Main Menu

White Castle

Started by C. Fontaine, March 28, 2008, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

So, on a spur of the moment idea. my girlfriend Valerie and I went on a rainy day road trip to the closest White Castle to us, in Paterson NJ!  Nothing like 187 miles for fast food!  Since we've watched Harold and Kumar we've wanted to taste the miniburger goodness, like everyone else.  Here's a picture of the White Castle in Paterson, a pretty gangster section of town.

C. Fontaine

And here is 99 cents, less or more, on the way through downtown Paterson!

Marc82

Does your Dollar Tree sell Frozen White Castle Burgers? The one here in Southington does.

Ames#1171

I love White Castle!  I like the Chicken Rings, and their fries are awesome.  The one by me is a White Castle/Church's Chicken combo.  I'll have to get some pictures soon!
Ames" border="0

NJxxJon

So...you were 299 miles from me and couldnt even U2u me?????? HOW DARE!:huh:
JN

C. Fontaine

Yo don't be hatin' I would have if I were going to southern NJ.  Actually we were thinking of planning a trip to a Sonic, which is 201 miles away from me!  I'll def u2u if we do!

beachgal26

I know that I will make some of you mad over this, but I can't see the big deal about any of the White Castle food.  We have none here in Memphis, but my daughter insists on stopping every time we go to Nashville to see a concert.

You are also right that they always seem to be in the worst parts of town and luckily you can just drive through the drive-in lane and get out as quickly as possible.  (I even notice that ones we've seen have this funky turnstyle window where they place the food in a section ahnd spin it out to you and then you place your money in a basket and spin it back to them.  Verrrrry interesting!

:no::no::no:

Great Eastern

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
So, on a spur of the moment idea. my girlfriend Valerie and I went on a rainy day road trip to the closest White Castle to us, in Paterson NJ!  Nothing like 187 miles for fast food!  Since we've watched Harold and Kumar we've wanted to taste the miniburger goodness, like everyone else.  Here's a picture of the White Castle in Paterson, a pretty gangster section of town.

Fontaine,

If you went to this one (I know where it is in Paterson and your right, not the best section in town).  You could have went to one not too far away from this one and in a better section.  It is actually on the Paterson and  Clifton, NJ border on Clifton Ave and Piaget Ave on the corner.  It was actually the only White Castle in this area for the longest time in the 60's and 70's until they really started branching out in the NJ area in the 1980's.  The one I am talking about even had car hop service until the mid 1970's.  They had the sheild signs with the push button and speaker in the parking lot, you gave your order and they came out.  I use to love it.

They torn down the original building in 1992 after they built a new one on the same spot.  I loved the old style buildings they had.  But I tell you, that is a hell of a trip for some belly bombers :insane:

:info: PS: There was another White Castle on Bergen Turnpike off Rt. 46 right by the Valley Fair Discount Dept Store.  That one is only 7 Minutes off the George Washington Bridge.

NJxxJon

here.........

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=White+Castle&near=New+Jersey+08533&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=5&ct=more-results&cd=1

one in Union on page 2 ............Toms River has 3 near them ....(howell) ............One in eatontown Nj..............Etc.
JN

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by DefunctStoreKing
thanks for the help, buddy

Buddy?. How about Jon.
JN

MikeRa

We used to have White Castle restaurants in the Philadelphia, PA area.  One of the locations was at Franklin Mills Mall.  It has since been closed, demolished, and replaced by a KFC.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Mobil

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeRa
We used to have White Castle restaurants in the Philadelphia, PA area.  One of the locations was at Franklin Mills Mall.  It has since been closed, demolished, and replaced by a KFC.

I first heard of them when I saw a closed White Castle/Church's in Philadelphia. That was in 2001, after I had recently moved here from the Houston area. No idea what it is now, but I know Church's has recently re-entered this market.

XDeSuEhTX

Man, how I wish we had a White Castle around here. The closest ones are in Ohio. Epic.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

wwefan101

me to    my cousion knows some one thats going to get him   some one day that  is a truck driver for the place hes a gard for  i hope he gets them soon i  pobley will  eat  almost all them

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by Mobil

I first heard of them when I saw a closed White Castle/Church's in Philadelphia. That was in 2001, after I had recently moved here from the Houston area. No idea what it is now, but I know Church's has recently re-entered this market.
If it was the White Castle/Church's at Kensington Aveune, above Erie-torresdale Avenue, then it's right now a unknown local eatery.

Church's has a restaurant now at Bridge Street and Frankford Avenue, across from a Walgreen's and SEPTA's Frankford Transportation Center.
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

amesman

There have been rumors of White Castle opening a location here in Kingston. No concrete evidence has been found yet though. It's a little bit of a stretch too considering they have no others in the area and the closest one is in Nanuet, NY, a good hour and a half south.

videogamer75

If it was the White Castle/Church's at Kensington Aveune, above Erie-torresdale Avenue, then it's right now a unknown local eatery.

Church's has a restaurant now at Bridge Street and Frankford Avenue, across from a Walgreen's and SEPTA's Frankford Transportation Center.

In addition, there is now a Church's Chicken on the White Horse Pike in Lawnside, NJ (right outside of Philly).

My nearest White Castle is located in Toms River, NJ.

nims57

I looked up that intersection in Google Street View, and no sign of local restaurants, just the new Church's, Dunkin Donuts/Baskin-Robbins, and a McDonald's.

The one I remember had to be somewhere near the Wagner Institute science museum.

Church's has new locations in Sharon Hill (a former KFC), Norristown, and West Philadelphia (part of a Texaco/CITGO station).