Star's/Nu Star's inc.

Started by CTAmeshopper, July 27, 2010, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTAmeshopper

This is a Connecticut chain that began in the 1960's and lasted until the late 90's. They had stores in Torrington (that lasted till 1997) West Hartford, Southington, and Wallingford.

The stores outside were tan colored and had colorful rooftop signage that had multicolor five pointed stars within stars in different sizes that flashed in a sequence, along with "NU STARS Inc." in multicolored letters that also flashed in a sequence all on top all on top of a slanted plane. Inside was high high high ceilings with MASSIVE circular ceiling vents.The merchandise was stacked as high as it could go. I think the shelves were red.

Anybody else here remember them?  

JimSawhill

Quote from: CTAmeshopper on July 27, 2010, 07:01:06 PM
This is a Connecticut chain that began in the 1960's and lasted until the late 90's. They had stores in Torrington (that lasted till 1997) West Hartford, Southington, and Wallingford.

The stores outside were tan colored and had colorful rooftop signage that had multicolor five pointed stars within stars in different sizes that flashed in a sequence, along with "NU STARS Inc." in multicolored letters that also flashed in a sequence all on top all on top of a slanted plane. Inside was high high high ceilings with MASSIVE circular ceiling vents.The merchandise was stacked as high as it could go. I think the shelves were red.

I do!!!

JimSawhill

Quote from: CTAmeshopper on July 27, 2010, 07:01:06 PM

I Do remember the Stoes in Wallingford, West Hartford and in Torrington...where was the Star's in Southington?

New England used to have small department store chains....