Main Menu

Ames

Started by amesman, January 05, 2005, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

Well I think Dan has us all beat when it comes to seeing the most Ames locations!

Amesdepartmentstores

here is the ames in augusta me  drawing:saint::saint:

amesman

Here's the old Troy, New York store. It was Bradlees before being Ames(like the Latham store), and is now a Big Lots.

amesman

Here's the former Ames in Latham. Formerly Bradlees, now a Bon Ton.

dmx10101

There was a Ames were I lived in Jacksonville, FL, it was a former Zayre's store. I dont remember it that well though. I know my dad worked for that Zayres when he was younger.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

dmx10101

As acting ceo of Team Products International, retailing veteran Joe Ettore would like to see the company expand its array of licensed goods in hardware, automotive and housewares while simultaneously exploring new licensing opportunities.

Ettore, the former ceo of Ames and more recently a consultant with Focus Management Group, took over as interim ceo at TPI in August. The company hired Ettore to assist with a financial turnaround and restructuring to better meet customer needs.

"We have terrific licenses," said Ettore of TPI's lines that include products under the brands Coleman, Sunbeam, Emerson and Rawlings.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

d_fife

I took these pictures myself and digitized them.

1. top. Vacant 80,000 sq.ft. Ames in Dedham mass that was 80,000 sq.ft. I took this picture in 2003.

2. below the top picture - vacant Ames in Woburn mass and was a zayre. It relocated to fromer caldor in stoneham. I took this picture in 2000.

3. bottom, sign saying they moved to stoneham. the woburn location and I took this picture in 2000.

C. Fontaine

Nice one D Fife:) Could you send me these full size pictures?

Rayco7030

QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101
There was a Ames were I lived in Jacksonville, FL, it was a former Zayre's store. I dont remember it that well though. I know my dad worked for that Zayres when he was younger.

a zayre in florida????
Ames,King's,Mars,Two-Guys,Bradlees,
Caldor,Steigers,Wt Grant,Zayre,Woolco,
Woolworth,Sears,K-Mart,JC Penny,Target,
Wal-Mart,Child World,Pondersoa,Shop Rite
,Big Y,Winn-Dixie.Syop And Shop,Toys R Us
,Arby's,Howard Johnson's,Holiday Inn
,Sheraton Inn,Double D Dairy Bar,
Friendly's,Dunkin Dounuts,Wendy's,
Burger King.MCdonald's

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by Rayco7030
QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101

a zayre in florida????

Yep there were Zayres in Florida.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

beachgal26

I also used to shop at a Zayre that became an Ames while we lived in Kissimmee, FL.  We lived there from 1985-1992 and it was closed by the time that we moved, but I remember it well and loved to shop on Tuesdays since it was full of senior citizens and a great time to shop with a toddler!

;)

patk

the ames/hills in Lancaster PA
closed in 02 now a LAfitness :(

d_fife

ames in cambridge ohio that was a Zayre

AmesNewington1

AmesNewington1

This is the former Rocky Hill CT location, now being used as a Porter and Chester Institute. Sad to see this location go, however they only replaced the Ames logo with theirs. The storefront is the same. I wonder what the inside looks like.

C. Fontaine

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
ames Lewiston me as of march 4, 2006.

Lewiston Ames as of november 2007, pretty ugly...

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
what is now in the old ames / hill's in north olmsted ohio

Actually, the Hills in North Olmsted is about half a mile away...

* Hills/Ames was demolished to build the new Tops store, which is now vacant, as the company has pulled out of Ohio. The building's on the Brookpark Road Extension, across from Guitar Center. It was one of the tall-front/shingle-roof building styles.
* VCF/HHGregg was once Michael's Crafts/Dick's Sporting Goods. Michael's closed, and DSG moved across the street to be a new anchor for Great Northern Mall. Prior to DSG, the building housed a Rini-Rego Stop-n-Shop Supermarket, which moved down the road to a brand-new Giant Eagle location.
* The old Finast/Tops location is now home to Remington College.

patk

east Market St York pa ames/hills

Carlisle Rd York pa ames/hills

Gateway Dr Mechanicsburg pa Zayres/Ames
thats all i got of maps live :cool:

Great Eastern

I was cleaning out our backroom closet and came across these old Ames Pocket Pack tissues.

http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002994827472654427">http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/49454/2002994827472654427_rs.jpg" alt="Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com"/>

I remember buying a case of these when they were doing the liquidation sale after the Out of Business sale and the store was closed to the regular public. This was at the store in Newton, NJ.  Got a whole case of these for 3 bucks !  Shelving units were cheap too at 25 a peice.  I bought 3 of those for storage in my garage.

Still got 10 packs of these.

patk

the Lutherville-Timonium md ames as of 4/6/08

:yup:

C. Fontaine

Nice!! Thanks PatK!

patk

thax :yup:
its so creepy looking after yrs of being Closed
if anyone is going there is a sign on the back :yup:

C. Fontaine

Haha, I haven't grabbed a new receiving sign since Meriden, CT.  I don't think I have the gas money these days!

Anonymous

its patk im in va beach now im 2 mins form the va beach ames it looks good :) pics will come soon!

C. Fontaine

Nice!  I haven't been there since I went to South Carolina!

patk

pick 1 the va beach ames as of 5/18 still there 4 now :huh:
pick 2 the Edsall Rd ames in Alexandria as of 5/18 now condos :hurt:
pick 3 the Norfolk  ames as of 5/18 now a Kroger :bigsmile:

thats all cya :yup:

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by patk
pick 1 the va beach ames as of 5/18
pick 2 the Edsall Rd ames as of 5/18
pick 3 the Norfolk  ames as of 5/18

thats all cya :yup:

IMG 2 ....is????
JN

patk

pic 2 was the Edsall Rd ames in Alexandria
my 1st ames as a kid :hurt:
now condos :holysh:

C. Fontaine

Nice patk!  I'll put these in the photo gallery in a bit.  Shame to see your Ames has turned into some condos!