Access Issues for some

Started by BillyGr, January 16, 2020, 10:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Just FYI - From this posting on another forum, it seems some are having issues accessing the Ames Fan Club Forums - perhaps someone in charge can check on this and/or get in touch with those folks to see what is causing the problems (since others have no issues)?

https://retailregents.createaforum.com/miscellaneous/ames-fan-club-forum/?topicseen

NJxxJon

....on our board RIGHT HERE.....or THAT board?????? Confused....
JN

BillyGr

Quote from: NJxxJon on January 17, 2020, 07:49:39 PM
....on our board RIGHT HERE.....or THAT board?????? Confused....

Those posting on that board were doing so as they were unable to access the amesfanclub forums, which is why they asked someone who could access this forum to pass the info along to someone who could possibly see why they weren't able to access this forum while others can do so.

retailfan

i had issues when i first tried to log in  i then tried again and it let me  not sure why though

TheFugitive

I was one of the ones having the issue.

I got a new release of Malwarebytes, and after it was installed it blocked my access to the Ames Fan Club website (and by extension this chat board), putting up a message which said this site was determined to be a phishing threat.

I have no idea why that could be the case as neither the homepage nor this board asks users to give any personal information (aside from the time they are signing-up for an account).

It bears looking into as likely this site is being blocked for everyone out there who runs Malwarebytes.
It took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to work around that (you can create your own exception
list for sites you want to go to, even though the software insists they will harm your computer).