Adam 12, Dragnet, Murder She Wrote coming to COZI TV in January

Started by ynkeesfn82, December 10, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Adam 12, Dragnet, and Murder She wrote are all coming to COZI TV this coming January. Adam 12 and Dragnet will debut on the NBC owned Classic TV Network on January 5th. Murder She Wrote will begin January 2nd. Adam 12 and Dragnet will be leaving ME-TV  on December 31st. Reportedly the contract with COZI TV is for 2 years.

Some COZI affiliates include:

WVIT 30.2 Hartford, Connecticut (NBC O&O)
WNBC 4.2 NYC (NBC O&O)
WRC 4.2 DC (NBC O&O)
KNBC 4.2 LA (NBC O&O)
WTVJ 6.2 Miami (NBC O&O)
WMFP 62.1 and 62.2 Boston (Titan TV)

For more info: http://www.cozitv.com/

Hudsons81

I'll miss looking at the background scenery in the street scenes on Adam-12 and Dragnet and looking at all those retail and restaurant chains that had locations in Los Angeles in the 60's and 70's.

Also, we don't even have COZI here in Detroit, although we do have a cable-only Me TV entire national feed affiliate.

TheFugitive

WBGN in Pittsburgh keeps running promos for COZI-TV.  No idea on which of their four
subchannels it will run.  

Right now they are running Movies! on 59.2.  Despite the fact that all of their promos
say it is on 59.1.   59.3 and 59.1 are currently simulcasting RetroTV.  59.4 is the
Live Well Network, which is going away soon.  No idea how the shuffle will work out,
but I will enjoy having COZI as an option.

Are you talking about the original 1950's Dragnet, or the revival series from the late 60's?
RetroTV has been running the original.  I was highly disappointed that they had cut out the
iconic "dum, de dum dum" theme music and replaced it with something in the public domain.

Hudsons81

Quote from: TheFugitive on December 10, 2014, 02:42:15 PM
Are you talking about the original 1950's Dragnet, or the revival series from the late 60's?
RetroTV has been running the original.  I was highly disappointed that they had cut out the
iconic "dum, de dum dum" theme music and replaced it with something in the public domain.

The version shown on Me TV is the 1960's revival. The "dum, de dum dum" theme is intact there.

Hudsons81

Well, they're officially on COZI now.

And I found out that COZI actually exists here in Detroit on AT&T Uverse. Dragnet is at 11 PM on weeknights and Adam-12 noon weekdays. It's a shame that they aren't airing back-to-back from 3 to 5 PM so that I can quickly switch over to Me TV and watch Emergency! at 5 PM.

ynkeesfn82

COZI has poorly edited Adam 12. They're going to commercials at strange times such as in mid-scene (like TVLAND does with their shows). They also edited out the closing credits.

I can't wait for COZI's 2 year contract runs out and Adam 12 goes back to either Antenna TV or ME-TV. (It's been on both).

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on January 11, 2015, 10:44:59 AM
COZI has poorly edited Adam 12. They're going to commercials at strange times such as in mid-scene (like TVLAND does with their shows). They also edited out the closing credits.

I can't wait for COZI's 2 year contract runs out and Adam 12 goes back to either Antenna TV or ME-TV. (It's been on both).

I've noticed that too.

The timing of the commercial breaks during Dragnet has also been less-than-optimal.

In addition, with the less-than-optimal timing for the commercials on COZI, fade-ins and fade-outs where commercials were supposed to be put in (and were actually utilized by Me TV) are highly visible. Fortunately, the closing credits and the "dum, de dum dum" theme are fully intact.

I'm sure that with all these edits...soon, the Jack Webb Estate will be wanting out of that contract early, like how Yahoo is currently wanting out of their current ten-year contract with Microsoft.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Hudsons81 on December 10, 2014, 02:42:03 PM
Also, we don't even have COZI here in Detroit, although we do have a cable-only Me TV entire national feed affiliate.

Wait a sec...we do have COZI over-the-air. It's on the 20.2 subchannel of the Scripps-owned WMYD and has been since 2013.

TheFugitive

COZI has poorly edited Adam 12. They're going to commercials at strange times such as in mid-scene (like TVLAND does with their shows).

One Adam Twelve...see the man at......HEY, are you looking for some really GREAT DEALS
on catheters?.......
;D

Hudsons81

Quote from: TheFugitive on January 12, 2015, 08:18:38 AM
COZI has poorly edited Adam 12. They're going to commercials at strange times such as in mid-scene (like TVLAND does with their shows).

One Adam Twelve...see the man at......HEY, are you looking for some really GREAT DEALS
on catheters?.......
;D

And there's this as well.

It was Tuesday, January 12th, it was fair in Los Angeles. The boss is Captain Hugh Brown. My partner's Bill Gannon. My name's...If you or a person you know was injured as he or she was driving a GM vehicle affected by the recent recalls, call us today at 1-800-555-5-LAW.

Hudsons81

Well, guess what...

Last night, the closing credits of Dragnet were also cut, even more severely than Adam-12.

TheFugitive

COZI-TV officially launched in Pittsburgh last night on WBGN-TV 59.1 and 66.1.

New lineup for that station is:

COZI   59.1 (66.1)
Movies!   59.2 (66.2)
Retro TV   59.3 (66.3)

59.4 has gone dark, the Live Well Network having been pulled.

Still hoping someone locally will pick up Antenna TV.

Hudsons81

For those of you on AT&T Uverse, COZI has completely edited out the final minute of tonight's second half of the Dragnet hour.

At the end of the episode with the Crimson Crusader, during the "the story you've just seen is true, the names were changed to protect the innocent" screen, COZI immediately cut to a commercial break. AT&T Uverse viewers never got to see the fate of the Crimson Crusader, as COZI never rejoined Dragnet and instead went straight to an episode of The Lone Ranger.

TheFugitive

On February 8, the California District Court, operating in and for the County of Los Angeles, found the suspect guilty of violation of the Quinn Martin Act by vandalizing a presentation or dramatization and destroying the resolution of a plotline in the process.  An offense punishable by a term of not less than three, nor more than five years confinement in the Tony Soprano State Institute for Unresolved Cliffhangers in Chino, California.

ynkeesfn82

It took four months for COZI to run through all the episodes of Adam 12. They started over again today May 6th with the first episode. I don't know if there were any pre-emptions on the network, but there were a couple here on local WVIT here in the Hartford, Connecticut market due to Non-Stop Snow Coverage on WVIT's main 30.1 channel with them bouncing Days of our Lives over to COZI on 30.2 because WVIT airs "Days" at Noon instead of 1PM.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on May 06, 2015, 11:35:42 AM
It took four months for COZI to run through all the episodes of Adam 12. They started over again today May 6th with the first episode. I don't know if there were any pre-emptions on the network, but there were a couple here on local WVIT here in the Hartford, Connecticut market due to Non-Stop Snow Coverage on WVIT's main 30.1 channel with them bouncing Days of our Lives over to COZI on 30.2 because WVIT airs "Days" at Noon instead of 1PM.

None of the episodes were preempted here at all-that's because I was watching them on the national feed that shares channel space with FETV on Uverse.

Really need to try to make a free homemade antenna so that I can continue watching Dragnet on WMYD 20.2-it has moved to 11 AM, which on Uverse is occupied by FETV programming.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: Hudsons81 on May 06, 2015, 12:05:02 PM
Really need to try to make a free homemade antenna so that I can continue watching Dragnet on WMYD 20.2-it has moved to 11 AM, which on Uverse is occupied by FETV programming.

A COAX Cable will work, but reception may very depending on how far you are from the towers and how you position the wire. Otherwise you can get a decent RCA antenna at Walmart for about $10. Again depending on how far you are from the towers. However this one is a UHF antenna. With the digital switchover UHF is better than VHF. The opposite of what it was with analog TV.

The COAX Cable method is fickle. Where I live CBS affiliate WFSB/3 (broadcasts on Channel 33) has their antenna on AVON Mountain and I have no problems picking up 3.1, 3.2,  and 3.3. Meanwhile Our Univision Spanish Affiliate) WUVN/18 (Broadcasts on Channel 46) does not come in. 18.1, 28.2, 18.3, and 18.4. FOX 61, WCCT-TV, NBC 30, and CPTV (PBS) are all on Rattle Snake Mountain. I can get FOX 61, WCCT-TV, and NBC 30 but can't get CPTV to come in.

Hudsons81

Quote from: Marc B on May 06, 2015, 12:36:23 PM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on May 06, 2015, 12:05:02 PM

A COAX Cable will work, but reception may very depending on how far you are from the towers and how you position the wire. Otherwise you can get a decent RCA antenna at Walmart for about $10. Again depending on how far you are from the towers. However this one is a UHF antenna. With the digital switchover UHF is better than VHF. The opposite of what it was with analog TV.

The COAX Cable method is fickle. Where I live CBS affiliate WFSB/3 (broadcasts on Channel 33) has their antenna on AVON Mountain and I have no problems picking up 3.1, 3.2,  and 3.3. Meanwhile Our Univision Spanish Affiliate) WUVN/18 (Broadcasts on Channel 46) does not come in. 18.1, 28.2, 18.3, and 18.4. FOX 61, WCCT-TV, NBC 30, and CPTV (PBS) are all on Rattle Snake Mountain. I can get FOX 61, WCCT-TV, and NBC 30 but can't get CPTV to come in.

I'll try working with a coax cable soon, but I'm not sure how the final result will end up, seeing that my house in Wyandotte, MI is 20 miles south of pretty much all of our local station's transmitters in Southfield-however, that distance is almost entirely flat, fortunately.

I will be very surprised if I manage to pick up any of the Toledo, OH stations at all, seeing as they have an over-the-air Me TV affiliate on WTOL 11 (CBS), plus, a station that broadcasts the same Cozi schedule.

BillyGr

Quote from: Hudsons81 on May 06, 2015, 09:18:24 PM
I'll try working with a coax cable soon, but I'm not sure how the final result will end up, seeing that my house in Wyandotte, MI is 20 miles south of pretty much all of our local station's transmitters in Southfield-however, that distance is almost entirely flat, fortunately.

I will be very surprised if I manage to pick up any of the Toledo, OH stations at all, seeing as they have an over-the-air Me TV affiliate on WTOL 11 (CBS), plus, a station that broadcasts the same Cozi schedule.

We're around 30 mi (give or take) from the tower here (all the local (Albany) stations put their antennas on one new tower during the digital transition) and we can get them (at least most of the time) with just the old TV top antenna or a similar new set. 
Of course, the tower is on a high point, so that may help.