Main Menu

To The Fugitive

Started by ynkeesfn82, May 16, 2015, 01:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

To The Fugitive:

I was cleaning some junk out of my Mom's shed today and found my stuffed Green Heinz Ketchup Man that I picked up at the Pittsburgh airport back in 2002 when I had a stop-over on my way from Hartford, CT to Baltimore. I don't know what I should do with him. Donate it to Savers or Goodwill or give it to my Mom for her to sell with her Garage Sale stuff. The senior community where she lives is having a garage sale next month.

TheFugitive

If you want to put it on eBay you might find someone here in Pittsburgh willing to buy it.
There are some people locally who collect Heinz memorabilia.  Particularly former Heinz employees.

Though that may be coming to an end.  After Berkshire Hathaway acquired Heinz they did a
rather aggressive downsizing and a number of forced buyouts.  Heinz had long been regarded
locally as a great place to work, but the new Warren Buffett method of doing things greatly
changed local opinions on that.  Now the rumor is that since they've been merged into Kraft,
everything that is left of Heinz is going to be moved to Kraft's world HQ out in Illinois.

I have some Heinz stuff I bought at a kiosk they used to have at the Grove City Outlet Mall
about an hour north of town.