Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

Thats awesome... I have a genuine piece of Bradlee's sign almost as cool as that...

TRU7536

Theirs always a cop behide Caldor newington. Toys R Us doesnt order it, Theirs alot of homeless people lving their, also alot of drug trafficing and hookers and stuff.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by TRU7536
Theirs always a cop behide Caldor newington. Toys R Us doesnt order it, Theirs alot of homeless people lving their, also alot of drug trafficing and hookers and stuff.

i dident see one when i went there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Thats awesome... I have a genuine piece of Bradlee's sign almost as cool as that...

yep i was thinking teh same thing the only thing i eve rgot from bradflees was a cart strap
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

XISMZERO

Wow! You broke it off?! You're a brave soul... you must've gone late at night. Either way, it's risky business!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Wow! You broke it off?! You're a brave soul... you must've gone late at night. Either way, it's risky business!

lol na i dident break it off it had already been off whenn i was there i found it lyeing in the bushes so i took it i actley did that with abradlees logo today
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

Caldor1999

hears anoutehr pic of the caldor takeing in oct from teh same sight
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

I pass by Newington frequently and I find it hard to pass by Caldor without taking some new pictures. If I'm to understand, this is the last year we'll see one of the remaining Caldor buildings in the state.

Here's the other Newington Fair sign you'll see if you go down that road to the left side of the Caldor building and at the end of the street.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

I attempted for some indoor shots. One day, I will ask Toys "R" Us if I can go inside (before the Stew Leonard's demolition).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the left end entrance. I also saw a ventilation cover on the floor which is not in this picture. There's still tons of old Caldor signage there including the "Welcome" lettering visible to the eye within the darkness.

Today, I saw some fixtures from Toys "R" Us inside there. I really want to go inside that building!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Anonymous

Will there be any more pictures of the former Caldor building in Newington, CT like the inside of it and also ariel view.

Caldor1999

I attempted for some indoor shots. One day, I will ask Toys "R" Us if I can go inside (before the Stew Leonard's demolition).

u got better indore shots then i did teh best time to go in weh the sun is starting to sed because the light refcts off teh windows and gos inside makeing it easy to see what they have in there i wish i  could go in there my self the only outher claodr i knoew of thast still vacant is the onme in middletown ny
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Here's the left end entrance. I also saw a ventilation cover on the floor which is not in this picture. There's still tons of old Caldor signage there including the "Welcome" lettering visible to the eye within the darkness.

Today, I saw some fixtures from Toys "R" Us inside there. I really want to go inside that building!

i saw some carts in teh back of there i wnated to take them but the car my firned was useing wasnet big for it i wanna go back there again but it s far from me and trying to get back was a pain unless your driveing with someone who knows were to go lol
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THE DERBY C.T.CALDOR:info:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THE DERBY C.T.CALDOR:info:

i coudl care less about that one im grong crazy trying to find my caldor witch was in bedford hills NY lol sry about that im sur ethat caldoe eather became a kohls or a wal mart if u look on ome of teh earlyer post u might be able to find it
Caldor Forever!

XISMZERO

Here are updates on any remaining Caldor stores in Connecticut.

Caldor Store, Bristol, CT. Now a Price Chopper
Caldor Store, New Britain, CT. Now a Wal-Mart
Caldor Store, Southington, CT. Now a Wal-Mart (this is the Wal-Mart I worked at and also was my first job. This former Caldor site is still called "Caldor Village" but it doesn't say that anywhere in the plaza anymore. This store looked like the one in West Hartford and had a music store on the far left end of the store. It was never renovated from the "rainbow" look before demolition).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

Here are updates on any remaining Caldor stores in Connecticut.

Caldor Store, Bristol, CT. Now a Price Chopper
Caldor Store, New Britain, CT. Now a Wal-Mart
Caldor Store, Southington, CT. Now a Wal-Mart (this is the Wal-Mart I worked at and also was my first job. This former Caldor site is still called "Caldor Village" but it doesn't say that anywhere in the plaza anymore. This store looked like the one in West Hartford and had a music store on the far left end of the store. It was never renovated from the "rainbow" look before demolition).

hears the intire list of stores that were in CT some i dont have any info on from what i believe teh ol headquaters is still there but idk i last saw it in july 2002

CT Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Avon, CT---------------Now A Wal Mart
Caldor Store, Branford, CT
Caldor Store, Bristol, CT--------------Now A Price Chopper
Caldor Store, Brookfield, CT---------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store,Danbury, CT------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Derby, CT
Caldor Store, Enfield, CT
Caldor Store, Fairfield, CT-----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Hamden, CT
  Caldor Store, Hartford, CT -------Became Ames and is now Vacant
Caldor Store, Manchester, CT-----------Became Ames and is now a  Outlet Marketplace.
Caldor Store, Middletown, CT
Caldor Store, Milford, CT------------------Now A ????????
Caldor Store, New Britain, CT
Caldor Store, Newington, CT----------------Still vacant
Caldor Store, Norwalk, CT------------------- now a kohls
Caldor Store, Norwich, CT
Caldor Store, Old Saybrook, CT
Caldor Store, Ridgefield, CT
Caldor Store, Riverside, CT
Caldor Store, Southington, CT-------------now a wal mart  
Caldor Store, Stamford, CT------------------Now A Burlington Coate Factory
Caldor Store, Torrington, CT
Caldor Store, Trumbull, CT
Caldor Store, Vernon, CT--------------------Became Ames Now A Price Chopper
Caldor Store, Wallingford, CT
Caldor Store, Waterbury, CT-------------------- Now A Bernie's
Caldor Store, Waterford, CT--------------------Became Ames now vacant
Caldor Store, West Hartford, CT----------------Became Ames now is vacant
Caldor Store, West Norwalk, CT
Caldor Store, Willimantic, CT-------Became Ames and is now a Kohls
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Caldor1999, did you ever go to school? If you did, then I am clueless to why you are completely illiterate. You can't even spell the store names correctly.

Caldor1999

dose anyone know if caldor used this logo on there stores and btw about that post thats above me i really dont care about how bad i type and i wanna say thanks to evryeone else who has not made a rude comment about it :)
Caldor Forever!

KyleRF

it's a forum who cares what he does it's not against the rules so who cares

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Caldor1999, did you ever go to school? If you did, then I am clueless to why you are completely illiterate. You can't even spell the store names correctly.
There is nothing wrong witht he way Caldor 1999 posts, the rest of us seem to understand just fine.  He's also one of our biggest supporters and contributors.  As we've told other anonymous users in the past, you should at least register before you start bashing people for anything.

XISMZERO

Agreed. If you've got a problem with someone at least identify yourself. Now let's get back to talking about Caldor!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

amesman

Exactly. I thought anonymous posts were turned off, and everytime I check to make sure, it says its off, but yet we still get anonymous posters. Wierd..

XISMZERO

I did some rummaging through my house of some things we still have around the house once purchased at Caldor sometime in the mid 90's. I managed to find a few boxes and things with Caldor stickers on them! This came off of a fake Christmas tree I still use around Christmas time! I love my Caldor tree! http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/images/smilies_old/bouncing.gif
:bounce:
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's one I passed by many times in my basement. It came off of a sealed package of filing envelopes my mom once bought but never opened. Here's a shot of their clearance tags!
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

Former Kingston store - now a Burlington Coat and Dollar Tree (which is off to the right of this shot).

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
Former Kingston store - now a Burlington Coat and Dollar Tree (which is off to the right of this shot).

i really hate that store
Caldor Forever!