Walmart

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
here is the wal-mart in monitcello ny

monticello store

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in milford pa. It opened in 1994 and I went there in 1994 on the way to gettsburg. I went there march 25 and now it is a supercenter.

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in milford pa. It opened in 1994 and I went there in 1994 on the way to gettysburg. I went there march 25 and now it is a supercenter.

milford

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in middletown ny

d_fife

possible former middletown store. middletown ny one moved.

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in newburgh ny. it recently turned into a supercenter

d_fife

newburgh ny

d_fife

newburgh ny

wal-mart sign in newburgh ny

powersbt

Yes, this is the Former Wal Mart in Middletown (Town of Walkill). Underneath this Gander Mountain is a Sam's Club. Used to do shopping here a lot when I was with the "wifey." Should be a carnival coming into this Parking Lot in a few weeks. Also, if you ever get over this way, I recommend eatting at a Restaurant called Cosimos. Awesome Pizza there, friendly atmosphere.

possible former middletown store. middletown ny one moved.

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in fishkill ny (near poughkeepsie)

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in fishkill ny (near poughkeepsie)

fishkill

d_fife

wal-mart in kingston ny

d_fife

wal-mart in kingston ny

kingston ny supercenter.

d_fife

wal-mart in hudson ny

AmesNewington

This is directly for TRU, but if this also affects your Wal-Mart, please also reply. This is also an update of a previous post.

The Newington Wal-Mart has been going through a lot of changes. First, they painted the walls brown, and removed all wall signs. This had stayed this way for weeks. Then, after 3 weeks of not going there, we entered the store, and it looked totally different. I was surprised because I never though Wal-Mart was that desperate to update their image. As of now, they replaced all ceiling signs with small blue ones. They changed all the clothing departments around. The mens dept. is where the Infant dept. was, the women's dept. is where the men's dept. was, and the kids departments are in the middle area. Right now, everything else is the same, but they said they weren't done yet.

Has anyone else seen this new look, and how do you like it, if you even care?

store215

My local walmart has the new look (they remodeled it last year--store opened in 1997)

I didn't notice any blue ceiling tiles, but they painted everything brown (which looks okay I guess), new checkout lanes with the bag spinners, fake hardwood floors, and a new Subway instead of the snack bar.

What they did do is ditch all the "Made In USA" and "Pennsylvania Proud..." signs they had hanging up all over :mad:

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
This is directly for TRU, but if this also affects your Wal-Mart, please also reply. This is also an update of a previous post.

The Newington Wal-Mart has been going through a lot of changes. First, they painted the walls brown, and removed all wall signs. This had stayed this way for weeks. Then, after 3 weeks of not going there, we entered the store, and it looked totally different. I was surprised because I never though Wal-Mart was that desperate to update their image. As of now, they replaced all ceiling signs with small blue ones. They changed all the clothing departments around. The mens dept. is where the Infant dept. was, the women's dept. is where the men's dept. was, and the kids departments are in the middle area. Right now, everything else is the same, but they said they weren't done yet.

Has anyone else seen this new look, and how do you like it, if you even care?

I plan on going around there soon anyway. I will probably like the new look when I see it. I don't know what it is.

TRU7536

I havent been to Walmart in newington in ages! My mother no longer shop's their, she prefers Target. But i might have to make a trip their. U know that laz Boy Furniture is moving next door, in that big parking lot where the grantmore motel is.

AmesNewington

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
My local walmart has the new look (they remodeled it last year--store opened in 1997)

I didn't notice any blue ceiling tiles, but they painted everything brown (which looks okay I guess), new checkout lanes with the bag spinners, fake hardwood floors, and a new Subway instead of the snack bar.

What they did do is ditch all the "Made In USA" and "Pennsylvania Proud..." signs they had hanging up all over :mad:

Sorry if I confused you, I was talking about smaller department signs that sort of go with their "new age" look. I like the new look. It looks better and not cheap like before. I'll have to get used to it, but I like it though. According to the store, they are not done yet. The bag spinners have been in the Newington store since they opened in 2001.

Anyway, my point is for the most part, when you walk in to the store, you wouldn't know it was Wal-Mart.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

Sorry if I confused you, I was talking about smaller department signs that sort of go with their "new age" look. I like the new look. It looks better and not cheap like before. I'll have to get used to it, but I like it though. According to the store, they are not done yet. The bag spinners have been in the Newington store since they opened in 2001.

Anyway, my point is for the most part, when you walk in to the store, you wouldn't know it was Wal-Mart.

I wodner if the newington one will become super wal-mart.

alot of the wal-marts i have been to--- more and more are supercenters or are becoming supercenters. most in pennsylvania are supercenters and my atlas of that has wal-mart locations listed says that some states almost all are supercenters. but new england has the least supercenters. I know 60 percent of their stoers are supercenters.

AmesNewington

I'd love that, but I think the store is too small for that. The space was once Bradlees. Also, this is the list of food stores currently in Newington:

A&P Super Foodmart
Super Stop and Shop
Shaw's
Price Chopper
Stew Leonards in 2007

They just said at the registers they are making it look like a Supercenter. I doubt if it will have the food. I didn't know a regular Wal-Mart can be turned in to a Supercenter.

powersbt

Yes, they can do that. I saw them do it to the Utica NY Walmart. They added on to both sides of the building, the left side was the Food Center addition. It seems to be the big thing in this area.

I'd love that, but I think the store is too small for that. The space was once Bradlees. Also, this is the list of food stores currently in Newington:

A&P Super Foodmart
Super Stop and Shop
Shaw's
Price Chopper
Stew Leonards in 2007

They just said at the registers they are making it look like a Supercenter. I doubt if it will have the food. I didn't know a regular Wal-Mart can be turned in to a Supercenter.

BillyGr

A&P Super Foodmart
Super Stop and Shop
Shaw's
Price Chopper
Stew Leonards in 2007

Yep - they just did that about a year ago to the East Greenbush store (the first one in the area).  They added on, mostly to the right side (now the grocery) and a bit to the left end (enclosed garden area and tire/lube, which this store never had).

The only reasons they might NOT be able to would be that:
1. No space to build on (like in Brunswick, where they have proposed a new building - it looks like there would be space, but some/all of it may be unusuable)
2. Other stores not allowing it - if there was already a grocery in the same plaza, they might have a lease that prohibits another grocery from opening.  
For example, going back to EG, that plaza had a Grand Union, but it was closed during bankruptcy and nothing ever moved in, so that building was demolished (along with attached smaller stores) when Wal-Mart was Supersized, and new small stores were built in line with the WM (the plaza was kind of set up strange to begin with - the GU and small stores at one end and movie theaters at the other sat nearer to the road, while WM was built further back - never made much sense as there wasn't enough parking for the grocery/small stores many times).

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in skowhegan maine. which seemed to have killed the k-mart and ames. it is 103,000 sq.ft. and opened like 10 years ago. it said it is open until 9 pm while most are open at 10 pm and open at 11 pm in bigger markets.

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in skowhegan maine. which seemed to have killed the k-mart and ames. it is 103,000 sq.ft. and opened like 10 years ago. it said it is open until 9 pm while most are open at 10 pm and open at 11 pm in bigger markets.

skowhegan

d_fife

skowhegan

skowhegan sign

d_fife

here is the 160,000 sq.ft. wal-mart in palmyra / newport maine that is off exit 158 and was expanded in 2002 and added 80,000 sq.ft. and opeend fall 1994.

d_fife

here is the 160,000 sq.ft. wal-mart in palmyra / newport maine that is off exit 158 and was expanded in 2002 and added 80,000 sq.ft. and opeend fall 1994.

more palmyra

d_fife

more palmyra

here is the sign for the palmyra store and it has the 24 hours labelscar. man the wal-marts in maine have shorter hours.

d_fife

here is the wal-mart in bangor maine that opened 1993 and is 110,000 sq.ft. and they wanted to move this to a supercenter and I see there is no room to expand it. but they have a supercenter in brewer anyway. most wal-marts in maine are supercenters it seems.