What was this chain of restaurants?

Started by HoJofan206, December 28, 2005, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

We had two of these in Evansville and I have seen the same buildings located In Louisville Ky, does anyone know what type of food place they were?  The one posted has been several things over the years but I cannot remember what it originally was.....Can anyone help?

HoJofan206

retailfan

Hello This looks like the old Arbys roast beef style
There used to be one In Anderson In. in this curved style with the old huge sign out front  Actualy its still open By the Mounds Mall the bldg though has beeen remodled the last few years

amesman

HoJofan206

I was confused as the restaurant didnt allow for patrons to eat inside, but rather, only outdoors at the covered tables that are long gone.

store215

That is definetly an old Arby's. The very old ones, like that, did not have indoor seating. The later ones (still many of these remain), were of the same shape, but had/have room for indoor seating

HoJofan206

Thanks for the info guys!!  I recently found another one of the old school Arby's.  It is located in Decatur Georgia.

HoJofan206

Here is a picture from a long time ago.

corycory

The people that have responded are correct...sort of. The chain that operated out of those buildings was Roy Roger's Roast Beef Sandwiches. They were bought out by Arby's in the early eighties.

Mobil

There are two of these left, one in Folsom, PA and another in Clifton Heights, PA. One is now a Liberty Travel in Plymouth Meeting and another is a Starbucks in King of Prussia.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by corycory
The people that have responded are correct...sort of. The chain that operated out of those buildings was Roy Roger's Roast Beef Sandwiches. They were bought out by Arby's in the early eighties.

Actually....you're thinking of Hardee's, they bought out Roy Rogers around 1988, then split it off back into its own company later. These buildings were always used by Arby's from the start.

Mobil, I have seen the two stores you are talking about. I think the Folsom one was remolded, as it has enclosed the small canopy.

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
QuoteOriginally posted by corycory

Actually....you're thinking of Hardee's, they bought out Roy Rogers around 1988, then split it off back into its own company later. These buildings were always used by Arby's from the start.

Mobil, I have seen the two stores you are talking about. I think the Folsom one was remolded, as it has enclosed the small canopy.

I forgot to mention that the one in Folsom is right near the very first Wawa, opened 1964!!! The Arby's probably opened in 1964, which was also when they were founded. This one still has a HUGE vintage road sign. There is one in Wilmington, DE on 202 with the same sign.