Main Menu

Ames

Started by amesman, January 05, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storehistoryguy

Caldor1999

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this picture is sooooo funny :insane:
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76BraldorZayKamesfanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

Yeah that what was so great about Ames their humor was clever and casual but the company was serious about running their business and commitment to their customers.

Basically they were causual yet smart until they sadly made decisions that ended in putting them out of business.:(

yea heh  i do like that picture heh and ii do wish they were still around the 3rd anavrisrie is comming up of there GOB sales:(
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

storehistoryguy

I changed it.

Zayre88

Bob's Discount night view transformed back to what the original Ames night view looked like.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Bob's Discount night view transformed back to what the original Ames night view looked like.

col pic zayre:cool::) can u try one with a caldor if u can heh
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

col pic zayre:cool::) can u try one with a caldor if u can heh

Yesterday I went to Plattsburgh Ny and saw 2 vacant Ames on the same road. I heard they both operated until they closed!! I have a pictuer of these two Ames. I heard one was a Zayre and the other was Hills. The Zayre, said to be 75,000 square feet, now Ames was where the arrow that points site, and the HIll's now Ames was in the mall that is shown on the very left.

There was an Ames in the skyway plaza a couple miles away near downtown that closed in 1990. It had a few glass windows, so it must have been a king's before.

Why they kept the two Ames after the hill's acquision beats me.

amesman

I have a pic of the Plattsburgh Hills/Ames at Champlain Centre North mall. I'll post it later when I get it resized...hehe

amesman

Here's the pic of the former Hills/Ames at Champlain Centre North, in Plattsburgh, NY.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the pic of the former Hills/Ames at Champlain Centre North, in Plattsburgh, NY.

I saw it yesterday, but I did not see the outline of the lettering of Hills.

I hope you have more Ames pictures that you can post.

amesman

Here's another pic of the Plattsburgh, NY Champlan Centre Ames.

amesman

And, here's one more, and the last of the pictures I have for this location.

storehistoryguy

A former Hills? It reminds me of a Caldor because many Caldors had the doors on the side.

amesman

Yes, this was a former Hills location. Became Ames in 98, and closed in 2002 of course. Didn't last long as an Ames.

storehistoryguy

Caldor1999

tryu calling your fomer ames i did but i got nothing:(:(:( damn u hannaford!!!!!!! lol
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Ames closing. :(

that AMes was in saco maine. it was torn down and rebuilt into a larger and more modern Shaw's (it relocated from another and older part of the plaza)

I saw the outline of the lettering of Ames in East Greenbush NY. I saw that the one in Chicopee is Ocean state job lots. the one in plymouth nh (in my town) is becoming marshalls.

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by storehistoryguy
Ames closing. :(

that AMes was in saco maine. it was torn down and rebuilt into a larger and more modern Shaw's (it relocated from another and older part of the plaza)

I saw the outline of the lettering of Ames in East Greenbush NY. I saw that the one in Chicopee is Ocean state job lots. the one in plymouth nh (in my town) is becoming marshalls.

I'm guessing its a former Zayre. It looks like it.

Caldor1999

hears my drawing of a new ames logo i still kida keeped the orgale look but with a lil something diffrent

i also made a Zayer logo to heh
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

hears my drawing of a new ames logo i still kida keeped the orgale look but with a lil something diffrent

It would be better if it was spelled right: ZAYRE and in the Zayre thread ;)

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by niggakramer
Learn to spell "Zayre", moron.

We don't insult here at the Ames Forum. Just tell Cal about his typo without insulting him.

Caldor1999

It would be better if it was spelled right: ZAYRE and in the Zayre thread ;)

lol i get the r and the e mixed up lol sorry about that guys i remake it
Caldor Forever!

amesman

Hey, watch the insults! If you keep making those type of remarks, you won't be here long. Sorry, but that's our rules.

Caldor1999

o i dident nodice this post lol i guess i have better things to do with my time then look at a dumb post like that

and your gonna get in torble if u post more stuff like that
Caldor Forever!

DutchessMallMan

Hello Everyone! This is my first log in and offical posting so please bear with me... Anyways, I have recently traveled up the North Woods area of New Hampsire and discovered to untouched and 1980's style Ames. One was in Lancaster, NH on Route 2 near the Vermont/Canada Border. The other store was located off route 3 in Conway, NH. The Conway store I was able to catch serval photos of, the other store I was out of film, and ironically because Ames closed there was not another department store for 45 miles near Lancaster. The Lancaster store however was very 80's and deffinitely was not updated since the mid-late 1980's. It had red shopping carts on the side of the building in the weeds matching the red decor of the Ames inside and out. I am assuming the red carts were old Ames carts. I may be going up to the North Woods again soon, if so I will deffinitely get some awsome pictures for everyone. The Lancaster store is a gold mine of "Hayday" vintage Ames artifacts. This Ames obviously will be there probably for some time, because theres no competition in the area to take over the customers or property. This was probably one of Ames most profitable locations because Sprawl-Mart didn't compete with it. Anyways, as I figure out how to upload pics I will put those pictures on the blog. :)

DutchessMallMan

Here is that North Conway Ames, 1 0ut of 3.

DutchessMallMan

DutchessMallMan

DutchessMallMan

Thats all the pictures I have of the North Conway store. I'll keep everyone posted when I get the pictures of the Lancaster store. :)

Caldor1999

wow nice pictures that ames looks to be keeped up to date
Caldor Forever!