Shop Rite

Started by Caldor1999, April 08, 2005, 02:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Quote from: Retail Regents on October 30, 2023, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on October 29, 2023, 05:55:18 PMJust noted that this wasn't posted.

ShopRite (Wakefern via their subsidiary ShopRiteStores) has decided to close all 5 locations in the greater Albany NY area.

These stores have been opened over the last 12 years, after then member Big V closed the original stores in the Albany area back in the 1980's.

Stores are in Niskayuna, Albany, Colonie, Slingerlands and North Greenbush (The most recent, opening in late 2017).

They will be closing by December 9th, starting with 30% off all remaining items as of today 10/29.  Some sections were already cleared out (such as health & beauty).

The next closest store in Hudson will remain open, as will the PriceRite location in Schenectady (both predate these other stores opening).

This was posted about last week in the "Stores Shutting Down This Year...." thread, as I would do when any business shuts its doors, however there are a few things I would like to add:

- Another ShopRite is closing - in Ellenville, as its lease will not be renewed. This closure is expected to take place effective in the summer of 2024.

- I find it highly concerning how the Price Rite of Schenectady is operating on its own in the region, especially after the closing of the Queensbury store a few years back, and that they may choose to close it in the future.

OOPS - too many pages ;)

One thing that was mentioned is that they have PriceRite stores further west in the state.  This one would be a fairly quick side trip off the Thruway (via 890 which exits onto 7 right by the plaza), so not hard to get to when heading that way.

Also, to note that it existed before the ShopRite locations opened (though, as you note they had Queensbury which was much farther out of the way then).

Unless they were also to think about opening others under that brand sometime in the future in the area (which they do exist in other areas as well, such as over into MA, that ShopRite itself doesn't)...