Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
this bradlees was a costco and it opened in 1994 and closed in 1996 in the 2nd wave of closings it was about 97000 square feet.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137883563&subNum=10205000198

but why did the number of bradlees posts go down?
back to bradlees, more of the bradlees in paramus nj

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137883563&subNum=10205000198
The number of posts went down because I deleted those posts, therefore it took away from the post count.

this bradlees is in ramsey new jersey.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137886729&subNum=50205000044
what kind of posts got deleted?

now,. more bradlees in ramsey. interestng looking store.  the ramsey store became kohl's.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137886729&subNum=50205000044

d_fife

here is the bradlees in yonkers ny. it opened 1993 and is 130,000 or 140,000 square feet. the 2nd largets bradlees I belve and the largets bradlees was in new york city.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137889044&subNum=10214000034

d_fife

here is the bradlees in yonkers ny. it opened 1993 and is 130,000 or 140,000 square feet. the 2nd largets bradlees I belve and the largets bradlees was in new york city.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137889044&subNum=10214000034

more bradlees yonkers

d_fife

more bradlees yonkers

more bradlees in yonkers. teh store is macy's and/or burlington coat. i know it is burlington coat.

d_fife

here is the bradlees in fairfield CT. it is an old looking store and not too big and has the old school bradlees sign. must have been built in the 1960s.

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137810080&subNum=12209000265

a zoom out of the bradlees in fairfield ct

from http://www.siteride.com/srpl/p_snapshot.pl?lm=listing&resbox=1137810080&subNum=12209000265

closer pic of the bradlees in fairfield Ct. no pics of the one in bridgeport Ct were found, but it says the one in bridgeport was 62,000 square feet and part of it is Aj wright and the one in bridgeport was one of the stores were not all products were available.

this bradlees along with its stop and shop next door got converted into a more updated and larger stop and shop that is 75,000 square feet. the store got a grand reopening late last august and the proposal for this started in at latest 2003.

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
hears a sign to that bradlees i really likd teh way this store looked i bet its a Home Depot or a Wal Mart now
http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=10&pid=10220">
This Bradlee's is now a Burlington Coat Factory.  It's on Rt. 20 near the intersection of 146 in Worcester, MA.  Here's a picture I took today of the sign and the plaza.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
hears a sign to that bradlees i really likd teh way this store looked i bet its a Home Depot or a Wal Mart now
http://www.amesfanclub.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=10&pid=10220">
This Bradlee's is now a Burlington Coat Factory.  It's on Rt. 20 near the intersection of 146 in Worcester, MA.  Here's a picture I took today of the sign and the plaza.

cool pic i see they dident do much to  the old bradlees but any way i hate  Burlington Coat Factorythere so over priced they dont have anything good i just hope one day they GOB
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears more of the new city bradlees
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears a close up of the logo
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and hears a small sigh of the plazza
Caldor Forever!

Rayco7030

here is the bradlees in fairfield CT. it is an old looking store and not too big and has the old school bradlees sign. must have been built in the 1960s.

funny  but i remebre those old signs they were from a long time ago
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Rayco7030

funny  but i remebre those old signs they were from a long time ago

the one in westbrook maine kind of had that sign. I wonder when that bradlees in fairfield was built, maybe like 1960 something, probably 63 or 64 or 62 or 61.

storehistoryguy

You know I bet that is this store from Bradlees' old website.Click here.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy

You know I bet that is this store from Bradlees' old website.Click here.

yes it is the store from the old bradlees website.

KyleRF

does anyone have pics of the Bradlees in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey?

KyleRF

By the way, the Bradlees in Wayne, New Jersey is know a Kohl's.

Y'all forgot the one in Clifton, New Jersey too. That's a Kohl's as well. On Route 46 in West Paterson, there is a Kohl's there but before the Kohl's it was a Caldor.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by KyleRF
By the way, the Bradlees in Wayne, New Jersey is know a Kohl's.

Y'all forgot the one in Clifton, New Jersey too. That's a Kohl's as well. On Route 46 in West Paterson, there is a Kohl's there but before the Kohl's it was a Caldor.

kohls has gobbeld up sooo many former stores from Wards to pergamewnt bradlees to caldor
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Were the majority of former Bradlees' taken over or still sitting empty? I know that most became Wal-Mart, while others became The Home Depot or Kohl's. My nearest store is now a Giant.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Were the majority of former Bradlees' taken over or still sitting empty? I know that most became Wal-Mart, while others became The Home Depot or Kohl's. My nearest store is now a Giant.

who is this talking?

Some bradlees became STop and shops expanded store or space, some became TArget none became Kmart because Kmart went bankrupt a year before bradlees went. some got divided into smaller stores, some became junky discount stores. The smallest Bradlees was in Dennisport MAss, it was 37,000 square feet and is now a Ocean State Job Lots and looks like it was built in 1964 or 1965.  The cape cod stores were smaller. The one in burlington mass had a pizza hut in it. WHICH OTHERS HAD A pizza hut in it. I heard dorchester mass one on Morrissey Blvd did. IT was 5 years ago from this time  Bradlees closed its doors. BRadlees was known for its housewaears. There are some vacant  Bradlees out there! Like FOxboro mass is probably still vacant. the one in Concord nh will be torn down this spring to be built into Lowe's. I still cannot get over why Bradlees in Providence RI opened in MArch 1996 and it announced in August 1996 that it would be a part of 14 closings and it closed 2 months after that annoucement. why was it so short lived. they started opening new stores when they got out of bankruptcy, and one was scheduled to open around philadelphia in late 2000/early 2001, but the store fell through and when it would have opened was when Bradlees imploded.

Caldor1999

who is this talking?

Some bradlees became STop and shops expanded store or space, some became TArget none became Kmart because Kmart went bankrupt a year before bradlees went. some got divided into smaller stores, some became junky discount stores. The smallest Bradlees was in Dennisport MAss, it was 37,000 square feet and is now a Ocean State Job Lots and looks like it was built in 1964 or 1965.  The cape cod stores were smaller. The one in burlington mass had a pizza hut in it. WHICH OTHERS HAD A pizza hut in it. I heard dorchester mass one on Morrissey Blvd did. IT was 5 years ago from this time  Bradlees closed its doors. BRadlees was known for its housewaears. There are some vacant  Bradlees out there! Like FOxboro mass is probably still vacant. the one in Concord nh will be torn down this spring to be built into Lowe's. I still cannot get over why Bradlees in Providence RI opened in MArch 1996 and it announced in August 1996 that it would be a part of 14 closings and it closed 2 months after that annoucement. why was it so short lived. they started opening new stores when they got out of bankruptcy, and one was scheduled to open around philadelphia in late 2000/early 2001, but the store fell through and when it would have opened was when Bradlees imploded.

he same thing can be sed for caldor to there are only 10 bradlees still vacant foprm what i know
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

who is this talking?

he same thing can be sed for caldor to there are only 10 bradlees still vacant foprm what i know

WHAT, ONLY 10???????? Don't spoil the surprise though. I wonder why Stop and shop broke away from them.

Caldor1999

who is this talking?

WHAT, ONLY 10???????? Don't spoil the surprise though. I wonder why Stop and shop broke away from them.

sometimes compenys wanna go out on ther eown i think there uslay safe when they stay with a compnay 3 years after bradlees brioek away from stop&shop they were in bankrupsice teh same thing can be sed about Caldor and Venture to its sad but it happens
Caldor Forever!

Anonymous

Caldor1999, my local Kohl's is a former Clover, so they apparently have opened in the former locations of at least five dead chains. Before I read your post the only one you mentioned there that I knew they had opened in was Bradlees... Where are they in former Wards, Caldors, and Pergaments?

Caldor1999

Caldor1999, my local Kohl's is a former Clover, so they apparently have opened in the former locations of at least five dead chains. Before I read your post the only one you mentioned there that I knew they had opened in was Bradlees... Where are they in former Wards, Caldors, and Pergaments?

the only bradlees that was near me was the one in yonkers witch is now a stop&shop there was one in new city witch is still there there was one in Elmsford NY witch clsoed in 1996 and tahst all that was near me westchster was home more to caldor then bradlees
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
[Cool old store. And it has a different logo than the rest, anyone know why? Maybe this was some kind of prototype store at one point?

I remember this logo, it's an older Bradlees logo and i think that it was the same at the Lewiston store in Maine...  Inside the mall and maybe outside too.

i am just curious on what the lewiston store was like inside? I saw were it was and it is a cinema and chopped up into some other stores. was the bradlees in lewiston dumply looking inside and the outside looks like it was old. I realized it was built in 1973, but was it remodeled? I just wonder because the city lewiston is down and out. but the lettering was older and not like most, eh. what color was the wallpaper in the store? And was the store in lewiston dingy?

doid you know bradlees was in other parts of virginia, deleware, north carolina and maryland, but they were sold / closed in 1988. a couple were left in virgina in portsmouth and petersburg or whatever, but they closed in 1995.

powersbt

A While back, the location of this Bradlees was questioned, and no one was able to give an absolute answer. Seeing the whole picture this time, I can now confirm that this WAS the Bradlees that was in Sangertown Square, in New Hartford, NY. It looks to have been taken in the late '90s as the Bradlees is still open.

http://www.erock.org/albums/misc2000/Dad_at_Bradlees.jpg

Now here's my next question: Is Dad Pissed off or excited??

AmesNewington

This was the Bradlees in Newington CT. It was a Two Guys and Bradlees closed on October 19, 1996. It was demolished in early 2001 and Wal-Mart was built there.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
This was the Bradlees in Newington CT. It was a Two Guys and Bradlees closed on October 19, 1996. It was demolished in early 2001 and Wal-Mart was built there.

were did u get that pic from????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears mor eo fthe new city ny bradlees
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

anouther shot dose anyone know if this was another store before?
Caldor Forever!