ME-TV upgrades stations in Philly and NYC

Started by ynkeesfn82, January 28, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Philly and NYC are both getting upgrades to their ME-TV affiliates. The classic TV network (Memorable Entertainment TeleVision) is now on the all new Channel 2.1 KJWP licensed to Wilmington, Delaware. KJWP comes to Delaware via Wyoming hence the "K" call sign. KJWP replaces WFMZ Channel 69.3 in Allentown as Philly's ME-TV affiliate. WFMZ is now ME-TV Allentown. Comcast/Xfinity has already announced they will be adding KJWP in February to Cable Channel 2.

KJWP has a sister station in NYC KVNV Channel 3.1 and they will serve as the new ME-TV affiliate in NYC. KVNV will launch sometime between March and June. Currently the NYC area gets ME-TV either via part time affiliate WZME 43.1 from Bridgeport (Seymour), Connecticut or a 24 hour national feed on Time Warner Cable. The station is licensed to Middletown Township, New Jersey.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/73575/metv-picks-up-bigmarket-primary-slots

TheFugitive

Moving VHF stations from out west to Delaware and New Jersey?
Freaky!

I'm surprised they did not grab WTOV-TV9 in Steubenville, Ohio.   Their signal largely
overlaps and duplicates programming from Pittsburgh's WPXI (NBC and Me TV). 

Plus Steubenville/Wheeling has had one of the fastest cratering population numbers
of any market over the past fifty years.