Drake Hill Mall (Simsbury, CT)

Started by farmingtonvalleymall, February 25, 2008, 04:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmingtonvalleymall

I use to go to a doctor in Simsbury center back in the late 70's/early 80's, next to the doctors was the Drake Hill Mall. It may have been the smallest indoor mall on the planet. I remember there being a very small indoor area with access to maybe 4-6 stores, that's it!! I remember it looking like a regular mall just insanely small.

Its been a long time since I've been to this place but I always noticed the sign when occasionally driving by over the years. Well today I went to check it out and indoor aspect is gone, its been converted to just a standard strip plaza with outside access only to each store. There's a Fitzgerald's grocery, a pharmacy, Battison's... This change must have been in the last couple years, the mall sign is gone and its now nameless, what a disappointment. :(

XISMZERO

Don't fret, here's an advertisement from when it opened in March 1971.

I, too, investigated the site last Summer after I found this ad in the Courant and found today it's just an ordinary strip mall with a CVS and some other shops.

Fitzgerald's has been here since day 1. Amazed to hear it's still around.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

farmingtonvalleymall

I will say one thing about this new neutered plaza, it was really crowded. I couldn't believe how many people were going in and out of the doors every second.