food stands

Started by Caldor1999, June 11, 2005, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

Ames had its snack shop while Bradlees and Caldor had pizza hut and taco bell in there stores while Sears has Mcdonnales along wit Wal Mart Kmart has Little Cesaers

while Target dose Pizza Hut and Starbucks

Macys and Nordstrom has a coffie stands and sometimes mcdonnals
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

C. Fontaine

I do help myself to some Pizza Hut whenever I shop at Target.

jmn3

Anytime I smell popcorn being popped in one of those big glass machines...i have no idea what they are called...anyway, that smell always triggers a memory of walking into Hills.  They always had the snack shop right in the vestibule (at least at the store near my house), complete with the popcorn, giant pretzels, the loganberry in those plastic things (sorry, I don't know what to call this either), and the most disgusting hot dogs EVER rolling on those spinning racks.

C. Fontaine

I hate our local krap-mart cafe.  The one here replaced the Little Caesars that used to be in the store, and all of their food really tastes like crap.  I know the guy who is the day manager and he said it unbelievable they haven't opened up to an outside contract again, since business is next to nothing at the cafe.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
I miss Little Ceasers being in Kmart they had something nice going on for a while. The last one I saw was in Waterbury,Ct's Kmart.

WHY WHY WHY did they kick out Little Ceasers?

No profits = No K Cafe's.

My local Kmart didn't get a K cafe until the BigK "remodel". It had little ceasers in it for a while, then that was dumped for a regular snack bar, and it is probably removed as of last week (I haven't been there in a month or so)

Jag67

So, are ALL little Ceasars gone?? When i went to K-mart about 2 months ago to buy my camera, Little Ceasars was still open.

Caldor1999

BTW before Big K there was no such thing as the name of K Cafe it was just little Ceasers I know because I remember going in the Waterbury,CT Kmart and eating a mini Little Ceasers Pizza it was SOOO good! YUMMY!

When the Big K concept came along and the name K cafe was introduced most of the Little Ceasers around our area were kicked  out by Kmart replaced by non-descript K Cafes.

BTW I never knew they were called "K Cafes" I thought they were called "Kmart Cafes" because of the script mart inside the K

So my question was NOT about why Kmart is getting rid of the K Cafes, my question  WAS about  why did Kmart get rid of a famous name, "Little Ceasers Pizza" for a dull run-of-the-mill non-descript name "K-Cafe"?

Which this could of led to the K-Cafe's demise.

BTW what were Ames & Hills cafes called?

I know Caldor's was called " Cafe Life" or something like that.

lol

before Caldor went out thye many use pizza hut taco bell or nathings as there cafe stands
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

The Newington Caldor had a " The Cafe Life" in it.

I know because I took pics there recently and theres a sign on the front that said that.

My Caldor had a snak shop but they got rid of it in the 1990's u should post though Caldor pics on hear i really wanan see em lol or scan them if u took them witha reglure Cam lol
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
The Newington Caldor had a " The Cafe Life" in it.

I know because I took pics there recently and theres a sign on the front that said that.

My Caldor had a snak shop but they got rid of it in the 1990's u should post though Caldor pics on hear i really wanan see em lol or scan them if u took them witha reglure Cam lol

Well the pics need to be developed and how much does a scanner cost?

In a Bradlees in Burlington Mass, I saw a pizza hut inside the store.

tokensafari

One of my local K-Mart's still has little Ceasars in it. While another one has the Cafe. I guess it varies on the market in which they are in!

truviking05

I have very early memories of eating at a REAL store lunch counter--Woolworth's. I remember sitting at the high stool, barely being able to see over the dark wood counter :) Ahh, the good ol' days...

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
I have very early memories of eating at a REAL store lunch counter--Woolworth's. I remember sitting at the high stool, barely being able to see over the dark wood counter :) Ahh, the good ol' days...

Wow now thats cool!

in the 1960s one Woolworth store in Greensburo was made famous by an black stand-in against segregation at a Woolworth lunch counter.

it is now a muesuem about it

However I do believe they kept the Woolworth chracteristics intact including the exterior!

I believe it looks like this today

Wow...total flashback from 8th grade Social Studies class...! Our textbook even had a pic of the sit-in!

will

Our Kmart snack bar is still a 'Little Caesar's Pizza Station' as it were, but the main sign says 'K Cafe.' I believe it was changed to 'K Cafe' when the 'Big K' came along. Ours has good prices. It was not very busy when I ate there at 4pm on a Saturday. However I believe it gets busy in the morning when the old people eat breakfast there and the employees eat there. Ours is still pretty clean, though it is aging as it was built '91. It is kind of cluttered with supplies though.

Our Walmart used to have a little snack bar when it opened '93 but I don't remember the name. Then in '00 it was expanded into a 'Supercenter' and the old snackbar was removed after they built a larger 'Radio Grill.' Most recent the 'Radio Grill' was converted into a 'Blimpies Sub Restaurant'. I thought it was strange because aren't most Walmarts McDonalds?

Caldor1999

Sadly with Kmart removing its cafes, Ames,Bradlees,Caldor gone and no Woolworths

The only two stores that would still have food stands in their stores is Wal*Mart and Target.

sad huh.

not true Sears Macys Nordstrom Borders Barns& Noble and even A&P uslay have fast food and cafe in there stores also BJ Sames club and Home Depot have snack shops ect in there stores too
Caldor Forever!

Mervyns

Ames had its snack shop while Bradlees and Caldor had pizza hut and taco bell in there stores while Sears has Mcdonnales along wit Wal Mart Kmart has Little Cesaers

They have McDonald's at Sears? And Macys? And NORDSTROM?

GothicPrincess

the k-mart in that dying mall that i went to has the K-cafe WITH Little Ceasers. I have the pic posted somewhere around here...I think in the forum called "K-cafe". I don't know the rules for posting the same pic in 2 different discussions, so I'll just leave it at that.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Mervyns

opps i froget the last part lol but i do remember there being a sears that had a  McDonald's untill they moved to a new location that old store is now a wal mart
Caldor Forever!

Mervyns

opps i froget the last part lol but i do remember there being a sears that had a  McDonald's untill they moved to a new location that old store is now a wal mart  

Are you sure the McDonald's was part of the Sears? I know that Sears, it was an urban Sears.

Caldor1999

Are you sure the McDonald's was part of the Sears? I know that Sears, it was an urban Sears.

was this sears in White Plains NY ????
Caldor Forever!

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Burger King = Jamesway
Pizza Hut = Target
Subway = Walmart
Nathan's = Caldor
Little Caesar's = Kmart
Red Grille = Woolco
Pizza Hut = Bradlees
Wendy's = Kmart
Starbucks = Target
Taco Bell = Target
McDonald's = Walmart
Radio Grill = Walmart
Subway = Ames

Mervyns

QuoteOriginally posted by ShopKoFan
Burger King = Jamesway
Pizza Hut = Target
Subway = Walmart
Nathan's = Caldor
Little Caesar's = Kmart
Red Grille = Woolco
Pizza Hut = Bradlees
Wendy's = Kmart
Starbucks = Target
Taco Bell = Target
McDonald's = Walmart
Radio Grill = Walmart
Subway = Ames

Kmart has Wendy's?

AMES had Subway?

Mervyns

It was this one I think, now Wal-Mart.

Caldor1999

It was this one I think, now Wal-Mart.

yep thats the one
Caldor Forever!

The Adamantium Elbow

QuoteOriginally posted by jmn3
Anytime I smell popcorn being popped in one of those big glass machines...i have no idea what they are called...anyway, that smell always triggers a memory of walking into Hills.  They always had the snack shop right in the vestibule (at least at the store near my house), complete with the popcorn, giant pretzels, the loganberry in those plastic things (sorry, I don't know what to call this either), and the most disgusting hot dogs EVER rolling on those spinning racks.

Same here. I also liked when we would sometimes get the big bag of cashews.