Parkway Center in Monroeville west PA

Started by GothicPrincess, March 04, 2009, 11:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GothicPrincess

sad to see, but I went here today and the mall is fairly dead. 5-6 stores in it, only on level 2, level 1 is Giant Eagle grocery store accessible only from the outside. The mall was built on a landfill and from vibrations from the highway and such, the foundation sunk up to 18 inches in places. it's a mess. photos are on my flickr account.
Start at this picture and keep going to the right on them...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12675558@N02/3328729753/
if you have a history and info, maybe pictures from years ago, please discuss
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

The Adamantium Elbow

I think you meant Greentree,PA. Such a sin it's dying. :( As a kid I used to go there with my bro and dad to hang out at the video arcade on saturdays.

GothicPrincess

I got it off deadmalls.com and they listed it as Monroeville. I checked out other malls in the area same day. I don't doubt it's in Greentree though. I'm not usually up that way, and I don't know my way around that well around there. I plan to try again in a few months to see if it's changed at all from the photos I posted.
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

TheFugitive

This mall closed in January, 2013 when the Kmart store closed.   There is still a Giant Eagle
supermarket in the building, but it has an exterior door and no access to the mall.

Rumors are that it will be demolished and replaced with some sort of mixed-use development.
A new Giant Eagle store would have to be built as Phase I of such a plan.