Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dayville81

CALDOR SHOPPING CART SIGHTING!
I saw an old Caldor shopping cart at the Dollar Tree in Norwichtown Mall. Caldor used to be located next to the store. Dollar Tree uses the shopping cart for stocking purposes. They have a couple more in their stock room, I saw them when they had the door propped open. They dont use those carts for customers since they are so wide. They have special mini shopping carts at the Dollar Tree for their customers.

dayville81

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
and hear the only entice to that caldor i had no luck getting in that hall way but they uslay have it open although i know someone on this sight was luckey enoufe to get in lol:P
Is the whole mall shut down or just Caldor? If the whole mall is shut down you should tell them at deadmalls.com.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by dayville81
and hear the only entice to that caldor i had no luck getting in that hall way but they uslay have it open although i know someone on this sight was luckey enoufe to get in lol:P
Is the whole mall shut down or just Caldor? If the whole mall is shut down you should tell them at deadmalls.com.

its not reall a mall thats just a hallway to get to the caldor and it has a few small stores in it its hard to explane
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

and yet again iwent back to the iddletown caldor and i had noluck of getting in that halway
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears teh out side u can see teh lable scar well in this picture i wish the logo was still up
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

the only stores open in tha ty plazza are friendleys auto zone and a pizza place evreything rlse is cloed of i think theres a dentices off there thats open weekley
Caldor Forever!

monkeyblam

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
Ahhhh Caldor. Anyone remember the commercial for New England Brickface that stated Caldor was a client of theirs?
Wow, man.  I thought I was the only person that remembered those.  Wasn't it New England Brickmaster, though?

"When Midas wanted to beauticize, they called us.
When Caldor, the store with everything, wanted one thing more, they called us..."

I also remember Caldor being mentioned at the end of certain product commercials.  Like Chia Pet,... at the end of the commercial, they'd say "available at Bradlees, Zayre and Caldor" or something like that and show the stores' logos on the screen.

monkeyblam

QuoteOriginally posted by dw17dw17
I use to work at Caldor! I worked there from about 1987-1990 and then for a bit in i think 1994.
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
I worked at one from 1990-1991. I worked in customer service.
I worked at the Caldor in Salem, MA from about 1990-1992.  Definitely a lot of happy memories.

I was a cashier for a while and then worked in the "Electronics" department (which is what we called it in my day - before there was such a thing as "Sight & Sound").

I wish I took more pictures when I worked there.  But I might be able to find some memorabilia to scan and post here - an old paystub, my old nametag, maybe an old raincheck slip.  

I also wish I made a tape of the Caldor song ("your everyday discount store...").  Although I got really sick of hearing it over and over and over again while I was working there, I'd love to hear it again.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by monkeyblam
I use to work at Caldor! I worked there from about 1987-1990 and then for a bit in i think 1994.
I worked at the Caldor in Salem, MA from about 1990-1992.  Definitely a lot of happy memories.

I was a cashier for a while and then worked in the "Electronics" department (which is what we called it in my day - before there was such a thing as "Sight & Sound").

I wish I took more pictures when I worked there.  But I might be able to find some memorabilia to scan and post here - an old paystub, my old nametag, maybe an old raincheck slip.  

I also wish I made a tape of the Caldor song ("your everyday discount store...").  Although I got really sick of hearing it over and over and over again while I was working there, I'd love to hear it again.

I liked my days a Caldor. I had a red shirt with my name on it and it was an easy job. I left though to get a job at K Mart which paid me more. I worked at Caldor from Jan. 1990-Sep. 1991.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by monkeyblam

I liked my days a Caldor. I had a red shirt with my name on it and it was an easy job. I left though to get a job at K Mart which paid me more. I worked at Caldor from Jan. 1990-Sep. 1991.

your luckey i neevr had the chance to get a job there i was only 11 when they went out
Caldor Forever!

store215

A new clothing prototype from 1998
(Note Target sells the Cherokee brand today, as well as some smaller discounters) Too bad it didn't last so long...

store215

store215

Outside and check out area (location unknown)

store215

store215

store215

Another location: (Former Zayre possibly?)

store215

The following three pics are from a prototype store in Timonium, MD that opened 10/97.

store215

store215

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

omg were did u get these pictures from and yes i rememrb the cheack out triangel thingy trhey had on teyr egreat pictures if u have more post them
Caldor Forever!

store215

omg were did u get these pictures from and yes i rememrb the cheack out triangel thingy trhey had on teyr egreat pictures if u have more post them

Everything I've posted on here today is from a newspaper archive database (You're local library probably has online access available to such a thing). I posted everything I found.

Caldor1999

Everything I've posted on here today is from a newspaper archive database (You're local library probably has online access available to such a thing). I posted everything I found.

coolz do u gte it from a web sight if u have more claodr pictures feel free to post them all these pics u post bring back memeorys i compley forgot how the cheakout lines use to be btw caldor 7 year anversey of there annoucing there GOB is comming up on jan 22
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a list of evrey caldor locations i got off the web

155 Caldor Locations

NY Caldor locations
Caldor Store, Albany, NY 6 stores -----------------------Now A Best Buy Crossgates Mall Anouthe One now a Home depot
Caldor Store, Bedford Hills, NY-----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Bridgehampton, NY
Caldor Store, Bronx, NY
Caldor Store, Brooklyn, NY
Caldor Store Croam NY ----------------------------Closed in 1996 still vacant?????
Caldor, store Cicero NY----------------------clsoed in 1996 and now is a car place

Caldor Store, Deer Park, NY
Caldor Store, East Patchogue, NY
Caldor Store, East Setauket, NY
Caldor Store, Flushing, NY
Caldor Store, Freeport, NY
Caldor Store, Garden City, NY
Caldor Store, Glen Oaks, NY
Caldor Store, Glens Falls, NY------------------------------Now A Bon Ton
Caldor Store, Guilderland, NY
Caldor Store, Kingston, NY------------------------Now  A Burlington Couate Factroy
Caldor Store, Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Caldor Store, Latham, NY-----------------------------------Now  Lowes
Caldor Store, Levittown, NY---------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Mahopac, NY----------------------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store, Massapequa Park, NY-------------------------Now a AJ Wright
Caldor Store, Melville, NY
Caldor Store, Middle Village, NY
Caldor Store, Middletown, NY------------------------------Still Vacant
Caldor Store, Nanuet, NY----------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Newburgh, NY-------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Oceanside, NY------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Peekskill, NY---------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Pelham Manor, NY---------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Port Chester, NY-----------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Poughkeepsie, NY----------------------------Now A Kohls?????
Caldor Store, Riverbend, NY
Caldor Store, Rocky Point, NY
Caldor Store, Schenactady, NY------------------------------Became ames still vacant
Caldor Store, Shirley, NY
Caldor Store, Staten Island, NY--------------------------Became Bradlees and is now closed as of 2001
Caldor Store, Suffern, NY---------------------------------Now A Wal Mart
Caldor Store, White Plains, NY----------------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store, Woodmere, NY
Caldor Store, Yonkers, NY---------------------------------Now  A Kohls
Caldor Store, Yorktown Heights, NY-----------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store,  Valley Stream, NY-------------------------Now A Kohls

CT Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Avon, CT---------------Now A Wal Mart
Caldor Store, Branford, CT
Caldor Store, Bristol, CT
Caldor Store, Brookfield, CT---------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store,Danbury, CT------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Derby, CT
Caldor Store, Enfield, CT
Caldor Store, Fairfield, CT-----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Hamden, CT
  Caldor Store, Hartford, CT -------Became Ames and is now Vacant
Caldor Store, Manchester, CT-----------Became Ames and is now a  Outlet Marketplace.
Caldor Store, Middletown, CT
Caldor Store, Milford, CT------------------Now A ????????
Caldor Store, New Britain, CT
Caldor Store, Newington, CT----------------Still vacant
Caldor Store, Norwalk, CT
Caldor Store, Norwich, CT
Caldor Store, Old Saybrook, CT
Caldor Store, Ridgefield, CT
Caldor Store, Riverside, CT
Caldor Store, Southington, CT
Caldor Store, Stamford, CT------------------Now A Burlington Coate Factory
Caldor Store, Torrington, CT
Caldor Store, Trumbull, CT
Caldor Store, Vernon, CT--------------------Became Ames Now A Price Chopper
Caldor Store, Wallingford, CT
Caldor Store, Waterbury, CT--------------------subdivided
Caldor Store, Waterford, CT--------------------Became Ames now vacant
Caldor Store, West Hartford, CT----------------Became Ames now is vacant
Caldor Store, West Norwalk, CT
Caldor Store, Willimantic, CT-------Became Ames and is now a Kohls
Caldor Store,  Warmister, CT  Became Ames then a Burlington Coat Factory Now is vacant

NJ Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Bricktown, NJ
Caldor Store, Cinnaminson, NJ-----------still vacant
Caldor Store, Edgewater, NJ
Caldor Store, Englishtown, NJ
Caldor Store, Hamilton, NJ
Caldor Store, Holmdel, NJ
Caldor Store, Linden, NJ
Caldor Store, Manahawkin, NJ------------still vacant soon to be a lowes
Caldor Store, Maple Shade, NJ
Caldor Store, Morris Plains, NJ
Caldor Store, Neptune, NJ----------Became Ames Now Vacant
Caldor Store, North Brunswick, NJ
Caldor Store, Paramus, NJ
Caldor Store, Plainsboro, NJ
Caldor Store, South Plainfield, NJ
Caldor Store, Secaucus, NJ
Caldor Store, Somerdale, NJ
Caldor Store, Succasunna, NJ----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Tom's River, NJ
Caldor Store, Turnersville, NJ
Caldor Store, Watchung, NJ--------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, West Orange, NJ
Caldor Store, West Paterson, NJ
Caldor Store, Willingboro, NJ------------Still vacant
Caldor Store, Woodbridge, NJ-----------Still Vacant
Caldor Store, Woodbury Heights, NJ

PA Caldor locations
Caldor Store, Bethlehem, PA
Caldor Store, Bristol, PA
Caldor Store, Fairless Hills, PA
Caldor Store, (four stores), Philadelphia, PA---one still vacant
Caldor Store, Upper Chichester, Warminster, PA
Caldor Store, Wyncote, PA

MA Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Auburn, MA-------Now A Filene's(soon to be a macys)
Caldor Store, Braintree, MA
Caldor Store, Brighton, MA
Caldor Store, Burlington, MA
Caldor Store, Chelmsford, MA
Caldor Store, Chicipee, MA-----------Now A Home Depot
Caldor Store, Framingham, MA
Caldor Store, Leominster, MA-----------Now A Pet Co
Caldor Store, Malden, MA
Caldor Store, Melhuen, MA---------------now a wal mart
Caldor Store, Northampton, MA
Caldor Store, Pembroke, MA
Caldor Store, Salem, MA
Caldor Store, Saugus, MA
Caldor Store, Springfield, MA
Caldor Store, Stoneham, MA-----------------became a ames and now is closed
Caldor Store, Swansea, MA
Caldor Store, Taunton, MA
Caldor Store, Westboro, MA
Caldor Store, Weymouth, MA
Caldor Store, Worcester, MA--------Became Ames and is now closed

MD Caldor locations
Caldor Store, (Golden Ring Mall) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Anneslie) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Parkway Crossing) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Reistertown Road Plaza) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, Catonsville, MD
Caldor Store, Clinton, MD
Caldor Store, Ellicott City, MD
Caldor Store, Forestville, MD
Caldor Store, Glen Burnie MD------Still vacant as of 2002
Caldor Store, Greenbelt, MD
Caldor Store, Largo, MD
Caldor Store, Severna Park, MD
Caldor Store, Timonium, MD
Caldor Store, Westminster, MD

DE Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Newark, DE -----------------------Now  A Bj's
Caldor Store (Price's Corner), Wilmington, DE
Caldor Store ((Miller Road Commons), Wilmington, DE

RI Caldor Locations
 Caldor store Lincoln, RI Lincoln Mall now a Stop & Shop

NH Caldor locations
Bedford NH Now  A Stop & Shop
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

hears a list of evrey caldor locations i got off the web

155 Caldor Locations

NY Caldor locations
Caldor Store, Albany, NY 6 stores -----------------------Now A Best Buy Crossgates Mall Anouthe One now a Home depot
Caldor Store, Bedford Hills, NY-----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Bridgehampton, NY
Caldor Store, Bronx, NY
Caldor Store, Brooklyn, NY
Caldor Store Croam NY ----------------------------Closed in 1996 still vacant?????
Caldor, store Cicero NY----------------------clsoed in 1996 and now is a car place

Caldor Store, Deer Park, NY
Caldor Store, East Patchogue, NY
Caldor Store, East Setauket, NY
Caldor Store, Flushing, NY
Caldor Store, Freeport, NY
Caldor Store, Garden City, NY
Caldor Store, Glen Oaks, NY
Caldor Store, Glens Falls, NY------------------------------Now A Bon Ton
Caldor Store, Guilderland, NY
Caldor Store, Kingston, NY------------------------Now  A Burlington Couate Factroy
Caldor Store, Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Caldor Store, Latham, NY-----------------------------------Now  Lowes
Caldor Store, Levittown, NY---------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Mahopac, NY----------------------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store, Massapequa Park, NY-------------------------Now a AJ Wright
Caldor Store, Melville, NY
Caldor Store, Middle Village, NY
Caldor Store, Middletown, NY------------------------------Still Vacant
Caldor Store, Nanuet, NY----------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Newburgh, NY-------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Oceanside, NY------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Peekskill, NY---------------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Pelham Manor, NY---------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Port Chester, NY-----------------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Poughkeepsie, NY----------------------------Now A Kohls?????
Caldor Store, Riverbend, NY
Caldor Store, Rocky Point, NY
Caldor Store, Schenactady, NY------------------------------Became ames still vacant
Caldor Store, Shirley, NY
Caldor Store, Staten Island, NY--------------------------Became Bradlees and is now closed as of 2001
Caldor Store, Suffern, NY---------------------------------Now A Wal Mart
Caldor Store, White Plains, NY----------------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store, Woodmere, NY
Caldor Store, Yonkers, NY---------------------------------Now  A Kohls
Caldor Store, Yorktown Heights, NY-----------------------Now A Kmart
Caldor Store,  Valley Stream, NY-------------------------Now A Kohls

CT Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Avon, CT---------------Now A Wal Mart
Caldor Store, Branford, CT
Caldor Store, Bristol, CT
Caldor Store, Brookfield, CT---------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store,Danbury, CT------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Derby, CT
Caldor Store, Enfield, CT
Caldor Store, Fairfield, CT-----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Hamden, CT
  Caldor Store, Hartford, CT -------Became Ames and is now Vacant
Caldor Store, Manchester, CT-----------Became Ames and is now a  Outlet Marketplace.
Caldor Store, Middletown, CT
Caldor Store, Milford, CT------------------Now A ????????
Caldor Store, New Britain, CT
Caldor Store, Newington, CT----------------Still vacant
Caldor Store, Norwalk, CT
Caldor Store, Norwich, CT
Caldor Store, Old Saybrook, CT
Caldor Store, Ridgefield, CT
Caldor Store, Riverside, CT
Caldor Store, Southington, CT
Caldor Store, Stamford, CT------------------Now A Burlington Coate Factory
Caldor Store, Torrington, CT
Caldor Store, Trumbull, CT
Caldor Store, Vernon, CT--------------------Became Ames Now A Price Chopper
Caldor Store, Wallingford, CT
Caldor Store, Waterbury, CT--------------------subdivided
Caldor Store, Waterford, CT--------------------Became Ames now vacant
Caldor Store, West Hartford, CT----------------Became Ames now is vacant
Caldor Store, West Norwalk, CT
Caldor Store, Willimantic, CT-------Became Ames and is now a Kohls
Caldor Store,  Warmister, CT  Became Ames then a Burlington Coat Factory Now is vacant

NJ Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Bricktown, NJ
Caldor Store, Cinnaminson, NJ-----------still vacant
Caldor Store, Edgewater, NJ
Caldor Store, Englishtown, NJ
Caldor Store, Hamilton, NJ
Caldor Store, Holmdel, NJ
Caldor Store, Linden, NJ
Caldor Store, Manahawkin, NJ------------still vacant soon to be a lowes
Caldor Store, Maple Shade, NJ
Caldor Store, Morris Plains, NJ
Caldor Store, Neptune, NJ----------Became Ames Now Vacant
Caldor Store, North Brunswick, NJ
Caldor Store, Paramus, NJ
Caldor Store, Plainsboro, NJ
Caldor Store, South Plainfield, NJ
Caldor Store, Secaucus, NJ
Caldor Store, Somerdale, NJ
Caldor Store, Succasunna, NJ----------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, Tom's River, NJ
Caldor Store, Turnersville, NJ
Caldor Store, Watchung, NJ--------------------Now A Kohls
Caldor Store, West Orange, NJ
Caldor Store, West Paterson, NJ
Caldor Store, Willingboro, NJ------------Still vacant
Caldor Store, Woodbridge, NJ-----------Still Vacant
Caldor Store, Woodbury Heights, NJ

PA Caldor locations
Caldor Store, Bethlehem, PA
Caldor Store, Bristol, PA
Caldor Store, Fairless Hills, PA
Caldor Store, (four stores), Philadelphia, PA---one still vacant
Caldor Store, Upper Chichester, Warminster, PA
Caldor Store, Wyncote, PA

MA Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Auburn, MA-------Now A Filene's(soon to be a macys)
Caldor Store, Braintree, MA
Caldor Store, Brighton, MA
Caldor Store, Burlington, MA
Caldor Store, Chelmsford, MA
Caldor Store, Chicipee, MA-----------Now A Home Depot
Caldor Store, Framingham, MA
Caldor Store, Leominster, MA-----------Now A Pet Co
Caldor Store, Malden, MA
Caldor Store, Melhuen, MA---------------now a wal mart
Caldor Store, Northampton, MA
Caldor Store, Pembroke, MA
Caldor Store, Salem, MA
Caldor Store, Saugus, MA
Caldor Store, Springfield, MA
Caldor Store, Stoneham, MA-----------------became a ames and now is closed
Caldor Store, Swansea, MA
Caldor Store, Taunton, MA
Caldor Store, Westboro, MA
Caldor Store, Weymouth, MA
Caldor Store, Worcester, MA--------Became Ames and is now closed

MD Caldor locations
Caldor Store, (Golden Ring Mall) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Anneslie) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Parkway Crossing) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, (Reistertown Road Plaza) Baltimore, MD
Caldor Store, Catonsville, MD
Caldor Store, Clinton, MD
Caldor Store, Ellicott City, MD
Caldor Store, Forestville, MD
Caldor Store, Glen Burnie MD------Still vacant as of 2002
Caldor Store, Greenbelt, MD
Caldor Store, Largo, MD
Caldor Store, Severna Park, MD
Caldor Store, Timonium, MD
Caldor Store, Westminster, MD

DE Caldor Locations
Caldor Store, Newark, DE -----------------------Now  A Bj's
Caldor Store (Price's Corner), Wilmington, DE
Caldor Store ((Miller Road Commons), Wilmington, DE

RI Caldor Locations
 Caldor store Lincoln, RI Lincoln Mall now a Stop & Shop

NH Caldor locations
Bedford NH Now  A Stop & Shop

RI ones
Woonsocket: closed 1997 now Burlington coat
WArwick: old navy

Mass
Braintree: Home depot epxo and that just closed
Brighton: now k-mart
Burlington: now home depot expo
Chelmsford, Northampton, Swansea, Framingham: now wal-mart
Malden: how a hearing store and a some other building, but it is not vacant anymore.
Northampton, MA
PEmbroke: Kohl's
Salem: became K-mart which closed and is now Target
Saugus: Now Target
Springfield: spags and that closed and it is now divided into burlington cat and closeout store.
Taunton: now shaw's
Westboro: demolished and rebuilt into stop and shop
Weymouth: became Ames and now building 19
Worcester, MA--------After Ames closed it became Bob's discount stores.

Old saybrook, west norwalk, Southington, new britian and derby  stores are wal-mart. norwalk, wallingford, trumbull, Enfield, Ridgefield, branford and hamden stores are kohl;s. the one in Bristol became a k-mart that closed 2.5 years later and is now price chopper. middletown stoer became Ames. norwich became Bob's discount store. torrington became Ames and that will be a lowe's.

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

d_fife

i wish there was stil more vacant

there could be more vacant. you never know. they had 145 stores.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
i wish there was stil more vacant

there could be more vacant. you never know. they had 145 stores.
at one point they had 166 stores but u know kohls gobbled up so many locations and so did wal mart  and its been almost 7 years its really hard to find one theres a few dowen in jersey that are still vacant but if any one has some more caldor pictures post em
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy