McDonald's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

....are they doing the FREE- WIFI? ...I would check too before everyone else comes downs with pocket PCs (youd be suprised Ive gotten on in some McDonalds WITHOUT the 4 dollar access) :mrpink:
JN

patk

NJxxJon

They should really get rid of some of the old ones here in NJ....They keep re-doing the taco bells and wendys and putting them back up too.........Keep them all in the same place but give us some wifi and good....BETTER coffee.
JN

greg8370

The McDonald's in the Ames Plaza in Norwich, Ct was knocked down today in order for a new one to be built on the same site.

farmingtonvalleymall

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
mcdonald's in avon / simsbury CT on rt. 44

This McDonald's was, at one point, a doctor's office. It's actually nicely furnished inside. Technically, this store is located in Simsbury. It's one of those unusual looking stores in CT.

When was it a doctors office?

RogerAnthony

QuoteOriginally posted by farmingtonvalleymall

This McDonald's was, at one point, a doctor's office. It's actually nicely furnished inside. Technically, this store is located in Simsbury. It's one of those unusual looking stores in CT.

There might have been a building located there that was formerly a doctor's office, but the current building has always been a McDonald's since it was built back in the 1990's.  Prior to that a McDonald's operated in a different building on the same spot.

farmingtonvalleymall

QuoteOriginally posted by RogerAnthony
QuoteOriginally posted by farmingtonvalleymall

There might have been a building located there that was formerly a doctor's office, but the current building has always been a McDonald's since it was built back in the 1990's.  Prior to that a McDonald's operated in a different building on the same spot.

I know that this was a McDonalds back into the early 70's at least and redone around 98 or 99. I ate at the old one A LOT growing up. Was just curious if there really was something there in the 60's before it.

There was a defunct gas station next to this McD's that stood there seemingly forever before they finally knocked it down. Its still a vacant lot . McD's put up a fence so that people who ate outside at the picnic tables didn't have to look at the decrepit gas station.

farmingtonvalleymall

Here's the original McDonald's in Simsbury, CT on rt 44. Its from a video I shot of a Blizzard on March 31, 1997

Marc82

Here's some shots of the newly remodeled McDonald's on Queen Street in Southington, CT. Their interiors are really, pardon the pun, shaping up... Years of ugliness has paid off (especially this store).

My friends and I ate at this McDonald's back in January. It was the first time I had been there since the remodel because I prefer BK or Wendys. I like the new look, even though service there was horrible. It was Friday Night during the dinner rush around 530-545PM. They only had one register open and the girl running the register was also helping with the cooking.

I meant to post about this when I went there but I must've suffered brain damage and forgot all about it. Nick knows what I mean.

Marc82

A quick McDonald's story. Back in January my friend Tim, his girlfriend Amanda, our coworker Mikey, and I had just come back from West Farms Mall. We went back to Tim's house and sat in the car in the driveway for a while talking. Mikey said he was hungry so we went to the McDonald's on West Street in Southington across from ESPN. We went through the drive in. Well out of the clear blue sky Mikey said to Tim "Tim you are my enemy." Tim stopped the car, pulled into a parking space, jumped out of the car, and tried to yank Mikey out of the car through the back window. Tim was ready to beat Mikey up. Tim finally calmed down and we just rode around in silence. Then we brought Mikey home.

This kid Mikey has no common sense. You never tell the person that's giving you a ride somewhere  "You are my enemy."

patk

the Mcdonalds on RT 30 in lancster pa looks like its almost done!
i will get pics next time i go out there :)

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
the Mcdonalds on RT 30 in lancster pa looks like its almost done!
i will get pics next time i go out there :)

it does look almost done as I Was there last week and it looks like a lot of the newer looking MCds

d_fife

MCds in LAncaster pa near the east towne mall near completetion as of March 25, 2008

store215

Heh I drove by this location last weekend (i'm going to college real close to there next year)

patk

the Mcdonalds on RT 30 in lancster pa as of 4/19/08 :yup:

Birdsong

I passed something today you don't see too often. On Us 19 in Clearwater Florida there is a Mc Donalds That has been vacant for about 8 years! It looks awful! The signage is long gone but there is no mistaking its a McDonalds. If I get a chance i will try to post a pic of it.  I remember stopping in when it was open..I left without ordering it was the dirtiest McDonalds I was ever in.  It was easy to see why it closed.

Marc82

The dirtiest McDonald's I've ever been to is the free standing one on The Property of The Mall at Bristol Centre in Bristol, CT. It's dirty, disgusting, and run down. I ordered a soda once and while the server was handing it to me, she sneezed, I didn't realize it had gone into the drink and I got sick from drinking the soda. The manager was right there and didn't say anything to her. If I was in my right mind I would took the drink and thrown it at her.  I haven't been back to that one since.

I could never figure out why that one was so run-down. It is owned by the Santacroce Family like several other ones in the area including a shiny brand new one (well now it's several years old) in The Plainville Commons in Plainville.

Now that the Mall-at-Bristol Centre has been ripped down, the McDonald's will be torn down and relocated elsewhere on the mall property by whoever buys the property and redevelops it.

I don't really care for McDonald's that much. I usually prefer BK. At McD's I like their Fish Sandwich better than the one at BK. I also like their chicken nuggets. But their fries suck really bad. They used to have good fries, but they changed something at least 8 years ago and they suck. I prefer the fries at BK. I also like the fact that at BK you can get Onion Rings instead of Fires. Why doesn't McD's give you that choice?

Birdsong

I noticed the same thing about their fries. They are like cardbooard now...no taste,,,hard...I wonder what happened?

patk

the RT 30 Mcdonalds in lancster pa
is now open! :cool:
it opened last monday!
oh and its open 24/7

NJxxJon

....do any of these McDees have descent wifi???????
JN

wwefan101

i recomend u dont go to this louction wich is  off exit 4 of 395 ther  service is way to slow      last time  i was atit i asked for oreos on my sunda cause i allways get it that way at websters  ther liike no we dont do that in a rude  tone    ift  in the webster ma oxford ma i recomend going to the one in webster    i like the fact they got 2 lanes now

Marc82

All the  MCds are slow. My friends and I were at the one on Route 10 in Southington. Conn one Friday afternoon. It was very busy. Lines were long. Only one cash register open and the person running the register was also helping make the food.

wwefan101

the one in my town of webster ma is  fast

FearlessSwan

A small-town looking McDonald's located on Post Road East in Westport, CT on Rt. 1. This location doesn't feature a drive-thru.

This one was originally a Roy Rogers. I was in it once as a McD's and it was pretty dirty and nasty.

FearlessSwan

Stamford, CT downtown

richway987

i just got finished eating one of those southern style chicken sandwiches, it was pretty good:yup:

Crawford

Ahhh, McDonalds. This place is a hoot. Everytime I go my order is invariably botched. I mean how hard is it to make hamburgers no onions. OK, before this gets bumped to the complaints....does this place still do the birthday parties? I remember going to one years ago and they had reserved the back of the place for the party. Ronald himself put in an appearance and the guy playing him actually looked like his commercial counterpart. On another note I've noticed a lot of them have been being remodeled or rebuilt.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

TRU7536

Did anyone know that the first franchised McDonald's in CT was in Hamden, on Dixwell Ave. Read that while at Barnes and Noble!

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
this McDonald's is on the boardwalk in wildwood NJ near morey's piers.

That McDonals isnt there anymore.......
JN

Lastdaysofrain

QuoteOriginally posted by NJxxJon
QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
this McDonald's is on the boardwalk in wildwood NJ near morey's piers.

That McDonals isnt there anymore.......

That closed fast than, the names on the theatre marquee next door are Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder and Star Wars Clone Wars.  Did they close and demolish the place within the last two weeks?