Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the vacant bradlees in new city ny as of july 22, 2006. the building is in not very good shape.

new city store

d_fife

the vacant bradlees in new city ny as of july 22, 2006. the building is in not very good shape.

new city store

sign of new city store

d_fife

here is the bradlees labelscar on the side of marshalls in danbury CT, it is somewhat visable. but the wal-mart is in the old bradlees. i'd say that the marshalls was the old stop and shop, I saw one up the road.

d_fife

here is the bradlees labelscar on the side of marshalls in danbury CT, it is somewhat visable. but the wal-mart is in the old bradlees. i'd say that the marshalls was the old stop and shop, I saw one up the road.

danbury label scar on building

d_fife

danbury label scar on building

what is now the bradlees in danbury

d_fife

as of july 21, 2006 here is what is now the bradlees in waterbury Ct on chase st and there are no remains of the bradlees at all

d_fife

as of july 21, 2006 here is what is now the bradlees in waterbury Ct on chase st and there are no remains of the bradlees at all

more of what will be what was bradlees in waterbury chase st

d_fife

more of what will be what was bradlees in waterbury chase st

sign: THERE IS NO BRADLEES SIGN AS IT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY TARGET!!!

d_fife

side of what is now the old bradlees in waterbury ct on  Reidville Dr and the store was 69,000 sq.ft. and opened 1966. when my mom, grandma and cousin went to pennsylvania in 1994, I remember seeing this from the highway.

d_fife

side of what is now the old bradlees in waterbury ct on  Reidville Dr and the store was 69,000 sq.ft. and opened 1966. when my mom, grandma and cousin went to pennsylvania in 1994, I remember seeing this from the highway.

more of old  Reidville Dr store

d_fife

more of old  Reidville Dr store

more of what is now the  Reidville Dr store.

d_fife

here is what is now the former bradlees in east hartford Ct in this mall on I was on one to two miles west of the manchester Ct line and it  closed 10 yrs ago and was 82,000 sq.ft.

d_fife

here is what is now the former bradlees in east hartford Ct in this mall on I was on one to two miles west of the manchester Ct line and it  closed 10 yrs ago and was 82,000 sq.ft.

old east hartford store.

d_fife

what is now in the newington CT store

d_fife

here is what is now the bradlees in bristol CT

XISMZERO

Hey d_fife, check Page 16 (http://69.93.241.194/~amesfan/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10&page=16) for the construction photos of the Chase Ave. Target and the old former Bradlees sign. Did they take it down yet?

By the way, nice job photographing the Hartford store. I was always too afraid to go there.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Hey d_fife, check Page 16 (http://69.93.241.194/~amesfan/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10&page=16) for the construction photos of the Chase Ave. Target and the old former Bradlees sign. Did they take it down yet?

By the way, nice job photographing the Hartford store. I was always too afraid to go there.

they did take the bradlees and sign down on chase ave waterbury one. when I went by the hartford one I went near bad neighorboods and locked my car door and rolled up my window. the store is identical to the one in roslindale.

Marc82

Yo! I'm so surprised to see the Target in Waterbury. Last I had heard the store was in the planning stages. Was Target open? This week's Target flier mentioned Grand Opening of 29 Stores Nationwide. Maybe this was one of them?

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Yo! I'm so surprised to see the Target in Waterbury. Last I had heard the store was in the planning stages. Was Target open? This week's Target flier mentioned Grand Opening of 29 Stores Nationwide. Maybe this was one of them?

It said it opens October 8, do any of you remember this bradlees. I saw pictures of it on earlier postings.

d_fife

vacant bradlees in hartford CT on park ave one mile west of downtown.

hartford one. the store is smaller than 100,000 sq.ft. it opened 1967 and is 65,000 sq.ft.

hartford one

hartford one

side of the bradlees in hartford CT

XISMZERO

Hey d_fife, kudos for getting to that vacant Bradlees on Park Street. I still won't go there mainly because that's a really dangerous/ugly area of Hartford. I did however recently give someone a ride home on Park St. but I didn't have my camera to stop by.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Hey d_fife, kudos for getting to that vacant Bradlees on Park Street. I still won't go there mainly because that's a really dangerous/ugly area of Hartford. I did however recently give someone a ride home on Park St. but I didn't have my camera to stop by.

one of my friends from the college who is from tolland is horrified I drove on park st as she says she would always avoid it. well I was not out out of car too long and there was this guy in the parking lot in a car and it was hard to say if he was watching me. when I drove through other parts of park st, I rolled up my windows and locked my doors; taht is what I do when I drove through rough areas. construction was done at one area of park ave. I found the area rough and few nearby streets.

back to Bradlees, this bradlees was probably dingy inside. I wonder what the lettering was like? ARe you surprised this was one of the stores where some items in the sale brochure was not available at. I bet the one in bridgeport CT is like this and roslindale (Which I have a picture of many posts above). I wodner what the inside was like?

Caldor1999

ddi that bradlees clsoe in 1996 or aim i thinking or anoutehr one but yea that bradlees looks evrey simaler to the one in new city ny only worse
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
ddi that bradlees clsoe in 1996 or aim i thinking or anoutehr one but yea that bradlees looks evrey simaler to the one in new city ny only worse

it closed when all the rest closed in early 2001. the one in new city closed in 2001 also. the one in newington CT and EAst HARTFOrd (where burlington coat is) closed in 1996 waves (Which seemed to be one of their worst years).

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

it closed when all the rest closed in early 2001. the one in new city closed in 2001 also. the one in newington CT and EAst HARTFOrd (where burlington coat is) closed in 1996 waves (Which seemed to be one of their worst years).
]

ahh  i was thiking of the east hartford one im suprized thougsh 2 ddient close in 1996 wih the way they look we also had a braldees near me that kida looked liek that it was in elms ford ny its now a sames i believe and it to was outdate and dingy
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Marc82

The one in Meriden closed in 1996 also.

d_fife

what is now in the old bradlees in middletown CT (it is in out in the middle of nowhere and in the stop and shop plaza and I heard it opened in 1993, was 92,000 sq.ft. and replaced an older store that opened in 1968)

d_fife

what is now in the old bradlees in middletown CT (it is in out in the middle of nowhere and in the stop and shop plaza and I heard it opened in 1993, was 92,000 sq.ft. and replaced an older store that opened in 1968) [/quote

what is now the newer bradlees in middletown ct

d_fife

what is now bradlees in meriden CT that closed in 1996  and was on the line of wallingford and 87,000 sq.ft. and opened 1986, 1987 or 1989.