Main Menu

Link updates

Started by Caldor1999, April 24, 2005, 08:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Fortunately, this Ames in Lewiston ME is still there as of april 23, 2005.  That evening i was surprised to see the Ames logo lighted on.  :)

With those cars and the lights, it almost looks like if the store was open as usual !

Unfortunately, the Lewiston Ames is almost gone.  I have not seen it since april but they say a large chineese buffet opened in part of it.  The remaining part is up for lease and they are in the process of finding a new tenant. L.L.Bean also used it as a temporary liquidation store and removed the Ames sign off the mall pylon.

im really confused about my ames in carlem ny in dec hannaford wanted to move there store in tehre and it was set to open in eaerly 2006 and yet i see nothing there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Fortunately, this Ames in Lewiston ME is still there as of april 23, 2005.  That evening i was surprised to see the Ames logo lighted on.  :)

With those cars and the lights, it almost looks like if the store was open as usual !

Unfortunately, the Lewiston Ames is almost gone.  I have not seen it since april but they say a large chineese buffet opened in part of it.  The remaining part is up for lease and they are in the process of finding a new tenant. L.L.Bean also used it as a temporary liquidation store and removed the Ames sign off the mall pylon.

im really confused about my ames in carlem ny in dec hannaford wanted to move there store in tehre and it was set to open in eaerly 2006 and yet i see nothing there

maybe they changed their minds. I have a friend named Andrea Schiavo, she is a freshman and graduated from there in 2005, from my college from carmel new york and I could ask her. maybe there are delays to hannaford. we will find out soon. what was the ames there before Ames?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

maybe they changed their minds. I have a friend named Andrea Schiavo, she is a freshman and graduated from there in 2005, from my college from carmel new york and I could ask her. maybe there are delays to hannaford. we will find out soon. what was the ames there before Ames?

thhey did work on teh inside alot but i dont see why hannaford would wanan move in there whne the plazza have anouther store avable there witch is grand union so i dont see why they dont wanan move in there and btw the awser to our qustion this ames was a kings before it also had its own auto center to thats all i know i could be rong though about it being a kings
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

here is waht ames is now in brunswick maine. the whole plaza got torn down., this was next to wal-mart, that just got expanded into super wal-mart.

from Ron Elmma http://www.newplanexcel.com/leasing/storeTraxDetails.asp?ID=661®ion=2

Anonymous

Does anyone know the STATUS on 4 Connecticut Ames stores? They are:

1) East Hartford -- In the Putnam Bridge Plaza (TJ MAXX, Home Depot and Shaws are tennants)

2) Manchester - Burr Corner's (empty Walbaum's and Ames)

3) Rocky Hill - the hometown of Ames.

4) Newington -- I heard it is a stew leonard's or a Price chopper!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous

1) East Hartford -- In the Putnam Bridge Plaza (TJ MAXX, Home Depot and Shaws are tennants)

the ames is in newington as well as vernon are price chopper. stew leonard is going in the caldor.

I thought the ames in manchester was repolaced by a junk store.

Caldor1999

the Manchster ames was a caldor before as seen in this picture and now is some junkey supermarket or something
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

here is ames in lewiston maine!!1 it was 73,000 sf and was zayre

d_fife

more ames in lewiston. it is now a big china buffet and soon planet fitness

d_fife

more ames in lewiston. it is now a big china buffet and soon planet fitness

here is the side of the ames in lewiston

Zayre88

This is ugly.  The Ames logo gone and small stores taking the former Ames space.  It does not look good because they kept the old building style without new storefronts...  I just hope they can find a large anchor for the rest of the building instead of filling it with more small stores.  That mall is losing it's former appeal.

beachgal26

Hi!  I have been able to find out that the store that used to be in Willimantic was turned into a Kohl's store.

C. Fontaine

I don't know Zayre, that "New China Super Buffet" is pretty appealing!  Hehe, just kidding.  I thought I had posted earlier but I guess it didn't go through...  I agree, it would be very unfortunate to line the remaining storefront with small businesses.  Thanks for the info Beachgal!

XISMZERO

For the record

1) East Hartford -- In the Putnam Bridge Plaza (TJ MAXX, Home Depot and Shaws are tennants) Still vacant and nothing planned.

2) Manchester - Burr Corner's (empty Walbaum's and Ames) Outlet Marketplace. Finished

3) Rocky Hill - the hometown of Ames. Still vacant along with corporate headquarters and planagram building

4) Newington -- I heard it is a stew leonard's or a Price chopper! Price Chopper. Finished
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

C. Fontaine

The East Hartford Ames, I noticed was actually the Ames used on Ames's last website design, I attached it to the bottom of the post. -
http://www.amesfanclub.com/imageserver/connecticut/east.hartford/east.hartford.htm

Here's the Manchester Ames as Outlet Marketplace -
http://www.amesfanclub.com/imageserver/connecticut/manchester/02.12.05/index.htm

Here's a picture of the new Price Chopper replacing Ames in Newington! -
http://www.amesfanclub.com/imageserver/connecticut/newington/newington.htm

Anonymous

Something is happening with our Ames in Glenmont, NY. Ever since the Ames closed, the whole plaza is going downhill. Now the building seems as if it has been gutted. The Grand Union next to it also closed, but the Kmart is still hanging on. The Kmart, at one time when I was there, had only one person working at the registers. Considering that there were only two other people in the store, the employee might have been making more than the store was earning in profits. Kmart might be giong down the same road Ames went down. It's ashame that places like Ames (that actually had quality products) were shut down while places like Walmart (who only undersell their conpetitors just enough to put them out of business and only offer expensive crap) thrive. I think what we should do (as in everyone who cares about the environment they shop in and the products they buy and the way the employees are treated) is make an Ames Cooperative. It would offer all the things Ames once offered. Alot of people go to this site and alot more miss the convenience of Ames, so someone (not me: I'm too unorganized) needs to help bring back Ames to its former glory.

beachgal26

Hi!  I cannot get the links with the updated info to open.  I have Internet Explorer and wonder if that is the problem since it seems that others can get them open without any problem.;)

Zayre88

The Augusta Ames was not going fast but it finally will.

I really don't know what will be the two stores coming to the 60,000 sf. Ames.  The keywords are:

...a rather large tenant to come in and occupy the former Ames space

It's a large, regional retailer everybody will be familiar with.

They would actually be splitting the store in two with another retailer that owns them

It's now confirmed, Christmas Tree Shops and Bed,Bath & beyond will open in the former Ames.  The stores will be 36,000 and 24,000 sf.

d_fife

The Augusta Ames was not going fast but it finally will.

I really don't know what will be the two stores coming to the 60,000 sf. Ames.  The keywords are:

...a rather large tenant to come in and occupy the former Ames space

It's a large, regional retailer everybody will be familiar with.

They would actually be splitting the store in two with another retailer that owns them

It's now confirmed, Christmas Tree Shops and Bed,Bath & beyond will open in the former Ames.  The stores will be 36,000 and 24,000 sf.

that 36,000 sf is small for christmas tree shops. IT IS ABOUT TIME THEY GOT SOMEONE THERE!!!!!! Teh plaza is still on prime land and that is a way to breath life into the mall. Bed bath and beyond is no surprise to me.

here is the article for it http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/2660388.shtml  

Christmas Tree Shops bound for Turnpike Mall

By GARY REMAL

AUGUSTA -- Local fans of Christmas Tree Shops won't have to travel to Scarborough to shop their favorite store -- the chain is scheduled to open a new store at the Turnpike Mall this fall.

The Christmas Tree Shops will join Bed Bath & Beyond -- parent company for both retailers -- in the former Ames department store building, said Peter Carbone III, managing partner for Taurus New England Investments LLC, the shopping center's owner and manager.

Bari Fagin, spokeswoman for Bed Bath and Beyond Inc., said Friday the lease with Taurus was signed earlier this week, but she declined to share projections for sales or employment, citing company policy.

"Bed Bath & Beyond and Christmas Tree Shops are coming to Maine to serve our customers, seeing how excited they are that we're coming," Fagin said. "Both companies are happy that the community is anxious to welcome us and we will do our best to match their excitement."

Christmas Tree Shops sells bargain household goods and knickknacks.

Rumors about Christmas Tree Shops' plans for the building have been bouncing around Augusta for some time. Carbone said his firm has been in negotiations with officials of both retail firms and the city for months.

Christmas Tree Shops will use about 36,000 square feet of the 60,000-square-foot former department store building, with the remaining 24,000 square feet devoted to a Bed Bath & Beyond store, said Michele Watkins, spokeswoman for Christmas Tree Shops.

"We are obviously very excited we will be locating in Augusta," Watkins said. "We understand it's highly anticipated."

The retailers will renovate the former Ames building to their own standards, gutting the structure and installing a new roof, interior, heating and air-condition systems, and exterior, Carbone said.

"Christmas Tree Shops will create a classic and unique facade. I don't know what it will look like. But it will be distinctive," Carbone said.

Taurus plans to upgrade the parking lot pavement and stripes and improve the shopping center's signs, he said.

Carbone said the retailers will bring a new vibrancy to the mall his company bought about 18 months ago, complementing a new shopping center -- Augusta Crossing -- still awaiting final regulatory approval on the other side of Interstate 95.

"I think it's going mean large changes for the rest of the mall from the quality of the look of the mall to the use of it. Every aspect of it will change," Carbone said. "I would think it should significantly increase not only traffic to the mall, but increase business to the existing tenants as well. I think it's just going to substantially increase the overall appreciation of the center itself."

He said he expects vacancies at the shopping center to fill up quickly with word that new tenants are coming.

Some 130,000 to 140,000 square feet of the 207,000-square-foot mall has been rented for the past two years since Ames left, Carbone said.

"Taurus has additional plans for additional improvements at the center likely to occur well after Chrismas Tree Shops and Bed Bath & Beyond occupy the facility," he said.

Carbone said his firm has rented space recently to another 54,000-square-foot Christmas Tree Shops store in Somerville, Mass., so he said the Augusta store will be moderately sized compared to others in the chain.

"I think Christmas Tree Shops would be coming to Augusta with or without the future shopping center (east of I-95) because they believe Augusta is an up-and-coming retail area in New England and there's enough traffic on I-95 to support its own store" without taking away from the chain's other Maine location, in Scarborough, Carbone said.

He praised the city's technical and regulatory staff for their cooperation.

Augusta Economic Development Director Michael Duguay acknowledged the unique cachet brought by the Christmas Tree Shops franchise and said the store will join other retail developments to reinvigorate the Turnpike Mall and its section of Western Avenue.

"There is a magic formula there. Every store they own really does well," Duguay said. "People lately have been asking my office two to three times a week when Christmas Tree Shops are going to come here. That really does not happen in volume with any other retailer."

With improvements to the Turnpike Mall and the prospect of the new 460,000-square-foot Augusta Crossing, Duguay is anticipating a new boost to business all along Western Avenue.

But the demand for Christmas Tree Shops could also affect traffic, and Duguay said municipal officials will be monitoring its impact on city streets closely.

Gary Remal -- 623-3811, Ext. 518

d_fife

Something is happening with our Ames in Glenmont, NY. Ever since the Ames closed, the whole plaza is going downhill. Now the building seems as if it has been gutted. The Grand Union next to it also closed, but the Kmart is still hanging on. The Kmart, at one time when I was there, had only one person working at the registers. Considering that there were only two other people in the store, the employee might have been making more than the store was earning in profits. Kmart might be giong down the same road Ames went down. It's ashame that places like Ames (that actually had quality products) were shut down while places like Walmart (who only undersell their conpetitors just enough to put them out of business and only offer expensive crap) thrive. I think what we should do (as in everyone who cares about the environment they shop in and the products they buy and the way the employees are treated) is make an Ames Cooperative. It would offer all the things Ames once offered. Alot of people go to this site and alot more miss the convenience of Ames, so someone (not me: I'm too unorganized) needs to help bring back Ames to its former glory.

I went there a month ago and there was a yellow wooden over where the Ames was!

Caldor1999

hears whats left of the pawling NY ames for some resion i rememebr this store looking diffrent but i know that this is a style that ames used i have no idea on whats going to be put there but any ways i have to ay this store clsoed in 2002 like all teh rest cause pawling is not that big of a town its bacley hicks vill
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

front of the store
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

back of the store nodice teh dore is open but there doing alot of work in there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears werre teh sign use to be idk if im righjt about this location but idk lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and one final view
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

look at what is now the one in bennington vt

d_fife

more benningto one.

d_fife

more benningto one.

more bennington one

Ames#1171

QuoteOriginally posted by Ames#1171
The Ames That I worked at has now become a Outlet Marketplace

Just wanted to post an updated picture of the Ames that I worked at.  The name of the store has changed from Outlet Marketplace to VF Outlets:
Ames" border="0

Anonymous

I love Ames! Hooray!