what will

Started by d_fife, June 14, 2008, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

what will mall security do when someone is taking pictures? Tell them to stop or leave? (most likely)

C. Fontaine

When I was at the now defunct Worcester Common Outlets I was just told "Hey, no pictures" and that was the end of it.  They didn't grab my camera or anything.  I usually use my cell phone camera to get interior pictures of stores and whatnot.

dmx10101

I work in loss prevention/security in Kohls. I know if I see someone taking pictures I don't say nothing unless I think they are taking them for competitive purposes. I've taken pictures inside of stores/malls before, if I'm using a regular camera I just wait to take pics until not many people are around and I never use the flash inside. I have a really good cell phone camera, so I just use that for interior shots as it doesn't draw any attention if you do it right. A lot of LP/security people at stores & malls won't even care if you're taking pics unless its a disturbance, or if the store/mall has a posted not pictures policy. I've never heard of one taking a persons camera away.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

Havent had any problems  ----EXCEPT being denied by an owner on a phone if I could snap some shots in an old building -which is STILL an old building. :hurt:
JN