Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

nice pics i just wish there was more caldors i could go to besides the middletown location heh
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

amesman

well, there's the one I just showed you pics of. Get 100 dollars for gas money, and go up there..hehe.

XISMZERO

Wow! Nice pictures, Amesman. They sure repossessed that Caldor didn't they?
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

yeah they did..hehe. I was shocked to find it in as good as condition as I found it. There are two still vacant Caldors out in Rochester. I have to hit those next. God knows when that'll be. Thanks for the compliments XISMZERO! You're pics aren't bad ethier.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
yeah they did..hehe. I was shocked to find it in as good as condition as I found it. There are two still vacant Caldors out in Rochester. I have to hit those next. God knows when that'll be. Thanks for the compliments XISMZERO! You're pics aren't bad ethier.

yet again verye nice pics btw  once i get a car i'll take a 6 houre tip to rodchester to see thought caldors i believe this is what one of them looks like i found this on yahoo image serch awile ago so idk were i found it from it was from one opf thoughs propty sights
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

Swung by the vacant Caldor in Newington again today at noon and noticed more fencing around the building's front and a little on to the nearby hill (which will prove well for pictures when destruction begins). Today, unlike other days, I was spotted by a nearby property owner who didn't like me being on the otherside of the fence...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

In just five days, they extended fencing all the way to scrub brush by the hill. Still, one can access the work site which I did (but is probably considered illegal at this point). Notice my car waiting for me on the legal side...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Unlike last week, sand bags now anchor the newly-erected fencing.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

powersbt

Did you leave the Get-away car running just in case of a quick escape?? Kudos for walking on the Illegal side.

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
In just five days, they extended fencing all the way to scrub brush by the hill. Still, one can access the work site which I did (but is probably considered illegal at this point). Notice my car waiting for me on the legal side...

Caldor1999

sad to see that CT last caldor is gonna be gone :( anyone know of any outehr caldor locations that are vacant not ones  were ames and such a caldor kida like this one of the one in middletown
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by powersbt
Did you leave the Get-away car running just in case of a quick escape?? Kudos for walking on the Illegal side.

Actually, yes my car was running :D

Funny you mention it, I was about to turn the engine off to go take more pictures right before that man showed up...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

hears a old caldor add from the 90's
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears me outside of the Newinntion Caldor in CT back in Feb lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a caldor in bookland NY from what i know this store has since been turned into outehr stores but i beieve this half might still be there
Caldor Forever!

TRU7536

Hey you guys, the Caldor sign is now gone from the Newington Caldor, stop by yesturday, forgot to take a pic. The covered up the sign with a "coming sone, the best in fresh, Stew Leonards" so something like that. Theirs also a horse wagon in fron of the store to, lol. All the windows and doors now now covered up.

XISMZERO

I was in Newington on Thursday and caught a glimpse myself low and behold I didn't have my camera on me (a first). I was going to swing by today but it was pouring outside. I'll get around there tomorrow morning or afternoon since tomorrow will be a break from the endless rain we've been having this week.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Got up to the rainy Berlin today happily to find it was only drizzling in Newington enough for me to score a set of shots of Caldor's identity-stripping progress.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Some points of interest. Note the trailer and the red barn-door tarp over the west-side doors.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The beloved "Caldor" logo is still up but now covered by this temporary tarp. Caldor1999 should be proud to own that "R" piece now :)
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

A farm truck in front of the front window panes. For looks or for construction?
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Even the building side logo visible from the Turnpike has been draped over. Luckilly, it would seem the wind has once again revealed this building's true form!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Pieces of Caldor are finally coming down. It's still unclear as to whether Stew's will total this building or just rebrand it. More updates coming as they develop!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

I found myself with some free time and the inspiration to recreate the beloved "rainbow" logo for Caldor. About two hours logged total, I've made something to decorate my room with in commemoration of the finest retail logo ever!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Join me on the new Official Stew's to Caldor Newington Topic for more updates on this soon-to-be-defunct vacant Caldor.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

hears  a pic of a caldor still vacant to this day out in East Patchogue NY which is in Long Island

pics from http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/123abondoned456/Caldors/
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

inside from teh look sof the outside it coudl have beena former woolco
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hmm that looks liek a bike i would have gotten at wal mart but any way these pics bring back memorys of my caldor which kida looked liek this only with out all teh trsh in there it was set up kida teh same as this one but witha little bit o a diffrence
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

store chart idk what it means though
Caldor Forever!