The Fresh Market closing 15 stores in 9 states

Started by retailisking, July 09, 2018, 04:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

Including their only New Hampshire location (pictured) which faced competition from a Whole Foods that opened nearby two years ago

http://www.theshelbyreport.com/2018/07/09/fresh-market-closing-15-stores/

Zayre88

The 15 stores that are closing are:

Snellville, Ga
North Druid HIlls, Ga.
Peoria, IL
Normal, IL
Glen Ellyn, IL
Lincolnshire, IL
Fishers, IN
Louisville, KY
North Charlotte, NC
Bedford, NH
Hendersonville, TN
Winchester, VA
Charlottesville, VA
Brookfield, WI
Fox Point, WI

TheFugitive

Their store near me is in an absolutely horrible location.

It is right at the intersection of two very busy roads.  They have a captive parking lot that can
only be entered from the eastbound side of one of the roads.  It cannot be entered directly
from US 19, which is the main road giving the most visibility. It is virtually impossible to make
a left either into or out of this lot during busy traffic times, and you take your life in your
hands if you attempt to do so.  Whoever chose this location did not do their due-diligence with
traffic studies.

Trader Joe's and Whole Foods have opened nearby, and Fresh Thyme has just come to this market.
I have to wonder how long it will be until this store ends up on a closing list.

dmx10101

The Snellville store was built from the ground up and opened in March 2016 and is already closing. I went by it last week and every was 30% off and the store was pretty full of merchandise. I went today and it was already closed and the sign was taken down off the building..that was quick! There's no way they sold everything that was left when I went in a week!
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org