14 Farmington Bank/People's United Bank branches to close as result of merger

Started by giantsfan2016, November 06, 2018, 08:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

As mentioned previously Farmington Bank and People's United Bank have merged. As a result 14 branches will close between January 24 and 26, 2019.

The List from The Hartford Courant Tuesday November 6, 2018 Page A-10

Farmington Bank:

1. Gable's Retirement Community - Devonwood Drive Farmington
2. Village Gate Retirement Community - Scott Swamp Road Farmington
3. 962  Farmington Ave Elmwood (West Hartford)
4. 299 West Middle Turnpike Manchester (Brand new. As in just opened in 2018)
5. 136 Talcotville Road Vernon
6. 129 New Britain Avenue Plainville
7. 427 West Avon Road Avon
8. 486 Silas Deane Highway Wethersfield
9. 782 Park Avenue Bloomfield
10. 1095 Main Street Newington
11. 957 Main Street East Hartford
12. 366 Cromwell Avenue Rocky Hill

People's United Bank:
1. 27 East Main Street Avon
2. 812 Queen Street Southington

*Note: The article says 15 branches total, but one is listed twice. 962 Farmington Avenue Elmwood is also listed as 962 Farmington Ave West Hartford. Same town.

AmesNewington

We got a mailing that the 176 Newington Road, Elmwood location (Stop and Shop plaza) was closing too. We got this notice because that is where my dad opened an account, even though the Newington location is the branch we now use. So maybe they changed their mind on the Newington Road location. However, Peoples is already in the Stop and Shop in that plaza.

giantsfan2016

Then it most likely was a mistake on the part of the newspaper. My Mom got a similar note from People's United. She opened her account at People United at 812 Queen Street and she uses it quite often because it's really close to where we live, but she's also a semi-regular at the branch inside the Pine Street Stop and Shop in Forestvillle (Bristol) as that's one of our regular grocery stores. One in a while she uses the one at the Stop and Shop in Southington, but not very often because we frequent the Pine Street Stop and Shop more often.

AmesNewington

Quote from: Brammy on November 07, 2018, 10:54:57 AM
Then it most likely was a mistake on the part of the newspaper. My Mom got a similar note from People's United. She opened her account at People United at 812 Queen Street and she uses it quite often because it's really close to where we live, but she's also a semi-regular at the branch inside the Pine Street Stop and Shop in Forestvillle (Bristol) as that's one of our regular grocery stores. One in a while she uses the one at the Stop and Shop in Southington, but not very often because we frequent the Pine Street Stop and Shop more often.

I would think it was a mistake, because the Farmington Bank on Farmington Ave in West Hartford is NOT technically Elmwood. Also, Stop and Shop on Farmington Ave. is a small, older store with NO People's branch inside, so it would make sense to keep that location open. My dad is probably going to switch to another bank or credit union after the switch because he does not want to deal with People's. He'll give them a chance.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: AmesNewington on November 07, 2018, 08:04:47 AM
We got a mailing that the 176 Newington Road, Elmwood location (Stop and Shop plaza) was closing too. We got this notice because that is where my dad opened an account, even though the Newington location is the branch we now use. So maybe they changed their mind on the Newington Road location. However, Peoples is already in the Stop and Shop in that plaza.

There was a correction in the Hartford Courant today that 176 Newington Road was omitted from the list.