Circuit City

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

now im wondering if there gonna still keep the logos on the buildings cause ive nodiced that places like caldor bradlees wards ames and such keeped there logos on even after they went out but none of these stores were as large at Circuit City

anyways heres a cool looking CC i found on flickr
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

TRU7536

It seems like with Circuit City gone CT has become a prime location for Small companies like NY base PC Richards & Son and NJ base  6th Avenue Electronics to move in. Both companies are interested into expaning into CT. I think alot of Circuit Cities will  be leased out within months.

XISMZERO

NEWINGTON, CT. Closed late February. Shots taken on March 18, 2009.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

I'm kind of curious what the CC in Seekonk, MA looks like now.  The store, especially the exterior, was a dump even when they were open.  I can only imagine what it looks like now.  It was in an older plaza with a Big Lots and Staples, kind of tucked away behind a few smaller buildings.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
I'm kind of curious what the CC in Seekonk, MA looks like now.  The store, especially the exterior, was a dump even when they were open.  I can only imagine what it looks like now.  It was in an older plaza with a Big Lots and Staples, kind of tucked away behind a few smaller buildings.

Mine was a dump too, like most of them...

TRU7536

Zayre88

Former Circuit City in Augusta, Maine.

CTAmeshopper

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO

That sign is a bit redundant, it says Circuit City twice!:insane: I think a text only or logo only sign would have sufficed.

I think we got our first computer from there, way back in early 2001.

Marc82

The former CC in Meriden is on the way to The Meriden Square Mall. Today I observed lots of kids there skateboarding, roller blading, and bike riding.

tokensafari

It's sad to see another behemoth collapse.

Crawford

It didn't change all that much, still has the plug design facade. The building is on the site of the former Seekonk Twin Drive in and now has a large banner advertising space for rent. This Circuit City was tiny, dingy and rather hidden off Route 6. I did get some nice deals there now and again. The Big Lots and Staples you speak of are housed in the former Bradlees which was a PACE warehouse during it's first few years of existence. If I could have any electronics store back though I'd wish for Lechmere.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

jmcnamara96

I was just at Old Navy and you no i always get pics of loading docks
and found a Circut City cart! so i took the tag off the cart that says CC
ill put pics on later

patk

i was nere a Circut City and there
was a old tarsh can. and i wanted to take it home!
:insane::insane:
i had a pic of it BUT i deleted it!:flaming::flaming:

Kmart4life

Our local Dollar General still has Circuit City gift cards for sale.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

wwefan101

loltell the dollar store that   the cc cards  arnt worth any thing

tokensafari

circuitcity.com is back.. systemax, inc bought it... they also own CompUSA and TigerDirect

bargansbythebagful

here's circuit city's 'the city' concept in Auburn, NY (25 min from syracuse)
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8693/dwightasjimxk7do6.gif">

bargansbythebagful

more from Auburn, NY

bargansbythebagful

one more from Auburn, NY

shakethis1234

that store was not even open for a year

bargansbythebagful

The Auburn store opened right after Christmas 2007.  there was one in rochester that opened just before black friday 2008.  There were some 'The City' stores that were under construction but left to never be finished after the GOB announcement was made

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by nims57

Mine was a dump too, like most of them...

Most Circuit Citys in my area were nice stores.

wwefan101

ther replaceing the millbury ma louction with a best buy wich is set to opeing early 2010 i cant waite  will try to get pics of the comeing soon sings

TRJ22487

I still can't believe the chain doesn't exist anymore...
I had dozens of friends working there just a few years ago
I happened to be at the one in Keene, NH about 6 months after closing when they were taking the logo off the building.
I don't expect anything to go into there for a long long time...
I best memory was meeting Trot Nixon the former Red Sox back in '05 for an autograph signing

wwefan101

im happy the millbury one is being changed in to besty buy

C. Fontaine

Their new site is so annoying.  I'm apparently on their email list and get about 5 emails a day, can't seem to get off of it!

ameskmart1

Defunct Stores of My Past: Ernst/Buttrey Food & Drug/Bi-Lo IGA/Excell Foods/Hennessy's/Mervyns/Troutman's Emporium/B. Dalton/Circuit City/Best/The Bon Marche/Montgomery Ward/Malmo Nursery/United Furniture Warehouse/Future Shop/HomeBase/KB Toys/Pic 'n' Save/Tidyman's/Heilig-Meyers/Mac's Hobby & Craft

EddieJ1984

So the 2 circuit city's near me in ne philly are becoming something
Cottman & Bustleton - P.C. Richard & Son.
The Whitman Square Plaza (roosevelt boulavard & grant) - hhgregg

Marc82

The one in Hamden, CT is going to be a Savers. Opening like within the next couple days. Heard the ad today on KC-101.3