Forever 21 files for bankruptcy; up to 178 stores to close

Started by retailisking, September 29, 2019, 10:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRU7536

The list came out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/heres-a-map-of-the-forever-21-stores-set-to-close.html

3 of them are in CT:

1. Stamford Town Center: not shocked as this mall is dying a slow death. With SoNo set to open in Norwalk this month, many stores have left Stamford. J. Crew, Armani Exchange, Ann Taylor, Gymboree, Charlotte Russe, Payless ShoeSource, The Walking Co., Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma all have closed this year. The mall has stated new stores have opened, but they're all crappy no name brand stores. They're becoming Buckland when Evergreen opened.

2. Meriden Square Mall:  Another no shocker.

3. Danbury Fair Mall:  I have read about this mall and the stores around it. They're always first on stores to close in first round.

AmesNewington

Quote from: TRU7536 on October 01, 2019, 02:53:36 PM
The list came out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/01/heres-a-map-of-the-forever-21-stores-set-to-close.html

3 of them are in CT:

1. Stamford Town Center: not shocked as this mall is dying a slow death. With SoNo set to open in Norwalk this month, many stores have left Stamford. J. Crew, Armani Exchange, Ann Taylor, Gymboree, Charlotte Russe, Payless ShoeSource, The Walking Co., Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma all have closed this year. The mall has stated new stores have opened, but they're all crappy no name brand stores. They're becoming Buckland when Evergreen opened.

2. Meriden Square Mall:  Another no shocker.

3. Danbury Fair Mall:  I have read about this mall and the stores around it. They're always first on stores to close in first round.

Feel sorry for the Meriden Mall. Yet another loss. Maybe they should close the mall and create an outdoor plaza with stores that want to remain.

I don't see the Westfarms one going until the entire chain goes. That mall is always busy.

danfifepsu

Mall of America 1 is closing. Ok thats a bad sign as thats a busy mall. I have been there.  Will Forever 21 make it? Most cases the chain eventually fold.