out of business ones.

Anonymous

GET A LIFE I DONT SEE U POSTING ANYTHIN IMPORTAN OR ANYTHING COO LIKE THAT :flaming: [/quote]

You want me to post something important?  OK, here it goes.  I think it's a great idea to post about the memories of defunct stores, but they're not coming back.  There are 2 reasons why they aren't coming back.  One, the people.  I blame the people for deciding not to go to Ames or Bradlees or Caldor or Jamesway or any other locally defunct stores & instead go to Wal-Mart & K-Mart & Target & the others.  Maybe if more people went to those stores, they wouldn't have been defunct.  Two, have you ever seen a Bradlees in California or an Ames in Alaska?  No!  Unlike Wal-Mart & K-Mart, which decided to open stores in almost every state, the defunct stores decided to only open stores in New England & the Mid-Atlantic.  If they had thought about opening in other states, they could have survived.

Caldor1999

YOU DON'T ARE ABOUT THE SUBJECT MATTER ANYWAY!:yup:

Dude, honestly?  KBestService?  That's not even funny.  Your logos aren't even that great & funny at all, especially the Wal-Mart going out of business ones. [/quote]

come on give him a brake k
Caldor Forever!

gshowman18

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
What would Anonymous prefer BestKService?

or Best Service K?

or maybe Service K Best or Service Best K?

enough of that subject

okay now onto another retail scenario

What if Federated bought May but kept Filene's name temporarly or permanently?

calling it "Filene's by Federated"

hmm?

You just don't give up, do you?