Main Menu

Caldor

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
this is the Caldor that was in fairfield Ct. IT is now Kohl's.

thats look 100% just like my Caldor:o witch to is a kohls:(

were did ya get these pictures??????

It is now michaels, NAmco and PEtco.

I got these pictures from various stuff, and saved them!

cool pictures though i know u dident have any Caldor were u were but they were  a great chain if u have more pics can u post them
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
How far did Caldor get before it finally closed the business?

well they had 166 store in 1998 they closed 12 stores that year thats how far they got store wise they opend 3 new stores when they were in Bankrupsci
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

Whats the farthest state they got to?

Virginia, they were in that state for a few years and pulled out, when they pulled out of the DC ARea, in mid 1998.

d_fife

this is what the one in Milford connecticut in the connecticut post mall looked like

Caldor1999

this is what the one in Milford connecticut in the connecticut post mall looked like

cool picture i nevre seen a Caldor like that before do have the Danbury CT Caldor??? or any outhers how many do ya haves and is that one still vacant???
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

i have counted a totle of of how many Caldor still sit vacant and there is 10 Caldor in the northeast that still sit vacanyt and most are in NJ
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Whats the farthest state they got to?

Virginia, they were in that state for a few years and pulled out, when they pulled out of the DC ARea, in mid 1998.

yea Bradlees was there at one time to till 1996 when they clsoed a huge portion of there stores they also closed alot of stores near me to manyey cause they were in bad locations and the stores were  unkeped and messy
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hey d_fife do u have picture of the Bedford Hills New York Caldor ????????????

cause that was my caldor now a kohls:(:mad:
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

Kohls is over rated and expensive. So called department store. :mad:

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

there not bad i just hate the fact that they had to tkae over so many caldor locations:mad:
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

there not bad i just hate the fact that they had to tkae over so many caldor locations:mad:

Also many Clovers.

d_fife

Also many Clovers.

Well, I believe Kohl's did that to jump start their expansion. What I do nto like abotu them taking over so many Caldors (and bradlees) Was that they did not really replace them since they are just mainly clothes.

THEIR CLOTHES ARE BETTER THAN JC PENNY.

About Caldor, I said their prices were expensive. Last week I went to a Wal-mart that was a CAldor, it was in Swansea MAss in the mall and the wal-mart was small.

storehistoryguy

Also many Clovers.

Well, I believe Kohl's did that to jump start their expansion. What I do nto like abotu them taking over so many Caldors (and bradlees) Was that they did not really replace them since they are just mainly clothes.

About Caldor, I said their prices were expensive. Last week I went to a Wal-mart that was a CAldor, it was in Swansea MAss in the mall and the wal-mart was small.

I've noticed that Wal-Mart took over alot of Bradlees.

d_fife

Also many Clovers.

YES WAl-mart did,

Now,

WHen did caldor do away with that logo of the rainbow around the lettering?

And I went into one in MEthuen MAss, it was dark inside, it was orange inside, it was not every big, and the lettering was orange, and a silver box was the front,

The store is now Wal-mart.

I DO NOT HAVE PICTURES OF THE BEDFORD HILSL CALDOR.

THeir first store was in porthcester, THAT BECAME KOhl's.

tHis was a CAldor, it opened in 96. caldor opened 12 new stores in early 1996, 6 months after they filed.

They were going to build one in New bedford mass, but changed their minds.

storehistoryguy

Also many Clovers.

YES WAl-mart did,

Now,

And I went into one in MEthuen MAss, it was dark inside, it was orange inside, it was not every big, and the lettering was orange, and a silver box was the front,

tHis was a CAldor, it opened in 96. caldor opened 12 new stores in early 1996, 6 months after they filed.

They did away with the rainbow in the early 80's to be replaced by the orange sign.

Caldor1999

Also many Clovers.

YES WAl-mart did,

Now,

They did away with the rainbow in the early 80's to be replaced by the orange sign.

in the 50's it was  the caps orage loco in the 60's there logo was  a tear drop in the 70's and early 80's it was the rainbowm in the mid 80's it was the oranges lettring in the 90's it the the mondern logo
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

this is Caldor #1 in portchester New york. The first location is in one of the first posts in the Caldor thread.

This is Porchester's new location. It is now Kohl's.

storehistoryguy

this is Caldor #1 in portchester New york. The first location is in one of the first posts in the Caldor thread.

Where are all of these bird's eye view pics coming from? :huh:

Caldor1999

ive been to that caldor thet palzza had a service merchandise to heh bouth are now gone i also see a Pergament witch was a store that got killed by home depot:mad:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

who knows but i lovve them heh ;):yup::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

storehistoryguy

who knows but i lovve them heh ;):yup::bounce:

Okay, then anyone have one of the one that was in Warminster Pa.?

d_fife

I have a pictuer of the one in Warminster, I am not at my home computer and I will put the picture up later. I have been getting these pictures from various websites over the last few years.

Caldor1999

I have a pictuer of the one in Warminster, I am not at my home computer and I will put the picture up later. I have been getting these pictures from various websites over the last few years.

people just sennd me them i am owner of the Caldorfanclub or remembering caldor as its called someone sent me old school caldor pics from the early 80's including teh pictures of teh first store also pictures of caldor during the 1990's
Caldor Forever!

store215

Do you know when the Warminster store opened? I'm guessing it was the orginal anchor to the shopping center so i am guessing 1988-1992 somewhere in there?

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

Do you know when the Warminster store opened? I'm guessing it was the orginal anchor to the shopping center so i am guessing 1988-1992 somewhere in there?

1976 I believe.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

!976 I believe.

if i se the picture i can tell u
Caldor Forever!

AmesNewington

I'll never understand why they are planning on tearing down the big Newington Caldor. Sam's Club or even Price Chopper would of fit in that building hands down with space left over. Notice that Newington is too stuck up to salvage my favorite department stores. They tore down Bradlees in 2001, Ames in 2004, and now Caldor next? I have to say that Bradlees and Ames were old buildings, but Caldor is only 11 years old (built in 1994). (Ames was a 60s store and Bradlees probably older, but hey, this town could of spent tax dollars wisely and restored them. Ames looked like new from the outside). Enough said.

d_fife

this was the Caldor in WArminster. and is 81,000 square feet

The ames closed in 01 and it is now burlington coat

storehistoryguy

this was the Caldor in Warminster. and is 81,000 square feet

Well, I know that. I live in Warminster. :yup: That picture looks like its from when it was Ames. I have a feeling after they finish up shuting down Burlington it will be abandon.

store215

this was the Caldor in Warminster. and is 81,000 square feet

Well, I know that. I live exacly a block away from there. :yup: That picture looks like its from when it was Ames. I have a feeling after they finish up shuting down Burlington it will be abandon.

Burlington is already closed. I was in that shopping center on Saturday and every sign (including those signs they just installed that say "Center Pointe Place" on them, the Burlington Coat Factory part was removed.

I really can't think of a store that could fill the space as we already have just about everything in the area. It will probably end up being a Big Lots or divided up.
:flaming: