Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

a betetr inside shot all teh carpits and such have been striped away
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

anyone have any mor e caldor pics to show it seems like were running out
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

Here's a later 1990s Caldor bag I found today at my grandmother's house in her deep dark closet! Super kudos to my grandmother for having so much old retail stuff.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a really old Caldor price tag I found at my grandmother's house. I'm almost afraid to take a stab at when this could've been from.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's a ripped price tag with a "Sale" sticker on it.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's another later 1990's tag. There were a few of these at my grandma's. Appearently, she shopped at Caldor a plenty in it's heyday.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's another indoor shot of the empty Caldor on the Berlin Turnpike in Newington, CT.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Caldor rolls of price tags and Thank you stickers for sale on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-Rolls-of-Caldor-Thank-You-Stickers_W0QQitemZ7610750739QQcategoryZ109419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Rolls-of-Caldor-Price-Stickers_W0QQitemZ7610751724QQcategoryZ109419QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i would love to by them to bad they dont have a store for sale on there not to long ago someoen was selling a ames store on there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

anyone know of any caldors taht i can go see cause the middletown one is getting boring i wanna see a caldor thats vacant i know theres more out there then just the middletown one
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a cool caldor logo i fopund whiile serching for pictures
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

Here's the vacant Caldor in Newington currently underway to becoming Stew Leonard's. I came by today and discovered the front perimeter of the building walled in fencing.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Only the front side is fenced off...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

One can easily walk around the fence to approach the front of the building once again. I was relieved to find this out even if the construction was on the horizon.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

I will continue the updates as we slowly see our local vacant Caldor fall to cold steel.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

amesman

well, these pictures might make you feel better. These pictures are of the old Penn Can Mall location in Syracuse, New York(Cicero, to be exact). The old store is in relatively good condition. Only the middle part of the store, the front exterior entrance, and the interior mall entrance remain. Enjoy!

Front exterior entrance.

amesman

amesman

interior mall entrance. Since the mall is being used as an auto mall now for the Roger Burdick dealerships, the whole place is basically wide open. You don't get to just walk right into a vacant Caldor anytime...hehe.

amesman

since most of the store near the inner entrance was turned into auto dealership garages, this "hallway" wouldn't have originally been here.

amesman

Again, because of the auto dealers being built in portions of the old store, the space seemed smaller than it would have normally been. The words used to describe this place would be "dark, creepy, and full of cars". It's currently used as a used car warehouse(a title held by the old Hills/Ames up until last year. The old Ames remains vacant).

amesman

The outer entrance vestibule. Still screams Caldor.

amesman

the original "Welcome" signs are still there. The Camillus Wal Mart(which is housed in an old Caldor) still uses the original "Welcome" signs as well.

amesman

a close up of one of the "Welcome" signs.

amesman

amesman

Here's a shot of the Penn Can Mall Caldor back before Penn Can was turned into Drivers Village. Taken by my friend Pete Blackbird of www.deadmalls.com.