Shopko files for bankruptcy; 105 stores to close*

Started by retailisking, January 12, 2019, 10:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retailisking

retailisking

danfifepsu

Quote from: retailisking on January 13, 2019, 09:56:25 PM
Quote from: danfifepsu on January 13, 2019, 11:10:55 AM
Could this means Shopko liquidates oh in 2020?

It could happen a lot sooner than that!

what makes you say that? It never seemed they were in trouble.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

I'm going to miss shopping at the first Shopko when it closes. That store holds so many memories. My memories of shopping Shopko in the '90s, '00s and '10s will be looked back upon with pride, much like the many users of this forum from the Atlantic and New England states look backed upon shopping Ames, Zayre, Hills, Caldor or Bradlees.

Luckily, that store is the only one in the Green Bay metro area to close, as there are four other locations in my area that are in much nicer condition, as the first store, built in 1962, was deteriorating, and the connected space vacated by a Jubilee Foods supermarket next door in contained trace amounts of asbestos. Jubilee Foods left the building in 2001.

danfifepsu

Amesguy2000

Someone I know went to the Syracuse Indiana Shopko and the lady that was checking their items out was telling her that next week they (corporate) were going to come into the location and announce that the location was closing.... anyone able to find truth to this???

Amesguy2000

Backing on my last comment, I emailed Shopko and got confirmation that the location will in fact close, so expect more announced closures soon....

danfifepsu

Quote from: Amesguy2000 on February 15, 2019, 09:28:44 AM
Backing on my last comment, I emailed Shopko and got confirmation that the location will in fact close, so expect more announced closures soon....

they may as well close them all as there wont be much left and I said before more of the norm when filing for Chapter 11 is eventually closing down operations.