2 New Digi-Nets Coming Soon

Started by ynkeesfn82, January 22, 2015, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

There are 2 new Digi-nets coming Soon.

Laff will be a network that will show sitcoms and movies and when it launches will be on sub-channels of stations owned by ABC/Disney such as Channel 7.3 in NYC and Channel 6.3 in Philly along with sub channels of select stations owned by EW Scripps such as WXYZ in Detroit, WKBW in Buffalo, and WMAR in Baltimore.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2015/01/new-multicast-network-laff-launching-in.html

Buzzr TV will be a classic game show network owned by Fermatle Media and will be in all 17 markets where FOX owns stations.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2015/01/natpe-2015-fall-2015-syndication-buzzr.html

TheFugitive

It has been announced that Laff will join WPXI here on 11.3.

DECADES is not on the air with a "soft opening" launch on KDKA 2.2

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TheFugitive on March 19, 2015, 01:53:57 PM
It has been announced that Laff will join WPXI here on 11.3.

DECADES is not on the air with a "soft opening" launch on KDKA 2.2

Yes. Decades official Launch Date is Memorial Day May 25th, I think. They're calling what they're showing know Binge-Watch TV showing every single episode of their programming almost non-stop.

And yes LAFF will be on WPXI. It was just announced within the past week that COX will be carrying the network on most of their owned channels which also includes WSB in Atlanta.

ynkeesfn82

Laff will be coming to Hartford, CT.  :) It will be airing on WFSB Channel 3.3 replacing Channel 3 Eyewitness News Now. Channel 3 is also picking up ESCAPE which is a cousin network to LAFF. It will be airing on Channel 3.2 which currently has no programming on it. Channel 3.2 used to be WSHM-LP, WFSB's sister station up in Spingfield, Mass. In Some areas of Western Mass the cable companies couldn't pick up WSHM-LP at the head-end, so they used the feed on WFSB 3.2 to. WSHM-LP has since gone digital and boosted their signal and thus was no longer needed to be ob WFSB. Channel 3.3 is already on COX Cable 801 so hopefully they'll put ESCAPE 3.2 on Channel 802.

AmesNewington

Quote from: Marc B on March 20, 2015, 05:26:16 PM
Laff will be coming to Hartford, CT.  :) It will be airing on WFSB Channel 3.3 replacing Channel 3 Eyewitness News Now. Channel 3 is also picking up ESCAPE which is a cousin network to LAFF. It will be airing on Channel 3.2 which currently has no programming on it. Channel 3.2 used to be WSHM-LP, WFSB's sister station up in Spingfield, Mass. In Some areas of Western Mass the cable companies couldn't pick up WSHM-LP at the head-end, so they used the feed on WFSB 3.2 to. WSHM-LP has since gone digital and boosted their signal and thus was no longer needed to be ob WFSB. Channel 3.3 is already on COX Cable 801 so hopefully they'll put ESCAPE 3.2 on Channel 802.

This news is quite exciting. I hadn't even imagined LAFF would be picked up by WFSB. I thought they would have aired DECADES (provided by CBS) on 3.2, as that channel slot needed a replacement from WSHM, and DECADES was the most logical choice. But regardless, I'm happy. I can't wait to see Empty Nest and Drew Carey especially. I am surprised WFSB is discontinuing Eyewitness News Now, although it probably has become obsolete. I remember when WVIT replaced their NBC Weather channel with COZI TV. I will also have to check out ESCAPE. It is great for me because I have an Antenna in addition to UVerse and clearly receive Channel 3 and it's subchannels. It will also make the Antenna mean something as COZI TV is also available on UVerse and I don't receive a signal for WGBY/Create any longer so I rarely watch it. But now I'm set!

Hudsons81

Quote from: AmesNewington on March 22, 2015, 09:05:36 AM
This news is quite exciting. I hadn't even imagined LAFF would be picked up by WFSB. I thought they would have aired DECADES (provided by CBS) on 3.2, as that channel slot needed a replacement from WSHM, and DECADES was the most logical choice. But regardless, I'm happy. I can't wait to see Empty Nest and Drew Carey especially. I am surprised WFSB is discontinuing Eyewitness News Now, although it probably has become obsolete. I remember when WVIT replaced their NBC Weather channel with COZI TV. I will also have to check out ESCAPE. It is great for me because I have an Antenna in addition to UVerse and clearly receive Channel 3 and it's subchannels. It will also make the Antenna mean something as COZI TV is also available on UVerse and I don't receive a signal for WGBY/Create any longer so I rarely watch it. But now I'm set!

Your antenna/Uverse setup seems interesting. How did you pull that off? Do you have any TVs that are connected to both?

AmesNewington

Quote from: Hudsons81 on March 22, 2015, 10:28:07 AM

Your antenna/Uverse setup seems interesting. How did you pull that off? Do you have any TVs that are connected to both?

I have the newer HDTVs hooked to both. There is an Antenna input and the UVerse is hooked in to HDMI input. I can switch between both. I originally got the Antenna in 2011 for classic subchannels.

Hudsons81

Quote from: AmesNewington on March 22, 2015, 11:34:19 AM
Quote from: Hudsons81 on March 22, 2015, 10:28:07 AM

I have the newer HDTVs hooked to both. There is an Antenna input and the UVerse is hooked in to HDMI input. I can switch between both. I originally got the Antenna in 2011 for classic subchannels.

Nice.

I'll have to experiment with that some day, as my Uverse is also connected to HDMI.

TheFugitive

Have been watching DECADES a lot lately as they've had a week-long marathon of the original
Mission:Impossible series (I have fond memories of sitting and watching that one with my
dad when I could not have been more than five or six years old).

I was disappointed by the fact that the sound was all screwed-up.  The music was at a very high
volume, as were extraneous noises like sirens and fog horns.  The dialog was at such a low level
as to be nearly incomprehensible.  And it was even worse on the commercials...they owe their
advertisers an apology.

Wasn't my TV set as I tried every available audio setting.  Guess someone was asleep in the
control booth.

Hudsons81

Saw at least two commercials advertising Buzzr today. Both had some sort of hip-hop-style tune with clips from the shows in their lineup, ending with the Buzzr logo and the text "NOW PLAYING: WJBK 2.3." Have you seen them in your area yet? (Of course they don't all have "NOW PLAYING: WJBK 2.3" at the end, but they may have similar text with their position in your area.)