Main Menu

New car

Started by C. Fontaine, January 22, 2010, 10:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

So I finally broke away from the Focus's... Here's my new 2010 Hyundai Elantra SE!

The pic is from November, fresh from the dealer, but I've already started adding some small modifications!

jmcnamara96

Nice i heard Hydai is good but there just not godd strong american cars nice color what happened to the other focus?

gu4ever

Very nice car, put some snow tires on that and you will be able to go ANYWHERE anytime!
I have a 2007 silver Elantra, which can often be seen in cameos of Grand Union photo's, It's my third one that I've owned and my favorite... Probably from spending SO much time driving in it this past year.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
Nice i heard Hydai is good but there just not godd strong american cars nice color what happened to the other focus?

It got totaled a while back. He mentioned it, but I don't recall when or what the circumstances were.

nims57

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
Why Hyundai?
I wanted to support Ford again very bad, especially since they are the only automaker to not take a bailout, and furthermore turned their company around without the strongarm of the government.  I'm actually still pretty upset.

Unfortunately Hyundai has much better financing options, and many programs especially for people with less than perfect credit.  Probably why it all of a sudden seems like every 1 of 3 cars on the road is a Hyundai.  I literally cut my interest rate in half by getting a Hyundai.  Since my wife and I are paying down are debt, this was a big factor.  The other was the standard warranty (10yr 100000mi powertrain, 5yr 60000mi bumper to bumper, 6yr roadside, etc...).  I was also very impressed with the dealership, Gary Rome Hyundai of Holyoke, MA.  Can definitely see why they are #1 Hyundai dealer in the country for customer satisfaction.  Never felt good about signing a car loan until now.  I know I sound like a commercial, but they have really taken care of us, even after buying the car.

Below is the fate of my old Focus...  Slippery roads and bald tires do not mix.

nims57

What about the Japanese makes? Or VW?

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
Very nice car, put some snow tires on that and you will be able to go ANYWHERE anytime!
I have a 2007 silver Elantra, which can often be seen in cameos of Grand Union photo's, It's my third one that I've owned and my favorite... Probably from spending SO much time driving in it this past year.
I agree I love it.  Definitely a good replacement for a Focus.  I told myself I wouldn't touch this one but I've already found myself doing some small additions to make it stick out, I hate having a run of the mill car!  Especially when they are as common as Elantra's and Foci!

Below is the HID kit I installed around Christmas.  I also properly aimed the lamps afterwards so not to blind people, unlike most riceburners.  I also installed a factory spoiler... hahaha

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57
What about the Japanese makes? Or VW?
We really shopped around as far as locally, and we felt really comfortable with the dealership.  We definitely didn't rush into it, I had a rental for almost a month.

VW dealers seemed to have the same high financing as Ford.  Honda and Mazda(Ford) both were pretty we-only-sell-at-sticker-price.

At our dealer I was able to get some leverage from another dealer up I-91, and talk them down about $2500, plus an additional $1300 for a 94 Ford Taurus trade!  So take that off $17600 retail for a new top-model Elantra and that's a pretty good deal.

By the way, Country Hyundai of Greenfield.  From my shopping experience, don't ever buy a car from them.  You can read my review on google, enough said.

jmcnamara96

Chris has bad luck with the mean old Focus hahaha:D

david121

I have an 2009 Elantra Touring... AWESOME car. It's black and pretty damn good.

david121

To give you an idea of how much I love my car... I bought it in NY, drove to buffalo, then back to DC.

I have 12,999 miles on it and I bought it in June.