Church's Fried Chicken

Started by HoJofan206, July 17, 2005, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoJofan206

We had 3 of these in Evansville in the 1980's but they all went out of business.  I thought they were ALL gone but then saw some earlier this summer when I was in Mississippi.
Anyone else still have these restaurants in their cities?

store215

I don't know of any, but I know they are owned by the same company that owns Popeye's chicken.

LazarusFan

In Columbus, we have these dual White Castle/Church's Chicken stores.  I've also seen a Church's Chicken on a Najavo reservation in Chile, Arizona.

HoJofan206

Yes, now that you mention it, I have seen a dual Church's Chicken and White Castle combo.  The building itself looked to have been built as a White Castle and then the Church's Chicken was added on later.  Perhaps the same parent company bought the chicken franchise. :huh:

df559

We have one Church's here, it opened in a building that was built in the 70's as a Carl's Jr. It operated as a Weinerschnitzel for a brief period, then became a mom-and-pop place called "Malt Shop". It still looks like a Carl's Jr, though, they did very little renovations through out all those changes! There is a 70's Church's that closed in the 80's on the other side of town, it has been a Taqueria for quite a while, and still displays the Church's "Drive Thru" sign, even though the drive-thru window is boarded over.

HoJofan206

Two of our former Churches locations are not one of those "Cashland Shoppes" and they even use the drive thru.
:insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

HoJofan206

Churches had those very small buildings and most of it was windows......

HoJofan206

Former 1980's style Churches Fried Chicken location.  It has been multiple things since its "chicken days".  :insane:

HoJofan206

Original Churches Chicken roadside sign that has been re-used.

Kmart4life

We have one in Lakeland FL. but it rarely does good business.

HoJofan206

Here is a picture of an old (1981) Atlanta Hawks NBA schedule with the classic 1980's Churches Fried Chicken logo on it.

HoJofan206

Classic 1980's style Churches location

dmx10101

There are quite a few Church's chicken locations in Florida and Georgia.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

dave73

There are 3 Church's Chicken locations that opened in either the 1960's or 1970's, and all 3 of them in Gary, Indiana.  The 4th location opened around 1998 (I believe 1998, but no later than 2000) inside Ultra Foods in Merrillville Indiana, and that location is owned by Strack & Van Til (parent company of Ultra Foods).  Food is reasonably priced, but rather oily.  This is at all locations.  

videogamer75

Former Church's in Clementon, NJ. Now United Check Cashing. Click the picture to make it larger.

MikeRa

We have a few Church's Chicken locations here in the Philadelphia area.  One of them is located at Frankford Avenue and Bridge Street, across the street on the NE side by Walgreens and the NW side by SEPTA's Frankford Transportation Center.

Down the street from this Church's location is Holiday Thriftway, which is in a former Penn Fruit Company building
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"