Main Menu

Walmart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Wal-Mart is closing it's newer Horsham, Pa. location which opened in 2002. Before being a Wal-Mart it was a Woolco 1972-1983 and Bradlees 1985-2001. The Wal-Mart is not closing due to slow selling but because they bought the land of a nice old office building up the street about a mile, that is very well made and unique looking, kicking out the current tennets who have been in the building since it was built (around 1979) and knocking it down, along with some woods behind the building, to build a Wal-Mart Supercenter. ___________________!!!!!!!!!!!!
[size=-1](The line is representing the curse words I thought when I read the article about this.)[/size]

WHEN IS IT CLOSING!! wal-mart closing unheard of, but unless they relocate to build a supercenter.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
Wal-Mart is closing it's newer Horsham, Pa. location which opened in 2002. Before being a Wal-Mart it was a Woolco 1972-1983 and Bradlees 1985-2001. The Wal-Mart is not closing due to slow selling but because they bought the land of a nice old office building up the street about a mile, that is very well made and unique looking, kicking out the current tennets who have been in the building since it was built (around 1979) and knocking it down, along with some woods behind the building, to build a Wal-Mart Supercenter. ___________________!!!!!!!!!!!!
[size=-1](The line is representing the curse words I thought when I read the article about this.)[/size]

WHEN IS IT CLOSING!! wal-mart closing unheard of, but unless they relocate to build a supercenter.

Well yeah, it more of a relocating and going from a regular store to a supercenter.

d_fife

Well yeah, it more of a relocating and going from a regular store to a supercenter.

wal-mart does that, comes to a town, then 5 to 10 years later wants to build a supercenter. sometimes a dirty trick. most of the pa stores are supercenters!!!! wal-mart has been doing this alot with existiing stores: moving or expanding. I wonder if they will convert larger regular ones into supercenters.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
really wal mart shoudlent do this its a waste of lanmd and space i mean u move into a old bradlees knock it down and make your store then 4 years latter u wanna move to a newer location 4 years is not a long time thats still new for a store and i think its a waste to tear down a officwe bulding for a wal mart not to mentin the woods in teh back of there target or kmart woudlent do someting like this its sad

maybe there was more demand for that store and it could not be expanded and that store did so well, they decided to make it bigger.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
really wal mart shoudlent do this its a waste of lanmd and space i mean u move into a old bradlees knock it down and make your store then 4 years latter u wanna move to a newer location 4 years is not a long time thats still new for a store and i think its a waste to tear down a officwe bulding for a wal mart not to mentin the woods in teh back of there target or kmart woudlent do someting like this its sad

That is my exact point! Thank you! :)
Heres an idea with whats going on in Horsham with Wal-Mart.

Before: The 1970's until 2005.

After: What it will look like when Wal-Mart is complete sometime in 2007.

store215

I just read in the paper today about the Horsham Wal-Mart. This is really gonna hurt Acme and the other grocers, especially the Union ones in the area. With a new super Wal-Mart and new Wegmans store coming, I see many Acme stores becoming empty.

And I can't believe they are closing that store..its less than 6 years old! I was wondering why the store was not remodeled like the Warminster one with the self-checkouts, but now I know why. What could take it's place? The only thing not nearby is a Value City maybe.

I wonder if we will see any SuperTargets popping up in the region soon. They seem to follow Wal-Mart and Target has a large open plot of land next to their Warrington store (although it may be protected land, im not certain)

d_fife

wal-mart sign in east windsor ct

d_fife

wal-mart sign in avon ct

d_fife

wal-mart in cromwell CT near berlin and the left side of hte highway) ajd opened like 1997 123,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

sign of the original wal-mart in wallingford Ct that opened winter 1996, and 120,000 sq.ft. and it moved to the old super kmart last year and is super wal-mart and this wal-mart, I was there august 4, 2006, was at the time I was there being reconstructed into lowe's and here is the old sign of wal-mart.

d_fife

sign of the original wal-mart in wallingford Ct that opened winter 1996, and 120,000 sq.ft. and it moved to the old super kmart last year and is super wal-mart and this wal-mart, I was there august 4, 2006, was at the time I was there being reconstructed into lowe's and here is the old sign of wal-mart.

reconstruction of the old wal-mart in wallingford into lowe's as of august 4, 2006.

d_fife

the new super wal-mart in wallingford Ct in the old kmart and it opened last year and 175,000 sq.ft. I was told the one in new haven is not as busy as this by one of my friends that works at this one.

d_fife

the new super wal-mart in wallingford Ct in the old kmart and it opened last year and 175,000 sq.ft. I was told the one in new haven is not as busy as this by one of my friends that works at this one.

wallingford supercenter

d_fife

wallingford supercenter

wallingford supercenter

d_fife

wallingford supercenter

wallingford supercenter

wallingford supercenter garden

d_fife

wallingford supercenter

wallingford supercenter

wallingford supercenter garden

wallingford sign

d_fife

wal-mart in hamden ct that opened 4 yrs ago in the old bradlees and in the hamden mart, thje bradlees was 90,000 sq.ft and the wal-mart was small.

d_fife

wal-mart in hamden ct that opened 4 yrs ago in the old bradlees and in the hamden mart, thje bradlees was 90,000 sq.ft and the wal-mart was small.

hamden ct

d_fife

hamden ct

hamden ct

d_fife

walmart sign in cromwell ct

d_fife

wal-mart supercenter in queensbury ny (near glens falls) and I have pics of it when it was the old wal-mart and ames was next door to it and those pictures where taken in 2004 (before I used digital camera)

d_fife

wal-mart supercenter in queensbury ny (near glens falls) and I have pics of it when it was the old wal-mart and ames was next door to it and those pictures where taken in 2004 (before I used digital camera)

queensbury

d_fife

queensbury

queensbury

d_fife

wal-mart amsterdam ny

d_fife

wal-mart amsterdam ny

amsterdam

d_fife

wal-mart in gloversville / johnstown ny

d_fife

wal-mart in gloversville / johnstown ny

sign in the gloversville one

d_fife

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in seneca falls / waterloo ny and it is 72,000 sq.ft. and they want to relocate it to a supercenter.