Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

No offense, Caldor1999, but we've seen that pic before. We want new pics or information! :)
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
No offense, Caldor1999, but we've seen that pic before. We want new pics or information! :)

I like that caldor picture. IT was last posted in a year ago. IT IS A THE OLD CALDOR LOGO I GUESS. I WISH I HAD SEEN THAT CALDOR. WAS THAT CALDOR DINGY INSIDE???? The one in methuen mass was dingy and had orange walls. what was the one in springfield on cooley st. I saw the one in enfield in 1994 from the highway when I was going to pennsylvania (hershey) with my grandmother (that died 9 years ago) and mother and cousin and the caldor in enfield had hte newer lgo (That caldor is kohl's).

d_fife

here is the caldor sign in middletown ny. amasing how it is still vacant as the chain closed 7 yeras ago.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the caldor sign in middletown ny. amasing how it is still vacant as the chain closed 7 yeras ago.

vacant caldor in middletown

d_fife

notice the caldor labelscar.

d_fife

more caldor

d_fife

more caldor

more sign

d_fife

here is the caldor in newburgh ny (The building that was caldor) it was in the newburgh mall that was built in 1980. NOTICE THE LABELSCAR OF THE RAINBOW LOGO WITH THE CALDOR LETTERS AROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the store is bon ton.

d_fife

here is the caldor in newburgh ny (The building that was caldor) it was in the newburgh mall that was built in 1980. NOTICE THE LABELSCAR OF THE RAINBOW LOGO WITH THE CALDOR LETTERS AROUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the store is bon ton.

more former caldor now bon ton in newburgh

d_fife

here is the former caldor in vails gates (new windsor) ny that is now a kmart. the store is 87,000 sf. there is a parking garage near.

d_fife

here is the former caldor in vails gates (new windsor) ny that is now a kmart. the store is 87,000 sf. there is a parking garage near.

more vails gates location.

d_fife

more vails gates location.

vails gates location sign

Caldor1999

when was this one bulit there was a caldor in peekskill ny that had that look but when i went hear teh bulding seemed older but any way nice pics
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

I like that caldor picture. IT was last posted in a year ago. IT IS A THE OLD CALDOR LOGO I GUESS. I WISH I HAD SEEN THAT CALDOR. WAS THAT CALDOR DINGY INSIDE???? The one in methuen mass was dingy and had orange walls. what was the one in springfield on cooley st. I saw the one in enfield in 1994 from the highway when I was going to pennsylvania (hershey) with my grandmother (that died 9 years ago) and mother and cousin and the caldor in enfield had hte newer lgo (That caldor is kohl's).

that caldor in that pic is now a home depot unfortalney most of teh caldors in MA never really gopt any rentvations they foched on chageing there ny and ct stores verey few were left untouched im still tryingto fond a pic of my caldor if anyone knows a way to get a pic of it the store wa slocated in bedford hills ny its now a kohls
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

that caldor in that pic is now a home depot unfortalney most of teh caldors in MA never really gopt any rentvations they foched on chageing there ny and ct stores verey few were left untouched im still tryingto fond a pic of my caldor if anyone knows a way to get a pic of it the store wa slocated in bedford hills ny its now a kohls

really? About the ma ones getting renovatiosn. I went to the ones in burlington, northampton and they looked renovated and modern caldors and the one in Methuen had orange lettering (no rainbow) and the store was dark and dirty) I WENT TO THE ONE IN FRAMINGHAM AND IT HAD THE MODERN LOGO! I saw a picture in a newspaper of the one in chelmsford and it had the modern logo. I saw the labelscar in the back of the Ames in Stoneham and the lablescar shows the rainbow logo. I saw the old Ames in weymouth and that store looks junky, the one in weymouth must never have been renovated. you ahve said the ones in salem, auburn, chicopee and springfield had the old logos. I saw the labelscar of the one in malden and it showed that it had the orange lettering. someone from pembroke mass told me the Caldor was like a rundown bradlees. I heard the one in worcester was renovated in the 1990s. I saw a newspaper picture of the caldor in brighton in 1999 and it had the orange lettering or something like that. WHAT WAS THE ONE IN SAUGUS LIKE? WHY DID THEY NOT RENOVATE THE MASS ONES, BECAUSE THEY cared more about their stores closer to their original one. why did they have a short life in syracuse and rochester ny.

Sorry, I have never seen the bedford hills or peeksill ones. I wish I could help you somehow. I will try.

XISMZERO

You say there's a vacant Caldor in Northampton, MA? I'm up that way tomorrow...
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

You say there's a vacant Caldor in Northampton, MA? I'm up that way tomorrow...

THE caldor in northampton ma is NOT vacant. IT is now a wal-mart. The wal-mart opened 5 years ago. I said the one in northampton looked modern and was one of the ones in mass remodeled.

Caldor1999

omg is there any vacant caldors out ther ebeside steh middletown ny one and teh newingtion ct one
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

really? About the ma ones getting renovatiosn. I went to the ones in burlington, northampton and they looked renovated and modern caldors and the one in Methuen had orange lettering (no rainbow) and the store was dark and dirty) I WENT TO THE ONE IN FRAMINGHAM AND IT HAD THE MODERN LOGO! I saw a picture in a newspaper of the one in chelmsford and it had the modern logo. I saw the labelscar in the back of the Ames in Stoneham and the lablescar shows the rainbow logo. I saw the old Ames in weymouth and that store looks junky, the one in weymouth must never have been renovated. you ahve said the ones in salem, auburn, chicopee and springfield had the old logos. I saw the labelscar of the one in malden and it showed that it had the orange lettering. someone from pembroke mass told me the Caldor was like a rundown bradlees. I heard the one in worcester was renovated in the 1990s. I saw a newspaper picture of the caldor in brighton in 1999 and it had the orange lettering or something like that. WHAT WAS THE ONE IN SAUGUS LIKE? WHY DID THEY NOT RENOVATE THE MASS ONES, BECAUSE THEY cared more about their stores closer to their original one. why did they have a short life in syracuse and rochester ny.

Sorry, I have never seen the bedford hills or peeksill ones. I wish I could help you somehow. I will try.

hey thanks for trying to serch of teh caldor i saw u had many pics of old locations liek teh white planes one but i can bacley tell u anything about caldor i beieve there are still  a few in jersye that are vacant and some in pa ri and de
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

hey thanks for trying to serch of teh caldor i saw u had many pics of old locations liek teh white planes one but i can bacley tell u anything about caldor i beieve there are still  a few in jersye that are vacant and some in pa ri and de

none in Rhode island are vacant

Caldor1999

none in Rhode island are vacant

well i dotn think they had many there  but they had some in teh dc ariea and in de a few of them clsoed in 1998
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Good ol' CALDOR Aviation Mall...I worked the 4-8am shift in the endtimes. A wonderful store!

d_fife

here is the former caldor in Wappingers Falls ny. it is now the kohl's. it is like 91,000 sf.

d_fife

here is the former caldor in poughkeepsie that was 83,000 sf and is now stop and shop. WHAT WAS THIS CALDOR LIKE?

d_fife

here is what was the 82,000 sf caldor in kingston ny.

d_fife

here is what was the 82,000 sf caldor in kingston ny.

caldor sign in kingston

d_fife

here is the former caldor in clifton park that is now boscov's. the caldor was 100,000 sf and opened 1984.

d_fife

here is a close up of what was caldor in schenectady (the 85,000 sf store and the store probably opened between 1975-1985). IT was in this plaza across a home depot on a mini hwy. notice any label scar?

d_fife

here is a close up of what was caldor in schenectady (the 85,000 sf store and the store probably opened between 1975-1985). IT was in this plaza across a home depot on a mini hwy. notice any label scar?

more of the former schenectady store. I head it became an Ames for two yeasr before it went along with the rest of the chain. the store was also kind of in a wierd location. getting there form altomont ave was through residential streets.