Sears/KMart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

tokensafari

I think it's good for both brands, in a world of uncertainty. They would be unlikely to continue on in a Wal-Mart society. So a merger was inevitable!

Caldor99

it will help Kmart out in a way the only problem about it is that we won't be seeing that manny Kmarts any more

tokensafari

The question is, at what cost are they willing to stay competitive?

store215

There has been a lot of chatter on Kmart message boards that many stores (the current ones being remodeled Orange) are becoming Sears Grand and the rest might stay Kmart, but be like an outlet/big lots type thing. Again just rumors.

tokensafari

Wouldn't that make both brands appear cheap? That's definitely not down Sears' alley! Sears is the upscale store, while KMart is the one going down the hole. Sears has a reputation to uphold to not only its customers but to the retail industy itself.

C. Fontaine

Wow, so Sears will be the mother of all department stores, and K-Mart will the the little ghetto "Sear's Basement" selling off all of the out of season crap.  Guess they can do away with Sears Outlets now...  Hehehe

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Wow, so Sears will be the mother of all department stores, and K-Mart will the the little ghetto "Sear's Basement" selling off all of the out of season crap.  Guess they can do away with Sears Outlets now...  Hehehe

k-mart the"ghetto" oh no wal-lart is "the ghetto" the toys area is messy

amesman

What about Sears Hardware? Will old Kmarts become them too?

tokensafari

Idk.. i don't think KMart will be phased out completely! Because you're not going to put a Sears in a poor part of town, and expect it to do well.

C. Fontaine

amesman

Zayre88

Interesting articles... like the part about Vornado Realty Trust... Two Guys, Alexander's...  is Kmart next ?

http://www.alaskajournal.com/stories/112804/vie_20041128007.shtml

http://retailtrafficmag.com/mag/retail_smart_real_estate/

amesman

I have to say that, I stronglt believe that Sears might keep the Kmart name, even after al the rumors and news reports. Why waste a perfectly good name? I mean, Sears0-Kmart Company sounds good, don't you think? ;)

tokensafari

Sears wont sacrifice the KMart name. Why? Because Sears has an image to uphold, and they're not going to ruin their brand image and intertwine the the two brands.  KMart will stay just not as much as they used to be.

amesman

tokensafari

It's not a merger as in a Hills-Ames Merger. But a merger in which both store will operate under one hq!

C. Fontaine

Yeah, that would be like Sears buying the K-Mart name and assets.  It's more of a mutual merger!:mrpink:

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Yeah, that would be like Sears buying the K-Mart name and assets.  It's more of a mutual merger!:mrpink:

Yes. Hopefully Sears will be able to restart and put the auto centers back into use (in the former? Kmart stores), as well as the portrait studios (many Olan Mills has pulled out of).

C. Fontaine

Sears tire center rocks.  I don't get my tires anywhere else.

shakethis1234

I read in the paper that if Kmart is in a nice spot they will become Sears. if the stores are in bad spots the stores would be like Big Lots

store215

I have also heard more rumors on Kmart message boards that there will be another retail  Mr. Lampert (who holds the most stock? in sears/kmart) will be throwing into the mix with Sears and Kmart. Many have a guess that it may be Toys R Us.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234
I read in the paper that if Kmart is in a nice spot they will become Sears. if the stores are in bad spots the stores would be like Big Lots

WHa?:huh::question: that can't be true!:o

why change a Kmart already in operation?:huh::no::o

It doesn't make sense!:duh:

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
QuoteOriginally posted by shakethis1234

WHa?:huh::question: that can't be true!:o

why change a Kmart already in operation?:huh::no::o

It doesn't make sense!:duh:
Must have been a very biased newspaper editor:insane:Kmart = Ghetto

tokensafari

lol... biased or smart? l

C. Fontaine

Zayre88

Have you heard about the new concept launched by Sears, or Kmart-Sears Discount off-mall stores & Roebuck Holding Co. ??

Sears Essentials.  A part of the 50 Kmart acquired by Sears before the merger will bear that name.  It will be a smaller version of Sears Grand.  Some analysts are saying the company should focus on Sears instead of launching concepts and new brands....  other said they're going to have a very tough time going up against Wal-Mart and Target, who are much more established at selling everyday essentials off the mall...

What do you think....?  I'm starting to think that the whole thing will crash in the coming years...  They acquired the Kmart in Nashua NH but already have a Sears mall store in the same city...

Where should you go, the former Kmart/Big Kmart/Sears Essential that sells Kenmore appliances and milk or the Sears mall store ??   :question:

shakethis1234

I heard the stores would be called Sears Aschantals

shakethis1234

Thats what i was trying to say Sears Essentials that was on the news this morning but they did'nt say when it will begin. I think it will be a big Disater in the comming years

shakethis1234

Is every Kmart going to be called Sears Essentials