Troublesome rumors circulating...

Started by XDeSuEhTX, January 03, 2009, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XDeSuEhTX

I've recently heard some unsettling rumors about stores to close soon.

They include:

- Gabriel Brothers
- Pacsun
- Rue 21
- JC Penny

I almost want to say I don't really believe any of it's true, but with this economic crisis we're in, I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

I really, really, hope this isn't true. Because I enjoy all of these stores, they are where I get most all of my clothes. If they go out, there will hardly be anywhere left in my town that sells the kind of clothes I like. I'll be pretty angry.

Can someone please confirm that these are indeed, only rumors?
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

NJxxJon

Welcome back to the boards....
-
If PacSun's prices weren't so jacked up I would buy a tee shirt from them once in a while.  :mad:
JN

silverrose43

I've heard the PAC SUN one. I heard that they were closing a lot of stores. I work the the Crystal Mall in Waterford and ours is rumored to be going soon which will be a huge blow to the mall.

They are so expensive it's no wonder they are struggling so much

JimSawhill

JC Penny won't be closing!! The one in the Mall here in Brandon (Florida) is doing GREAT!! They just opened a new JCP in a new mall in Pasco county.

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by JimSawhill
JC Penny won't be closing!! The one in the Mall here in Brandon (Florida) is doing GREAT!! They just opened a new JCP in a new mall in Pasco county.

I highly doubt one store's sales represents a whole chain. I'm sure we will see many closings of JC Penney and other retailers, even if the entire chain does not fold.

kendra

I personally don't see JCP in danger of any mass closures anytime soon...PacSun, on the other hand, as noted above is a highly overpriced specialty retailer, and those are likely going to find it harder and harder to hold their own in this economic climate. Something that caters to consumers on a broader level, such as JCP, will probably stick around a lot longer. I'm not familiar with the other two chains so I cannot comment.