Buffalo Wild Wings

Started by The Adamantium Elbow, September 08, 2009, 06:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adamantium Elbow

Buffalo Wild Wings is one of my favorite restaurants. They obviously sell wings but also have a bar with a fairly decent selection of beers. I also like going there to watch WWE wrestling pay per views on The giant screen TVs they have around the place. The ones I'm most familiar with are in Greensburg,PA and Monroeville,PA.

Marc82

I never heard of it before, but I was listening to WAQY 102.1 out of Springfield, Mass and they had a commercial. 2 locations in greater Springfield. One in Springfield, Mass and one in Windsor, CT.

C. Fontaine

Great place!  I go to the one in Hadley, MA all the time.

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Great place!  I go to the one in Hadley, MA all the time.

That's what I meant when I typed Springfield. It had been several days between hearing the commercials and me making the post then I heard the commercial today. And I was like whoops. *embarassed*

gu4ever

I drove through Kingston, NY and stopped at the traffic light right in front of Buffalo Wild Wings. I love spicy food and was thinking about trying it out, but I had never heard anything about them until now on the forum.
Next time I'm in the area that will be my afternoon lunch spot. Any recommendations from their menu?
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

The Adamantium Elbow

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
I drove through Kingston, NY and stopped at the traffic light right in front of Buffalo Wild Wings. I love spicy food and was thinking about trying it out, but I had never heard anything about them until now on the forum.
Next time I'm in the area that will be my afternoon lunch spot. Any recommendations from their menu?

The boneless wings are pretty good. I also recommend the Buffalo Chips. They're basically like french fries only little circles. They also sell three packs of their sauces to take home with you.

Valerie

I recommend the hot BBQ, Asian zing or mango habanero sauces

ynkeesfn82

They just opened in the former Hometown Buffet in the Brass Mill Commons in Waterbury, Connecticut. One in Manchester, CT opened a few months a couple months before.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on June 25, 2012, 06:45:51 PM
They just opened in the former Hometown Buffet in the Brass Mill Commons in Waterbury, Connecticut. One in Manchester, CT opened a few months a couple months before.

The Manchester wild Wings the old Hometown Buffet?? Good place to watch games...

ynkeesfn82

The one in Waterbury is the former Hometown Buffet. The one in Manchester used to be a Mobil Gas Station.

MikeRa

Buffalo Wild Wings has 1 location in Philadelphia, PA.  That location is located at Whitman Plaza, on Roosevelt Boulevard, above Grant Avenue.  This location opened last year
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

jason83080

There are two immediately around me - one in Avon Lake, OH, by the Avon Lake Towne Center plaza, and one in Elyria, OH, in the River Street Square plaza (a third-division of the former Sun TV building). Their food's pretty good. I haven't been there in a while, though.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Marc B on June 26, 2012, 12:54:39 PM
The one in Waterbury is the former Hometown Buffet. The one in Manchester used to be a Mobil Gas Station.

Oh.. where is the Buffalo Wild Wings in Manchester?? There is one near me (in my back yard! my backyard borders an alligator breeding area <aka a retention pond> and a shopping center (Sweetbay, Leslie's Pool Supply, Little Caesar's Pizza and BWW). We go to watch UConn football games there!!

ynkeesfn82

The one in Manchester is on Buckland Street. (Where else? Commerce is pretty much dead everywhere else in Manchester except Buckland Street).

ynkeesfn82

We're getting Buffalo Wild Wings in Southington!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*  It will be taking 1/2 of the former Bernie's in Shoprite Plaza. The landlord just put in 15 new parking spaces and local franchisee Grampy LLC is going before the Planning and Zoning Commission seeking approval to apply for a liquor license.

Bdubs

BWW's food is terrible. I finally went to one and I found myself wondering why the hell people like this place!  I could go to a small pub and get better food and better beer. Total disappointment.

TRU7536

i am suprised they havent tried to open one on the Berlin Turnpike. The former Apple Bee's is still vacant, as it seems to be the most neglected piece on the Pike. I dont know why, maybe because its in front of Walmart, or the asking price is to high? I agree with the post above, Chain restuarants just suck, local-hometown bars and restuarants are just better in my mind. I wouldnt ever walk into a Buffalo Wild wings to watch a game, to corporate for me!

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Bdubs on December 07, 2012, 06:44:03 PM
BWW's food is terrible. I finally went to one and I found myself wondering why the hell people like this place!  I could go to a small pub and get better food and better beer. Total disappointment.

Then you better change your handle. Buffalo Wild Wings goes by the nickname Bdubs.

ynkeesfn82

They finally started construction on Buffalo Wild Wings in Southigton, CT. They're still opening in Shoprite Plaza, but rather than taking over part of the old Bernie's they're taking the old most of the old KB Toys at the other end of the plaza. They just put up a new power pole and electrical transmission station.

ynkeesfn82

Cornerstone Property Group announced on Monday that Buffalo Wild Wings will open at the end of June/beginning of July. Their website is down at the moment, so I cant post a link.

ynkeesfn82

Buffalo Wild Wings in Southington, CT is opening on July 1, 2013!!!!!

Hudsons81

A new Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in downtown Detroit, MI, that opened several months ago.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Marc B on June 07, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

Sign is up on the building. Same yellow letters as the one show in Hudsons81 picture of the one in Detroit. They'll probably be putting up the buffalo logo soon.

d_fife

Quote from: Marc B on June 10, 2013, 09:31:19 PM
Quote from: Marc B on June 07, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

Sign is up on the building. Same yellow letters as the one show in Hudsons81 picture of the one in Detroit. They'll probably be putting up the buffalo logo soon.

it opens soon? I Saw the ones in Rochester NH And Portsmouth NH for the first time

why is this chain expanding?

NH: Manchester, salem and Nashua hve yet to have one, Bangor has yet to have one. Will they get one?

Bdubs

BWW's are franchises.  Usually ones that are close to each other are owned by the same franchisee.  For example, the one in Waterford, CT is a separate owner from Manchester and Windsor restaurants.
I suppose future restaurants are in the hands of the people who want to franchise a BWW.

ynkeesfn82

I went to the new one in Southington, CT this morning. It was great!

ynkeesfn82

Coming Soon to 1267 Silas Deane Highway in Wethersfield, CT. It's in the shopping center called Goff Brook Shops. It's replacing World Buffet which used to be Hometown Buffet.

http://articles.courant.com/2013-11-24/community/hc-wethersfield-buffalo-wild-wings-20131122_1_buffalo-wild-wings-chip-gillespie

Ames Newington

This Wethersfield spot holds memories for me. My family would always go to Hometown Buffet (also called Old Country Buffet before that) with long-time friends of ours. One of them has passed away, and we would go there on a Saturday every so often. It was a special thing for me. I always liked the look of the building and the inside. But, it's nice to see Buffalo Wild Wings moving in and using the space. They have a few good stores in there. Office Depot is good. 

ynkeesfn82

Buffalo Wild Wings in Southington, Connecticut. Opened on 7/1/13 in Shoprite Plaza in part of the old KB Toys. Fro-Yo World next door is another part of the old KB.

Picture taken by me today 2/11/14.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21191136@N03/12469771603/