Main Menu

Walmart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
wal-mart in phillipsburg nj that opened in fall 1997 and 130,000 sq.ft. and seems to want to move nearby as a supercenter, which will be the first supercenter in nj.

No, actually the one in Turnersville, NJ became the first NJ supercenter in 2005 I believe. I think it may have been the first general Walmart in NJ too. It opened in the mid 80's according to my parents

store215

New Wal-Mart logo being introduced this fall (here is an artists rendition).
While it does look more modern, I think it looks really generic, not to mention the millions of dollars they are going to have to spend changing signs around (including a supercenter near me that opened only a month ago!)

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
New Wal-Mart logo being introduced this fall (here is an artists rendition).
While it does look more modern, I think it looks really generic, not to mention the millions of dollars they are going to have to spend changing signs around (including a supercenter near me that opened only a month ago!)

It looks more throwback than modern to me, especially with the orange background, like something from the 70's.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

C. Fontaine

Looks like a subliminal Zayre's logo.

videogamer75

You guys beat me to it. I'm really surprised they got a new logo, and i'm actually happy. it looks more creative than the old logo, and kinda reminds me of the zayre logo.

Zayre88

It's now Walmart in one word... like K-mart to Kmart.

Wal-Mart's forthcoming logo makeover: a good move?
http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/next/archives/2008/06/wal-marts_forth.html

http://walmartstores.com/AboutUs/8412.aspx

dmx10101

Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Hddfan135

Looks suspiciously like the Zayre asterisk..

Seriously...

And it's going to take more than looks to impress me.

And a Walmart near me just changed it's color style from the Blue/white to a Beige/white.

Despite my criticism, I do like that new logo :D

CTAmeshopper

It reminds me of those asterisk shaped price scanner targets that used to be ubiquitous in supermarkets, I can't remember what they're specifically called they used to look so cool, now they're boring squares:(

Marc82

We have Walmart Gift Cards with that logo on it. I was wondering why. Now I know.

Zayre88

Dare to compare !!

store215

Actually, Holiday Inn is getting a new logo too but it hasn't been officially introduced

From UnderConstruction.com/brandnew

dmx10101

Apparel department ready for rapper

Move over South Pole, Sean John and Rocawear. Wal-Mart, rap mogul Master P and his son Romeo are working together to help inner-city families save money so they can live better.

Master P, a former "gangsta rapper," whose profanity-laced lyrics earned him millions and spawned a business conglomerate, is convinced his P. Miller clothing fits with Wal-Mart's mission.

"I figured out a way to make clothes affordable for inner-city families," said Master P. "We use the same factories and the same materials as Sean John, Rocawear and Ed Hardy. These are quality clothes you'd normally find at a department store like Macy's. Now you can pick up the same high-end fashion at an affordable price."

The clothes, which include graphic T-shirts, fleece hoodies and denim jeans, will initially be available at about 350 stores, according to several published reports.

"Kids don't need to worry anymore about being bullied at school for wearing old clothes," continued Master P. "Likewise, parents don't need to choose between filling up the gas tank or filling up the closet. We're helping families dress fresh for less."

Master P and Romeo have also created a women's line called Miller Peaches, with clothes selling for $10 or less. P.Miller brand shoes, jewelry, fragrances and eco-friendly organic cotton clothes are also in the works.

"This is the makings of a great partnership with the No. 1 retailer in the world. Together we're making it cool to shop for clothes at Wal-Mart," said Master P., also known as Percy Miller.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

videogamer75

My Walmart already has new displays and kiosks featuring the sunburst, hinting at the new logo but not unveiling it fully just yet.

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
My Walmart already has new displays and kiosks featuring the sunburst, hinting at the new logo but not unveiling it fully just yet.

This new logo wont make sales go up. They need to get people out the stores quicker, not have the tards run the re-funds and ......stop it with the nail places inside next to the subways.
JN

videogamer75

I know...what are they trying to do with the new logo anyway? Are they trying to look more friendly and more like a neighborhood store?

powersbt

I know...what are they trying to do with the new logo anyway? Are they trying to look more friendly and more like a neighborhood store?

Trying to clean up their image a bit. Spruce the image up to try and appeal to a larger amount of Clientele. Hey, if it works, then more power to them. It has to be a pretty risky campaign with the amount of money they are spending on it.

videogamer75

Yeah, looks like you're right. I just hope walmart starts to treat their employees better, I mean, if all that stuff in the Walmart: High Cost of Low Price movie was true.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Walmart on Queen Street in Southington is making some changes. All the carpeted areas of the store have been replaced by faux wood floor. Any other Walmart's doing this? And why are they doing this?

My walmart did too, all the carpeting in the clothing section has been replaced by faux wood. It also has the brown and tan walls.

videogamer75

Has anyone seen the South Park episode "Something Walmart This Way Comes"? It's hilarious, and totally has a great point to make! :D

Marc82

Yeah, looks like you're right. I just hope walmart starts to treat their employees better, I mean, if all that stuff in the Walmart: High Cost of Low Price movie was true.

I don't know how much I should be saying as a Walmart employee but a lot of that is not ture (at least at my Walmart). They offer their employees a basic insurance plan for about $20/month. You stay on that plan until you're eligable for regular benefits, usually around a year after you've been hired. They've got all kinds of coverage available depending on your needs and/or the needs of your family.

videogamer75

Well, that's good to hear. When I watched the movie on Comcast On Demand I did get the feeling some stuff was exaggerated.

wwefan101

talk about the super walmarts nare u and post pics of them ift u have any

wwefan101

we have a good one    nare me   in lecister ma i whold post pics of it ift i knew how

dmx10101

there's already a topic for wal-marts on here with lots of pics of wal-marts.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Marc82

At the one I work at they give bonuses to every employee for every quarter sales are above what is projected.

Marc82

Never been to one or seen one in person. Nearest one to me is in Wallingford. The town of Southington won't let Walmart build a SuperCenter  because there is an oridenance that no new buildings on Route 10 can be larger than Price Chopper. (95,000 Square Feet). Truthfully there's no land on 10 to build one unless they bought Shaw's Plaza and rip that down.

wiseguy93

This Wal Mart opened in 1984. The outside of the building still looks like it did in 1984. The inside has been remolded several times. It's a small Wal Mat might be about 50,000 sq ft. Doesn't have a pharmacy or snack bar. This Wal Mart was the first Wal Mart to open in the state of Virginia. It's located in Powell Valley Square in Big Stone Gap, Virginia. There was talk several years ago they was going to closed it down. There was talk about building a super Wal Mart on some land near by that feel through. And a Super Center was built about 20 miles down the road in another county called Lee. Big Stone is located in the county of Wise, Va. There is a super center about 15 minutes from it on U.S. 23 right between Wise & Norton. To be a small store it still does really good business. It's good to shop at you dont' have to walk your self to death like you do in the super center.

videogamer75

That Wal-Mart is so cool. If you ask me they should put a Wal-Mart of that size in the small towns instead of opening supercenters everywhere.

videogamer75

Here's another old Wal-Mart in Harvard, IL. From billburmaster.com.