Road Construction forces Bristol, Connecticut Sonic to close permanently

Started by giantsfan2016, December 28, 2018, 07:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

The Bristol, Connecticut Sonic is closing for good on Saturday December 29th. When it opened in 2014 it did really well, but 2 1/2 years of road construction on US Route 6 (Farmington Ave) caused sales to plummet. This Sonic located in a former Arby's  was one of two in the state of Connecticut with a dining room. The road construction was supposed to be finished in November 2018, but due to some colossal f**k up, it's now been pushed back to Summer of 2019.

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-Bristol+News/341682/sonic-to-shut-down-bristol-location-saturday

danfifepsu

Quote from: Brammy on December 28, 2018, 07:50:17 AM
The Bristol, Connecticut Sonic is closing for good on Saturday December 29th. When it opened in 2014 it did really well, but 2 1/2 years of road construction on US Route 6 (Farmington Ave) caused sales to plummet. This Sonic located in a former Arby's  was one of two in the state of Connecticut with a dining room. The road construction was supposed to be finished in November 2018, but due to some colossal f**k up, it's now been pushed back to Summer of 2019.

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-Bristol+News/341682/sonic-to-shut-down-bristol-location-saturday

they should realize thats a short term thing and stay open, Road Construction is my arch enemy with driving as I can become a prisoner on the road, and they do road work when there is all the traffic, and people merge at the last minute.
Thats a crappy reason and doesnt desrve it.

giantsfan2016

A friend of mine had this to say.

"They can blame the road construction all they want, but the service sucked and the food was mediocre."

esw01407

Basically due to the Sears closing at the Wyoming Valley Mall and something complicated with the lease, we lost Sonic Wilkes-Barre. It's setting empty for 9 months now. Scranton closed too, and has been sold to become a Taco Bell.

danfifepsu

Quote from: Brammy on December 28, 2018, 09:53:00 PM
A friend of mine had this to say.

"They can blame the road construction all they want, but the service sucked and the food was mediocre."

they closed SONIC in LAwrence Mass (That lasted 2 years) and in Wilmington Mass. I havent eaten at a Sonic in 2-3 yrs now. they took forever to serve.