A Comp-USA [FREEHOLD NJ]

Started by NJxxJon, August 28, 2008, 11:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJxxJon

I decided to get this because its been closed for months now.Odds are they will not paint this building again! i wish I could afford to LEASE!!!!!!

I remember this on black friday, it was nuts. Lines everywhere.

Below is the inside.......bad reflection, sorry!

JN

C. Fontaine

Nice!  There's one here in Warwick, RI.  I should go grab pictures before it becomes something else!

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Nice!  There's one here in Warwick, RI.  I should go grab pictures before it becomes something else!

Do it TO it! ........haha.
JN

Caldor1999

i have a few from the one in white plains ny store when they were closeing down
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

dmx10101

the ones in Florida and a couple other states reopened, but are owned by the company that runs tigerdirect.com. When I was visiting FL last month I went in one of the reopended ones. It was like deja vu, almost everything was the same- signage, fixtures, the outside sign, it was crazy but cool to see. http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/compusaStores/index.asp heres the locations that reopened.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101
the ones in Florida and a couple other states reopened, but are owned by the company that runs tigerdirect.com. When I was visiting FL last month I went in one of the reopended ones. It was like deja vu, almost everything was the same- signage, fixtures, the outside sign, it was crazy but cool to see. http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/compusaStores/index.asp heres the locations that reopened.

TD and COMPUSA is a crappy merger. One company online and another offline. Bad. FL was famous in most the COMPUSA articles....makes me wonder how we got those stores....
JN

videogamer75

I am so sad that Comp-USA is closing so many stores, they are one of my favorite stores. I am an electronics buff too, so these kinds of stores are the ones I like most.

Crawford

The CompUSA in North Attleboro still has the signage both on the building and pylon. Oddly, the security gate that was lowered over the doors is now raised. Haven't seen anything move in or any signs of it, so I wonder if perhaps it was just being shown to prospective tenants?
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by Crawford
The CompUSA in North Attleboro still has the signage both on the building and pylon. Oddly, the security gate that was lowered over the doors is now raised. Haven't seen anything move in or any signs of it, so I wonder if perhaps it was just being shown to prospective tenants?

Maybe....nothing is gated in Freehold, but then again freehold is a more, "rich and clean" area - I can see people messing with buildings in this area.
JN

C. Fontaine

There was a Comp USA in Warwick, RI that had their signs and whatnot up before I left the area a few months ago.  Crawford, I know you're from the RI area, do you know if it is still there?  It was the Bald Hill Rd. strip with all the other stores.