WADL/Detroit drops Antenna TV

Started by ynkeesfn82, September 18, 2015, 01:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

A Facebook Page that keeps up with the comings and goings of TV Networks, Digi-Nets, etc has announced that WADL/Detroit has dropped Antenna TV.

From The TeeVee Guyd:

WADL Detroit has dropped Antenna TV from its 38.4 subchannel. This leaves the #13 market without the network. The writing was on the wall when WADL demoted Antenna TV from 38.2 to 38.4 a few months ago. This creates a hole for Antenna TV in carriage within the Top 20 largest markets.

Hudsons81

Just checked and noticed that it was now carrying the Word Network, returning that network to WADL's subchannels since it was dropped a while back.

Let's see if another station in Detroit will add Antenna TV.

Pikapower

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

TheFugitive

Rumor is that WADL will be history as soon as the FCC holds their Spectrum Auction and
the various cell companies begin bidding for that frequency in a Top Ten market.

The owner has already indicated that he is going to accept.  Reportedly he will fetch
a huge price due to the market size.

Still waiting for AntennaTV to show up here in Pittsburgh.

Hudsons81

Quote from: TheFugitive on September 21, 2015, 10:51:29 AMRumor is that WADL will be history as soon as the FCC holds their Spectrum Auction and
the various cell companies begin bidding for that frequency in a Top Ten market.

We haven't been in the Top Ten in like ten years. We're still in the Top 20 though.

TheFugitive

Quote from: Hudsons81 on September 21, 2015, 12:17:37 PM
Quote from: TheFugitive on September 21, 2015, 10:51:29 AMRumor is that WADL will be history as soon as the FCC holds their Spectrum Auction and

We haven't been in the Top Ten in like ten years. We're still in the Top 20 though.

Wow, did not realize that.  I remember when Pittsburgh was a Top Ten market and we're now #26.

Though I understand another 40,000 people have bugged out of Flint since I lived there.