Can I get an opinion on something?

Started by ynkeesfn82, May 20, 2015, 07:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

Can I get an opinion on something? Another hobby I have besides retail, TV, and radio is writing stories. The one I'm working on now will eventually become a book, though I won't have it published. I dream that someday it will become published and become a movie. I'm nowhere near done writing the thing, but I've already begun thinking about who I would cast as different characters.

My Facebook friend Matt suggested to me that Jonah Hill should play the lead character Robbie Mullens, who is the Customer Service Manager at a supermarket and a DJ at a popular night club. I agreed with Matt until I found out that Hill is only 5 feet 7. I would cast him as another character. I still don't have an actor in mind to portray the lead character Robbie Mullens nor do I have any actors in mind to portray his 2 best friends twins Ryan and Kyle Burton. I don't know of any male actors who are twins except for Dylan and Cole Sprouse from "Zack and Cody" on The Disney Channel.

Am I crazy for dreaming that someday my book would become a movie?

Here are some of the actors I would cast in the movie and the character they would play.

Jonah Hill as Roland Allen - A  20 something year old Cashier at the supermarket where Robbie and his friends work.

Channing Tatum as Greg Peterson - The 28 year old Manager of the supermarket who's been friends with Robbie since high school.

Melissa McCarthy as Mildred The Waitress at the diner where the friends stop for breakfast on their way to Philly.

Mila Kunis as Lisa Loveland - The Assistant Customer Service Manager at the supermarket.

Fran Drescher as The Crazy Customer - Don't know if she should have a name, but she goes completely "APE-frickin stuff" on Robbie, Lisa, and Greg because the brand of canned tuna that's on sale didn't come in on the delivery truck.

Kevin James as Tim -a 50 year old former teacher who is now the overnight cashier at the supermarket after being laid off from his teaching job due to budget cuts in the school district.

Patton Oswalt as The fill-in DJ at Club Cosmic.

Leah Remini as Wendy Swanson the Co-owner of Club Cosmic

Anna Faris as Kandi - a bartender at Club Cosmic who is a all beauty and no brains type of girl.

Sara Gilbert as Cindy - A cashier at the supermarket with 4 children. She will be donning a grey wig to portray this character.

What does everyone think?

TheFugitive

I think you are looking at a cool $300 million in payroll there.   :D

All I know is if they ever make a movie about my life I want Barbara Eden to
play my mom.  They are around the same age, and look a whole lot alike.

It made my mom happy to no end when I told her this.