Popular Spanish Actor/Comedian Chespirito passed away at 85

Started by ynkeesfn82, November 30, 2014, 01:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Chespirito a popular Spanish Actor/Comedian died Friday November 28th. Chespirito was known for the popular show on the Latin American Network Televisa - El Chavo del Ocho, which still airs in reruns in the USA on the UniMas Network.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Chespirito-Comedian-El-Chavo-del-Ocho-Dies-284179401.html

Editor's Note: Despite not speaking or understanding any Spanish at all, I have watched El Chavo del Ocho several times. A lot of it is visual humor so you don't need to understand the language to enjoy it.

TheFugitive

I had seen him in El Chapulin Colorado running on Telemundo (only available on the dish in Pittsburgh).
Dressed in red tights with antennae sticking out of his head.  The Bumblebee Man character on The
Simpsons
was loosely based on this show.

I don't speak Spanish either, but a lot of his physical humor was able to transcend the language barrier.
I believe his second wife was the actress who appeared in that show.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I've seen some el Chavo videos on YouTube, so I am familiar with Chespirito. I saw both the original sitcom and the cartoon, el Chavo animado, which is available in an English dub in addition to the Spanish original and Portuguese dub. I discovered el Chavo through watching the English dub of the cartoon on Trainer Hinaru's YouTube channel. Only the first three seasons of el Chavo animado were dubbed in English for the Kabillion channel. As for the sitcom, el Chavo del 8, I found a few episodes on YouTube with English subtitles.

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: TheFugitive on December 01, 2014, 05:16:33 PM
I had seen him in El Chapulin Colorado running on Telemundo (only available on the dish in Pittsburgh).
Dressed in red tights with antennae sticking out of his head.  The Bumblebee Man character on The
Simpsons
was loosely based on this show.

COX Cable just moved the Galavision Spanish Network (owned by Univision) to the Expanded Basic Service. Flipping channels this morning they were running "El Chapulin Colorado" at 10AM.